NY Mets @ Arizona Diamondbacks series thread. 08/27/24-08/29/24

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Now THIS series has me concerned…
Will we finally see the impact of the losses of Marte and Walker?
Will the lack of a proven closer finally catch up to us?

The Mets have OWNED us over the past 4-5 years… though we did split the 4-game series earlier this year.
Riding a 6-game win streak, we’re bound to hit a bump in the road at some point. With the Dodgers up next…seems like this Mets series could be bumpy…

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Walker or Marte is why we are hurting against lefties. Marte has a 1.111 OPS against lefties this year, which is a frankly insane number.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Now THIS series has me concerned…
Will we finally see the impact of the losses of Marte and Walker?
Will the lack of a proven closer finally catch up to us?

The Mets have OWNED us over the past 4-5 years… though we did split the 4-game series earlier this year.
Riding a 6-game win streak, we’re bound to hit a bump in the road at some point. With the Dodgers up next…seems like this Mets series could be bumpy…
This has easily been the worst game this team has played in close to two months. They literally look like little leaguers at the plate! And what the hell happened to Perdomo’s defensive skills? Wow…
As I posted, I was afraid this would happen. Who knows why, but the Mets own the Dbacks… Ugh…

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Gotta bounce back tonight! Severino is good. But our bats needs to come alive tonight and Perdomo can't have another horrific defensive game like that again - for the rest of the season!

Devilmaycare

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
We miss Gabby. Castillo has no arm. I think my throw to 2nd is still stronger than that one.