Petition

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i guess you have to ask yourself, is this hurting anyone? if not, and people wanna do it, why make a big deal outta it?

When someone outright tells me to "dont say it doesnt matter" I will refute him because it doesnt really matter no matter how much he says it does.

PHX 32

Hard times on Planet Orange
Reaction score
This is another reason why a petition like this is worthless. It doesnt even show true #'s of displeased fans because how many fans do this exact same thing?

WOW THEN DON'T SIGN THE DAMN THING!!

We all fully understand you think it's pointless so just keep it to yourself.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When someone outright tells me to "dont say it doesnt matter" I will refute him because it doesnt really matter no matter how much he says it does.

You have absolutely no idea if it matters or not so don't pretend you do. The NBA is a marketing machine and I am certain they are well aware of the poll results on ESPN

But in any event it is called catharsis. People want to have the ability to speak out in whatever manner that they can. Why be such a killjoy?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lmao:

Signing this amounts to doing nothing.

You've proved my point. You did nothing as in the quote. If you would have signed it, you would have at least done something.

I vote in political elections basically because of principle. I signed this petition because of principle as well.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have absolutely no idea if it matters or not so don't pretend you do. The NBA is a marketing machine and I am certain they are well aware of the poll results on ESPN

But in any event it is called catharsis. People want to have the ability to speak out in whatever manner that they can. Why be such a killjoy?

Your right I have no idea if this online petition that anyone can create 10,20,50,100 etc.... accounts and go sign up for matters. :roll:

Chris if you in the slightest way think this in anyway shape or form has the ability to make a difference and get the NBA to reverse their decision then you are just being plain delusional.

But like I said if it makes you all feel better then more power to you.

You call it killjoy. I call it being a realist.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
I did notice whoever wrote the petition talks about "everything that transpired in Game 5." We haven't even played Game 5 yet.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW THEN DON'T SIGN THE DAMN THING!!

We all fully understand you think it's pointless so just keep it to yourself.

Dont worry I wont. Theres the second set of orders youve given me tonight.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your right I have no idea if this online petition that anyone can creat 10,20,50,100 etc.... accounts and go sign up for matters. :roll:

Chris if you in the slightest way think this in anyway shape or form has the ability to make a difference and get the NBA to reverse their decision then you are just being plain delusional.

But like I said if it makes you all feel better than more power to you.

You call it killjoy. I call it being a realist.

Did you read the petition? My guess is no. Why would you when you are so certain you are right and have to flaunt it. It basically says "We know that it is too late to effect the suspensions but we sign this in hopes that something like this will not happen again."

You are being a prick, whether you realize it or not.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you read the petition? My guess is no. Why would you when you are so certain you are right and have to flaunt it. It basically says "We know that it is too late to effect the suspensions but we sign this in hopes that something like this will not happen again."

You are being a prick, whether you realize it or not.

Ok ok I keed. Maybe something like this wont ever happen again due to you all signing this. Im sorry!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are being a troll. Stop.

I was ordered to keep things to myself and not to express my opinion by him? Then swore at to boot? Then I respond and am called a troll. Interesting.

Just because my views dont match yours Chris dont look at things with blinders on.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was ordered to keep things to myself and not to express my opinion by him? Then swore at to boot? Then I respond and am called a troll. Interesting.

Just because my views dont match yours Chris dont look at things with blinders on.

Let people vent in whatever manner they want. Move on. Be the bigger man. What can you possibly gain by irritating a bunch of pissed off people, especially in the manner you have?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
....so I sent them feedback so it can be changed.

I also signed the petition gladly.
Now I expect you will give me a thumbs down (which I will take as a compliment).

No I give kudos to people for signing it if it make sthem feel better :thumbup:

OP
OP
Maximus

Maximus

Reaction score
For somebody who feels so adamantly against the petition, you are helping the cause a lot by keeping this thread bumped to where people see it.

Or I guess we could just peg it and outsource your job to technology. ;) Obsolescence bites...

Maximus

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
On a lighter mood, other signatures I thought were funny:

1271. Robert Horry Bring on Utah, I can take out Darren Williams to(sic)
1250. Bruce Bowne I am gay and can't keep my hands off of Steve Nash
1270. Anthony Posillico "Championship stolen by David Stern" Its going to be the tittle of my documentary.
1258. Tim Cry Baby Duncan I've never committed a foul

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
If you want to take a stand, vote with your wallets. Don't buy merchandise, don't buy League Pass, certainly don't go to games, don't buy any products advertised during games, and don't grace nba.com with site hits.

Is anyone going to do this? No. Instead, we are just pawns in the whole marketing game, drumming up publicity for the league by sharpening the contrast between Good and Evil. Stern is getting exactly what he wants, and we are too weak to stand up to him in a way that matters.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The only time I've seen an online petition work is when someone sent on eto this guy in my office telling him his breath stinks

Signed,

the entire office

edit: yes that man was me