Over or under 6

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There seem to be a lot of debate on this board about Pace.

There are people who are saying they should build the guy a statue if he gets more then 3 sacks. There are others who say he could get as high as 12.

I personally dont think he will be all world this yearbut I think he will be decent and a pleasant surprise. I want to call on the carpet peoples official predictions right now?

I say he will end the year with 7 sacks so obviously I take the over!

Make your stand and lets see who had the better crystal ball come December???

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
About 6 (or 6.5)

But in Madden he only had 3, though it is against my better judgement. :D

Oh god Krang not the Madden comparison!

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My gut tells me Pace will be the best DL on the team by season's end, and 5-10 sacks isn't out of the question. He seems very athletically gifted and very intelligent. He'll be a playmaker for sure.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.5 sacks.

If this is a typical Cardinals season, this could happen in two ways:

1. He gets them in the first 2 and a half games, then is out for the year with an injury.

2. He gets 5 sacks in the last game of the season giving us a glimmer of hope for next year to wrap up a dismal 4-12 year.

If this is a special Cardinals season:

He'll contribute all year long and help the surprising 9-7 champs of a disappointing NFCW.

dbcard74

Reaction score

As soon as I read about where he always lined up in college, but still got sacks, versus where he will line up for the Cards, I decided maybe they were onto something that the media experts who bashed them on this one knew nothing about. If they are, this could make Rod Graves a draft reputation in a hurry.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane, I think you're right on. I see 7-8 sacks IF he stays healthy and earns the start.

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
Originally posted by jmt
If he gets 10 sacks he was a steal!

To me if he gets more then 6.5 sacks he is a steal. Lets be honest our 2 best defensive players sack wise between the 2 of them only got 6.5 sacks, so if he can match or pass that by himself I'll be happy. Plus and more importantly to me, if he can just consistantly put pressure on the quarterback then I will be very happy.

My real hope is to have a good D-line that makes the Qb make a decision in 3-4 seconds from our current d-line last year of 7-9 seconds.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think his sack total will depend on Bryants play. If Bryant comes out and get 5 sacks in teh first 3 games it will open things up for Pace because they will be force to double team Bryant and Pace will have a little more space here and ther to work with. If that is the case I would not be surprise to see Pace get close to 10

tigertat

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by bankybruce
I think his sack total will depend on Bryants play. If Bryant comes out and get 5 sacks in teh first 3 games it will open things up for Pace because they will be force to double team Bryant and Pace will have a little more space here and ther to work with. If that is the case I would not be surprise to see Pace get close to 10

I to think it somewhat depends on Bryants play. But I also think it depends on KVB play as well. IMO opinion both will be better, but my how much. Bryant should be better with a true training camp and concentrating on DT only not DE which was a mistake the coaches said they made. Plus KVB doesnt have the knee injury crutch anymore. So again both should be better but my how much we will never now until preseason. But IMO I think that it will be the opposite way around and Pace will make Bryant and KVB better.

Plus I think he will support the run a lot better then Wakefield. I think that we all forget that Our run D was worse then our pass D last year.

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
Cause nobody else has done it . . .

16 sacks. Defensive Rookie of the Year. He makes ESPN highlight reels on a weekly basis with his push-in-the-back assists to DT's resulting in TFL.

AZ1766

Veteran
Reaction score
I'll take the over.... he will be productive. A guess would be 7......although I've never seen him play a down of football.
I'm just hoping that both offensive and defensive lines play well this year...that would keep us in more games with a chance to win.
Then maybe Blake and Emmit can show everybody they can still get it done.....

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
word is the KVB is going to be a force this year and I've heard the same story from several people including KVB at t he draft part.

Basicly the story is that last offseason he was rehabbing. This means he is working on getting back to where he was. This year he has been adding to his conditioning rather than trying to catch up to his original level.

Man I hope this works out

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Pace may be a good player but I really don't feel he's anywhere close to being ready to contribute immediately.

If he develops, I think he'll be a 10 sack guy by his 3rd year but I think anyone who expects this guy to be ready "right out of the box" is seriously over-optimistic. Wake Forest to the NFC West is a big step.

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by nidan
word is the KVB is going to be a force this year and I've heard the same story from several people including KVB at t he draft part.

Not trying to be all NEM-ish or anything, but is that really objective?

I doubt KVB or anyone associated with the team would say anything other than "Kyle is going to have a monster year".

So I don't put too much stock into the argument that KVB is going to be a force because he says he will be or that his coaches say he will be. I mean, can you possibly imagine McGinnis coming out and saying anything but that?

I think the man would be fired if he said "Yeah, Kyle's probably gonna be average, we hope to get like 3 sacks from him" :)

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Sacks total: 3.5

I say 3.5 sacks. The guy hasn't even seen a real NFL tackle yet. He'll see 16 of the best in the games that count. I think there has been to much hype already. Although I'd love for him to succeed and show everyone (all the doubters like me).

-OCF

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Is he pretty much penciled in for LDE at this point? It would appear so.

KVB, Bell, Bryant, Pace ? I know that they're tinkering with 3 and 5 man fronts, but for a base line, is this what we're looking at?

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by OmahaCardsFan
S11, no..no..no.. I'ts Pace, Bryant, Bell, KVB

Are you looking at their asses or their faces?
Because I always thought that the LDE was on the left from the safety's perspective, not the O lines.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
I think Pace gets 2.5 sacks. His 5 years in college ball should be a plus, but realisticly, if he becomes a starter by mid season, he'll be doing very well.

If he becomes a starter by mid season, he'll get a chance to see how veteran NFL O-linemen will handle him, and what he needs to do to improve in his own game. By his second year he'll be able to have some success, leading into his third year.