Per Schefter - Kerry Rhodes now a Card

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
So Jets fans are saying that Rhodes is extremely talented but doesn't try much. A change of scenery might be able to help

Not to be negative here but I Donnie Henderson should be able to make him "try". :D

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but in total he will still cost under 5 mill this year.
The deal features base salaries of $2.78 million (2010), $2.525 million (2011), $3.5 million (2012) and $4.5 million (2013), plus a $2 million roster bonus due March 12.

So it would be the $2 million bonus plus his salary for 2010, $2.78 mil, totaling $4.78 mil?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Brian Billick's reaction to the signing:

"Antron Rhodes was a great pick up for the Cardinals and brings credibilty back to the Free Safety position"

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Jason La Canafora (sp?) on the NFL Network just brought up a great point. Donnie Henderson, our current DB coach, was with the Jets when they drafted Rhodes and was there during Kerry's best year (2007).

That makes this trade even better. Rhodes was one of the best young safeties with Henderson and now they reunite. I am positive Henderson had a lot of input on this.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jason La Canafora (sp?) on the NFL Network just brought up a great point. Donnie Henderson, our current DB coach, was with the Jets when they drafted Rhodes and was there during Kerry's best year (2007).

That makes this trade even better. Rhodes was one of the best young safeties with Henderson and now they reunite. I am positive Henderson had a lot of input on this.
I bet he has some input on this deal. Things are looking brighter.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

That makes this trade even better. Rhodes was one of the best young safeties with Henderson and now they reunite. I am positive Henderson had a lot fo input on this.
Rhodes is a hard hitter also. The Cardinals should have one of the more aggressive and hardest hitting saftey combo's in the NFL. Will make teams think twice about throwing across the middle. DRC and McFadden should be seeing more work...

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score

Donnie Henderson was only there for Rhodes' rookie season. Henderson was with the Lions from 06-07.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1. Is Rhodes relatively healthy and injury free?

2. How old is he.

3. I feel a lot less bummed out now about where we were as a team in the wake of yesterday's carnage.

4.We needed a"win" desperately and we got it.

5. Good first step. Now let's fix ILB and after that, at least one veteran QB.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I guess we can rule out Clark and Atogwe now...plus it means Rashad Johnson doesn't have to be rushed in to playing time he may not be ready for.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Quick reaction by Whis and co. I think they realized that fans were about to jump ship and to fix it, they needed to make a big deal quick. I think Rhodes makes us a more consistent defense. Lets face it: all Rolle wanted to do on every play was get into the endzone. He didnt care about the fundamentals of being a safety.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Is Rhodes relatively healthy and injury free?

2. How old is he.

3. I feel a lot less bummed out now about where we were as a team in the wake of yesterday's carnage.

4.We needed a"win" desperately and we got it.

5. Good first step. Now let's fix ILB and after that, at least one veteran QB.

He's injury free. Only 27 and one helluva player!

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Quick reaction by Whis and co. I think they realized that fans were about to jump ship and to fix it, they needed to make a big deal quick. I think Rhodes makes us a more consistent defense. Lets face it: all Rolle wanted to do on every play was get into the endzone. He didnt care about the fundamentals of being a safety.
I disagree TJ. I think this deal was in the works for a while now. It was rumored yesterday and I think the extra picks gave the Cards the ammo to get this finalized. If Graves and co. make personel decisions based on fan reactions we are screwed. It's not the way to run an organziation. I also think we may see another "big" acquisition before the end of next week.

Last edited:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disagree TJ. I think this deal was in the works for a while now. It was rumored yesterday and I think the extra picks gave the Cards the ammo to get this finalized. If Grave and co. make personel decisions based on fan reactions were are screwed. It's not the way to run an organziation. I also think we may see another "big" acquisition before the end of next week.

cosign

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree TJ. I think this deal was in the works for a while now. It was rumored yesterday and I think the extra picks gave the Cards the ammo to get this finalized. If Grave and co. make personel decisions based on fan reactions were are screwed. It's not the way to run an organziation. I also think we may see another "big" acquisition before the end of next week.

Agreed about knee jerk reaction. This wasn't one IMO. I can see us making another move or signing someone like Porter.