Nuggets at Suns 7pm FSN AZ HD

Lynx280

Registered
Reaction score
is someone watching this game? whats with jr smith gettin put in now? also, get TUCKER in there

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
He should just keep shooting like this the rest of the year, I think we could find some playing time for him then. :)

cly2tw

Reaction score
The last turnover Nash/Amare was again Nash not immediately passing to Amare and only decided to do so when Nene was approaching and got it poked away. Sigh! Trust Amare more plz!

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
I outlay $50 on the Nuggets +7.5 (both teams combined scoring over 229.5) and the Suns don't led the Nuggets trim the lead.

That'd be right...

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
what a way to end the game 3 by banks to give them a season high in points :).

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
suns "found" a shooter.

and a shooter who can play D.

hopefully he keeps it up. good for him.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Banks is making D'Antoni look foolish for not giving him playing time.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Great diplomatic postgame comment by Hill, "We will need Marcus down the stretch in the season". hahahah, Get it DA! :)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
good for banks. now is he gonna slap around teams from the 3 point line like that night in and night out? no way. but if he's able to hit at a nice 38 - 42% clip and provide the type of defense he played on iverson tonight, he HAS to get minutes, and they'll be invaluable minutes. but can he do it against the spurs in the playoffs . . . ? i guess that's my ultimate question for every player on our team. we know amare can. we know nash can. i think hill will. it's everyone else . . . . who's got it boys???

nice win.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Banks is making D'Antoni look foolish for not giving him playing time.

Let's hope Coach sees the value of Marcus and that Marcus continues to play hard. Seven threes is not going to happen again, but I will take 18-22 minutes with 12 points and lock down perimeter defense any day!

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great offensive display. If Banks can shoot this well every night he will get consistent minutes.

What worries me is defensive rebounding, yet again. Since this game ended up a blow out, people will overlook that, but there is no excuse for giving up 23 offensive rebounds. On most nights that will spell disaster.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Amare is the unsung hero of the game. Our offense stalled for quite a while in the 3rd after he sat. He was leading by example to be aggressive overall and played the team concept on offense perfectly.

Atescoop

Reaction score
The last turnover Nash/Amare was again Nash not immediately passing to Amare and only decided to do so when Nene was approaching and got it poked away. Sigh! Trust Amare more plz!
Well actually, Nash should have fed him with a bounce pass due to the angle from wing to elbow.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Great offensive display. If Banks can shoot this well every night he will get consistent minutes.

What worries me is defensive rebounding, yet again. Since this game ended up a blow out, people will overlook that, but there is no excuse for giving up 23 offensive rebounds. On most nights that will spell disaster.

I wouldn't complain it too much in this game as Bell was guarding Melo most of the time and he did a good job at it. Melo got all his frustration by rebounding offensively like a mad man. But Amare were responsible for at least two and Skinner for one by not properly boxing out.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
dantoni a little on edge in the post game questions...

cly2tw

Reaction score
Well actually, Nash should have fed him with a bounce pass due to the angle from wing to elbow.

At the time he decided to pass, you are right. But Amare had been by himself for at least 2 sec while Nash was hasitating whether to pass it to him. Pass the ball to the first open man the earliest possible moment should be the maxim, right? Nash didn't do that. Maybe it's just Nash being not as sharp as he used to.

Atescoop

Reaction score

Yea, and the defense did give up a lot of points. What if the Suns had only shot 45 % from 3pt line. Even with a couple of long rebounds, it could have went the other way. Do the math. That would amount to 18 fewer points, depending on second chance opps. There will be nights where they shoot less than 40%.