Phoenix Suns players Marcus and Markieff Morris charged with counts of felony assault

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know you're just baiting now, but seriously Sarver didn't do squat besides provide the plane and go a long to understand the business of sports. This was at the transition period betwix Colangelo and Sarver. Remember the sale was contingent on Jerry staying on board for a few years to transition everything over to Sarver. Sarver was the new owner, but knew squat about being a sports owner. He was involved, but it was the Colangelo's running the show the first 2-3yrs of Sarvers ownership.

Were you in Germany when this was happening?

He won a WCF championship and the hearts of the entire state of AZ, which Sarver hasn't even come close to since taking full control of the franchise.

Again, take the first 5yrs out of Sarvers record and the last 5yrs from Colangelo. What's left for Sarver? Steve Kerr, Lance Banks and now Lon Babby. Oh yeah and D'Antoni. Remind us again how many GM's Sarver has gone through since the Colangelo's have left??? And the turnover this team has had in the last 5yrs??

Once Sarver started taking over the business side who was the first player to bolt??

Look at the end of the day sports is still a business and if you don't like the company or manager you work for, you're free to leave.
Players wanted to come here under Colangelo and would take less just to play for him. Colangelo got the arena built. Colangelo brought the Rattlers, Coyotes, Mercury and Dbacks and turned Phx into a sports mecha. There's a reason Colangelo is the Godfather of Phoenix sports. Was he perfect? No. But he did more for this sports market than anyone has or ever will. Colangelo did more for the sports scene in Phoenix than maybe any other single owner has ever done for any market.

In the last 5yrs Sarver has made one questionable call after another related to the state of this franchise. He's divided and alienated the fan base. Players have left because they didn't like him or how he ran the Suns. Sarver's first 3yrs of control were a train wreck in the FO. The last few he's stayed out of the light and is letting 'basketball' people make basketball decisions.

In the era of FA - oh yeah, who was the first ever FA to sign and where did he sign? - teams can turn their fortunes around fast. Even if a team might overpay for a top tier FA. The only way a team can't succeed in FA is if players don't want to play there.

And don't bother comparing Sarvers tenure to Colangelo's. It doesn't happen anymore. Rarely will one person in Colangelo's postion serve with one franchise for 35+ years ever again. Sarver won't own the Suns in another 25yrs. I guarantee you that.
You must be registered for see images attach

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah what about Loepz?

Seems like the Suns wished they never let him go since Lopez joined the Blazers and also outplayed Gortat since.

The Suns did not let Lopez go.

Months before his contract expired Lopez simply refused to even listen to their offer.

I honestly don't see what more the Suns could do to convince him to stay when he already made his decision to leave, even before starting the negotiatons.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I cannot believe that anyone would argue that Sarver is a better owner than Jerry was. This is right up there with Magic not being a point guard.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am becoming convinced that the Suns need to separate the twins. Keep Markieff, get rid of Marcus.

They like to feed each other the ball, but I also think they feed each other's anger and stupidity.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I am becoming convinced that the Suns need to separate the twins. Keep Markieff, get rid of Marcus.

They like to feed each other the ball, but I also think they feed each other's anger and stupidity.
As weak as Markieff has been controlling his emotions, and its consequences, could we expect him to handle separation anxiety from his twin (on the team, living together, pooling their income, etc.) as a mature adult?

His behavior this year indicates a resounding 'no'.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree. The Suns never should have brought them together, but now that they have and, most importantly, signed them to a pseudo combined extension, we can't dump one and keep the other.

I think Markieff would harbor some serious resentment if we shipped his lousy brother out. He shown no sign of being emotionally mature enough to view it as a business decision by the team.

We will have to dump them as a duo.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree. The Suns never should have brought them together, but now that they have and, most importantly, signed them to a pseudo combined extension, we can't dump one and keep the other.

I think Markieff would harbor some serious resentment if we shipped his lousy brother out. He shown no sign of being emotionally mature enough to view it as a business decision by the team.

Two words to Markieff. Grow up. Coddle them and you get more of the same. Let him cry, pout, complain etc. He will get over it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Exactly.

Also to be considered even if Marcus were out of the NBA the two twins would likely still live together. So the attitude problems might still be a problem.

What we need for them is wives that are not twins. :)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two words to Markieff. Grow up. Coddle them and you get more of the same. Let him cry, pout, complain etc. He will get over it.

