OT - What High School Did you go to?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
No crap, you're from Springfield? My best friend at college is from there. She went to Sacred Heart - Griffin. Dont know if that was a rival school or anything... :D

Think of St. Mary's vs Brophy/Xavier.......only nastier.

Sacred Heart/Griffin used to be separate schools - Sacred Heart was all-girls, Griffin was all-boys. A lot of the guys that went to Griffin lived in the Southeast HS area. Southeast (pre-busing) had a large black population, and even after busing started (mid-1970's) was thought of as the "black HS" - even though the other public HS's in the city had the same percentage of black students as Southeast. Anyways, Griffin and Southeast were huge rivals. I can remember Griffin students painting our huge statue of a Spartan black, and SE students retalitating by painting statues on the Griffin campus pink. Another time, at the City HS Basketball tournament, some Griffin Students carried around a white sheet that had a map of Africa painted on it, with the caption "Home of the Spartans"......

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JPlay said:
Boo Here too!!!! St. Mary's Grad, 1997

All right, a fellow Knight!!

You had Ryan Kealy and the 14-0 season and I think a girl's bball stae championship during your run :notworthy

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
Think of St. Mary's vs Brophy/Xavier.......only nastier.

Sacred Heart/Griffin used to be separate schools - Sacred Heart was all-girls, Griffin was all-boys. A lot of the guys that went to Griffin lived in the Southeast HS area. Southeast (pre-busing) had a large black population, and even after busing started (mid-1970's) was thought of as the "black HS" - even though the other public HS's in the city had the same percentage of black students as Southeast. Anyways, Griffin and Southeast were huge rivals. I can remember Griffin students painting our huge statue of a Spartan black, and SE students retalitating by painting statues on the Griffin campus pink. Another time, at the City HS Basketball tournament, some Griffin Students carried around a white sheet that had a map of Africa painted on it, with the caption "Home of the Spartans"......

:shock:

Daaaaaang!!!

TheNextDavePasch

Play-by-Play Man
Reaction score
South Mountain High School class of 2005. Many great NFL Alum, some of which were Rebels and some were Jaguars.

Terry Fair, Raymond Perryman, Rashad Bauman, Manuel Hendrix, Tony Battiest, Jason Shivers, and I think Moody Jackson played in the NFL too, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I think there are a few more, but that's all I can think of.

Cardsmasochist

Full Throttle!!
Reaction score
Buffoalo Grove, HS (Illinois)
Class of '86
home of the Bison.

The only guy I can think of that came out of my school was the first baseman that replaced Steve Garvey on the Dodgers in the mid '80's.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jefftheshark said:
Coronado High...a decade before BIM.

The Shark

Class of '79?

If so, I was at your graduation. :thumbup:

(My Uncle - Lee Norland - graduated from there in '79)

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
CardFan67 said:
St. Anthony High School - Long Beach, CA - Class of 85

Jack Kemp
Jack Snow
Darrick Martin

I am sure there are others but those are the only ones I either met or knew...

Djaughe

Reaction score
Fenster School of Southern Arizona

(Class of '87)

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hamilton High School
Chandler, Arizona
Class of 2004
Notable NFLer - Terrell Suggs

mncardfan

Rookie
Reaction score
same school same year

SECTION 11 said:
Corona Del Sol 1989

I also graduated from Corona in 89. Only went there for 3 years as a transplant from Missouri. Now in Minnesota. Real name Gary Michael, maybe I know you from high school, maybe not, whats your real name Section 11?

mncardfan

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
Doing a repeat here. Alton High School, Class of 78. Home of the Red Birds!!

By the way all my friends at that time wanted to go to the California School
Ridgemont High.

Derm

slippery when wet
Reaction score
East High School (Phoenix - 48th St/Washington) Class of 1969.

We used to call it Tovera Tech as the stockyards were just down the street. It was a lovely aroma during lunch time. Go figure we were the 'East High Longhorns'.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Helena High School, Helena, MT. Class of 1984. Notable graduates include Pat Donovan, All Pro offensive lineman for the Cowboys in late 70's and Senator Max Baucus (D-MT) and the late Senator Alan Roth (the Roth IRA guy) of Delaware.

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
Cactus High School (Glendale, AZ) Class of 1991.

I heard something this weekend. Do you realize the class that is just now graduating started school in 1993!! :eek: :rolleyes:

Man I am old.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
i have no idea how you scooling works to be honest other than that you have college after high school (and you have to pass each year at high school ?!?!)

in England you go to high school from ages 12 to 15/16 where you sit your final exams. after that you are free to work or do A-levels. After that you can go to uni which i suppose is like your college!!

for the record i was at Seaton Burn High School!!

then about 10 years later went to Uni of Northumbria (part time whilst working) where i read Law for 4 years.