OT - What High School Did you go to?

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by BradMannTX
...for me to POOP on!

The Tri-Cities are a wasteland. I hated it there, but made a lot of good friends. Hottest of hots with the coldest of colds. It truly is a baren hell-land. Oh, don't forget the random evacuation alerts about once a year 'cause Hanford "might have sprung a leak".

:thumbup:

Diggity

Registered
Reaction score
Helias High School, Jefferson City Mo. Class of 95. Home to 82,83,84,85,86,88,89,91,93,94,98,03 State Wrestling Champs.87 2nd. 90,5th 92, 2nd. 95 2nd. 96 2nd. 97 2nd. 99 3rd. 00 2nd. 01 3rd. 02, 3rd. :thumbup:

PeoriaAZCards

Rookie
Reaction score
Me - Neshaminy Langhorne H.S. 76...Langhorne, Pa.

Wife - Pennsbury H.S. 78...Fairless Hills, Pa.

Rival High Schools!!!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Scarsdale (NY) HS Red Raiders. (Skkorp wrote) - Class of 1917?
Cute. That would make me something like 105 years old. (We did wear leather helmets, though).

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Wish I could have caught this subject sooner.

I attended one of the most infamous High Schools of all time. Didn't graduate there but spent my Sophmore year at Columbine High School, Littleton, CO.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Originally posted by maddogkf
Where's you grad from?

Didn't actually. After the start of my Senior year I was working full time and running a full racing schedule. In my infinate wisdom and since I knew EVERYTHING back then I took the GED test and graduated. It's never been a problem but I do wonder what I missed out on.

jmr667

Random Poster
Reaction score
Originally posted by AzCards21
Wish I could have caught this subject sooner.

I attended one of the most infamous High Schools of all time. Didn't graduate there but spent my Sophmore year at Columbine High School, Littleton, CO.

I graduated from a high school not as famous but with just as good a reputation.
C.M. Russell High School in Great Falls, Montana. You know, the school that Ryan Leaf graduated from...:)

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Originally posted by jmr667
I graduated from a high school not as famous but with just as good a reputation.
C.M. Russell High School in Great Falls, Montana. You know, the school that Ryan Leaf graduated from...:)

Biggest serial killer of all time. Made them all suffer for over two years. Slow death, Just horrible. :D

AndyO

Veteran
Reaction score
Roselle Catholic High School, Roselle, NJ
Class of 1979

Gotta believe I'm the only RC grad on this board :D

AzKarl

Veteran
Reaction score
Graduated from High School in 1972

Graduated from Gerard Catholic High School in Phoenix in 1972. The school was closed by the Diocese. I think I have everyone but Jeff G. beat.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
Desert Vista class of 2005

Did you know Joshua Bornstein?

Just caught this in the Tribune, happened last weekend...

Driver is killed as car hits wall
Ahwatukee Foothills

Former Desert Vista High School student Joshua Bornstein died over the weekend when he crashed his car into a block wall on the 3500 block of Ray Road in Phoenix late Friday. He was on his way home from a night of partying, police say.

Bornstein, who was not wearing a seat belt, was thrown from his 2001 Pontiac Grand Am into the flames of the crash, said Phoenix police Sgt. Mike LeGault. He could not be rescued because of extreme temperatures.

Police are searching for the location of the party and for those who provided alcohol to Bornstein, LeGault said. If arrests are made, there could be charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor or endangerment.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
Southeast HS, Springfield, Illinois. 1981

Home of the Spartans.

No crap, you're from Springfield? My best friend at college is from there. She went to Sacred Heart - Griffin. Dont know if that was a rival school or anything... :D

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RedStripe27 said:
Brophy College Prep, 2002

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

<--- St Mary's '02 grad....

Where did you go to grade school... you probably know a lot of people that I know

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joshua Bornstein

Fatality leads to teen fund
Lindsey Collom
The Arizona Republic
May. 18, 2005

The father of a 19-year-old who died in an alcohol-fueled collision has established a memorial fund in his son's name to pay for drug and alcohol prevention programs for high school students.

Burt Bornstein's son, Joshua Bornstein, died Saturday when his 2001 Pontiac Grand Am barreled into a block wall near 34th Street and Ray Road. Police say Joshua had been drinking at a party attended mostly by high school students.

"I want to get some sort of message out because high school is really where the trouble is," Bornstein said Tuesday. "They're driving, experimenting more. We need to get someone in (the schools), changing kids' lives, saving their lives so they can hear the truth, they can hear the consequences of mixing alcohol or drugs with driving."

Bornstein said he had many discussions with his son about not drinking and driving. Joshua told him he would stay at a friend's house if he did drink, he said.

Joshua's friends have tried to make sense of his death in recent days, explaining to Bornstein that teenagers do stupid things.

"Most of the times, we get away with it," they told Bornstein. "This was one time Josh did a stupid thing, and he didn't get away with it."

Bornstein was proud of the son he described as loving and levelheaded. He was just as comfortable around student athletes as he was computer geeks, always maintaining a laid-back attitude.

While not religious, Bornstein says his son was spiritual, loved God and expressed concern for his friends who were dealing with "pressures from life and family, school, drugs and drinking."

As for Joshua, his father didn't mind if he had a beer or two. He reasoned that if his son was old enough to vote and to die for his country, he was old enough to have a drink.

He was named after the biblical Joshua, a warrior. Bornstein said that after his son's birth, he took him in his arms and raised him up, saying: "Lord God, let him be a warrior for you and let his life reflect your peace.

"That's the kind of kid he was."

Some of Joshua's friends who have tried to comfort Bornstein this week are the same teens who hold vigil at the accident site each night, lighting candles and sharing memories.

But Bornstein can't bring himself to go there. Not yet, maybe not ever.

"I know Josh is in a better place, and I know it as sure as I know my name," he said. "What's hard for us back here? I don't know how to live."

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Astronaut High School War Eagles, Titusville FL, clas of '97

My high schools NFL claim to fame: Chris Collingsworth, Wilber Marshall, Aaron Walker.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assface said:
Astronaut High School War Eagles, Titusville FL, clas of '97

My high schools NFL claim to fame: Chris Collingsworth, Wilber Marshall, Aaron Walker.

the war eagles?

You should have been the Astronaut High School Astronauts. :|

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
CLASS OF 91 CORONA DEL SOL..HOME OF THE AZTECS..MY WIFE WENT TO MOUNTAIN VIEW..ALSO 91... :notworthy