But is Markieff good enough to tolerate a worsening side show? He and his brother already scream at the coaching staff, get Ts and blast the fans... and thats with them having just been given juicy extensions. I'm not saying he is right to moan about it, IMO he does not have a leg to stand on. But the guy has already demonstrated an ability to be a pain in the ass, I think he would go full cancer if the team shipped his worthless brother out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But is Markieff good enough to tolerate a worsening side show? He and his brother already scream at the coaching staff, get Ts and blast the fans... and thats with them having just been given juicy extensions. I'm not saying he is right to moan about it, IMO he does not have a leg to stand on. But the guy has already demonstrated an ability to be a pain in the ass, I think he would go full cancer if the team shipped his worthless brother out.

agreed. don't just cut out a small part of the cancer and let the rest fester. cut it all out... period.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We can't just trade the Morris twins, they don't have positive trade value.

We're likely gonna have to attach at least one of the Heat picks to dump them. But quite frankly, I think it's worth it.

Think about it, do you want players like Warren, Goodwin, Len and whoever we get in the draft this season to be around players like the Morris twins?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can't just trade the Morris twins, they don't have positive trade value.

We're likely gonna have to attach at least one of the Heat picks to dump them. But quite frankly, I think it's worth it.

Think about it, do you want players like Warren, Goodwin, Len and whoever we get in the draft this season to be around players like the Morris twins?

I think it is better to let the situation play out in the legal system.

Unless the situation gets intolerable, I think the Suns would be better off keeping the twins while waiting for a better opportunity to trade them rather than cough up a first round pick(s). I do think Markieff alone his worth the twins combined salaries.

If the Suns do trade the twins, they might be better to include them in a larger trade with the hope they get something useable in return while another team unloads some dead weight. Let the other team cut Marcus.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Many of us don't think Markieff (or Marcus) will, based on the various episodes we've witnessed from them.

It affects the Front Office (if they are on the ball). It affects the coaches. It affects the rest of the players. It affects the Press. And it affects the fans.

As you said, coddling them will lead to more of the same. Isn't that what letting them cry, pout, complain, etc., is? Coddling them?

As long as they are on the roster, there will be no cohesion. Them passing the ball only to each other is just a small part of the problem.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The Suns are a young, disorganized team starved for talent. If they don't want the Morrises, what makes anyone think that anyone else will? "Gosh, I'm starving -- uh, here, want this soup that I just bought?

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think it is better to let the situation play out in the legal system.

Unless the situation gets intolerable, I think the Suns would be better off keeping the twins while waiting for a better opportunity to trade them rather than cough up a first round pick(s). I do think Markieff alone his worth the twins combined salaries.

If the Suns do trade the twins, they might be better to include them in a larger trade with the hope they get something useable in return while another team unloads some dead weight. Let the other team cut Marcus.

I'm not saying to trade them because I think they'll be locked up or something. I know that they'll get away with whatever they did, their millionaires especially on charges like these.

As for your last part, Spencer Hawes could be an interesting candidate. He has not worked out in LAC and their not even playing him in the playoffs anymore. He could improve our 3pt shooting if he somehow fits here.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah what about Loepz?

Seems like the Suns wished they never let him go since Lopez joined the Blazers and also outplayed Gortat since.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2014/11/robin_lopez_trail_blazers.html

Everything I said about Lopez turned out to be true (that he is no worse than Gortat) that is a fact.

It's hilarious you want to bring this up against me, I can't stop laughing, honestly.
Lmao, I'm laughing even harder than you at all this

Gortat is averaging 12 pts, and 9 rebounds on 56% shooting for Washington while helping his team destroy their 1st round opponent in the playoffs.

Meanwhile Lopez averaged 9 pts and 7 rebounds on 53% shooting for Portland who is getting wrecked by their 1st round opponent in the playoffs.

Speaking of playoffs lets compare their playoff numbers since "Lopez has outplayed him ever since".

Marcin Gortat in the playoffs: 16 pts, 10 rebounds on 70% shooting.

Robin Lopez in the playoffs: 5 pts, 5 rebounds on 60% shooting :biglaugh:

Oh and we all know your most favorite stat in the world is PER so I'll provide that as well Gortat with 18.28 PER for the season while Lopez with 16 PER for the season.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Saw this on realgm and I have lost even more respect (if that's even possible) for the Morris idiots

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2...s-have-very-few-options-with-the-morris-twins

"They think the officials are against them," Coro continued. "They think the schedule is against them, they think the league is against them. It's those sort of things that they need to grow out of. They've been in the league four years, long enough to know.

As defined by wikipedia, paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself (e.g. "Everyone is out to get me").

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This article just confirms what I thought. They feed each others thinking and stupidity. They need to be split up for their own good and development.

To me, THAT is the best response to this situation.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As for your last part, Spencer Hawes could be an interesting candidate. He has not worked out in LAC and their not even playing him in the playoffs anymore. He could improve our 3pt shooting if he somehow fits here.

I was really pushing hard for the Suns to go after Spencer Hawes until I found out about his choice of toilet paper. ;)

IMO, he would have been a perfect fit for the Suns. He would have been an improved version of Channing Frye.