Pistons at Suns 12-12-14

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pistons play at the Suns tonight with a reported 7 p.m. Arizona start time. Although the Pistons have lost 13 consecutive games, the Suns have proven they cannot take any game likely. Isaiah Thomas is listed as probable. See more in the Paul Coro article dated 12-12-14 at azcentral.

* Officially, Suns point guard Isaiah Thomas is probable to make his return to game action tonight for Suns-Pistons. Unofficially, he is playing.

The main concern was whether Thomas would have any ill effect coming off of Thursday's practice, his first full one since suffering the right ankle bruise on Nov. 24 at Toronto.

"He practiced yesterday and shot around today so I think we're all assuming that he'll probably play," Hornacek said. "He wasn't in for treatment or anything early. He probably got his normal stuff but nothing early so that's kind of a sign that he's ready to go."

PISTONS (3-19) at SUNS (12-11) … 7 p.m. tip-off (Phoenix time)

C: Andre Drummond… Miles Plumlee

PF: Josh Smith … Markieff Morris

SF: Kyle Singler… P.J. Tucker

SG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope … Goran Dragic

PG: Brandon Jennings … Eric Bledsoe

Key Pistons reserves: Greg Monroe, Jodie Meeks, Caron Butler, D.J. Augustin, Spencer Dinwiddie, Jonas Jerebko, Cartier Martin.

Key Pistons injuries: None.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...-preview-suns-pistons-orange-slices/20314519/

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
geez, Detroit has 13 games in a row. I'm concerned about losing this game tonight.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
With Dragic's and Bledsoe's minutes up lately, Horny said he'll be glad to have IT back to cover those minutes off the bench. I guess that officially means we have had a 2- and not 3-Point Guard plan . . . until now . . . again. We'll see.

Yes, it would have been a good opportunity to give those minutes to develop Ennis.

If we are playing to win now, someone needs to remind Jeff that Point Guards are not the only position that matters.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Dragic's and Bledsoe's minutes up lately, Horny said he'll be glad to have IT back to cover those minutes off the bench. I guess that officially means we have had a 2- and not 3-Point Guard plan . . . until now . . . again. We'll see.

Yes, it would have been a good opportunity to give those minutes to develop Ennis.

If we are playing to win now, someone needs to remind Jeff that Point Guards are not the only position that matters.

I think the Suns primary problems are a lack of team defense and rebounding. Since the Suns have not shown the ability to accomplish either, IT may help offensively which may be the Suns best chance of winning.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Suns primary problems are a lack of team defense and rebounding. Since the Suns have not shown the ability to accomplish either, IT may help offensively which may be the Suns best chance of winning.

I was going through the recaps of all our games and noticed something amazing. In all of our losses it turns out we were outscored???:) IT might not improve our defense or rebounding but scoring is something he does well. Also, Bledsoe simply can't play his game at the kind of minutes he's logging. Two point guard offense, three point guard offense, I don't care. I think he makes us better but if it turns out that Dragic completely disappears again once Thomas comes back, then the front office will have their hands full deciding what to do next.

Steve

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going through the recaps of all our games and noticed something amazing. In all of our losses it turns out we were outscored???:) IT might not improve our defense or rebounding but scoring is something he does well. Also, Bledsoe simply can't play his game at the kind of minutes he's logging. Two point guard offense, three point guard offense, I don't care. I think he makes us better but if it turns out that Dragic completely disappears again once Thomas comes back, then the front office will have their hands full deciding what to do next.

Steve

So we are in agreement. If the Suns can't rebound or play defense, IT will improve the offense.

Actually I am saddened Hornacek has not been able to get more from the team than focus on offense. If the Suns do not make any moves to improve the team, I hope Hornacek plays and develops the young players. This would give me something to get excited about.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So we are in agreement. If the Suns can't rebound or play defense, IT will improve the offense.

Actually I am saddened Hornacek has not been able to get more from the team than focus on offense. If the Suns do not make any moves to improve the team, I hope Hornacek plays and develops the young players. This would give me something to get excited about.

Just getting everyone to play closer to their level would thrill me. Dragic and Bledsoe have both shown signs of playing to form, if Thomas can fit in and do the same thing I think we'll see a much stronger Suns team from here on out. Especially once we move Len into the starting lineup.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love the effort right out of the gate by Goran.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now I'm not too impressed with the effort. A lot of standing around on defense.

Steve

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are really going to Plumlee a lot.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plumlee is on pace to shoot 58 times if he plays 36 minutes. This could very well be his first ever 50 point game. Book it. And then wake up.

Steve

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plumlee is on pace to shoot 58 times if he plays 36 minutes. This could very well be his first ever 50 point game. Book it. And then wake up.

Steve

The Suns must see a weakness they can exploit with Plumlee running the court.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns must see a weakness they can exploit with Plumlee running the court.

Well, given their huge size advantage this is definitely the team to push it against. It will pay dividends later.

Steve

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it when Goran plays aggressive.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drummond beating the Suns like a drum. Now I sound like Albert. :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drummond beating the Suns like a drum. Now I sound like Albert. :)

We're up by 6. I don't mean being the drum if we can keep this up. I'd be just fine with Drummond grabbing 25 boards in a Detroit loss.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I was coaching this team, I'd pass a new rule. Absolutely no behind the back passes, for anyone, ever. We suck at it, across the board.

Steve

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're up by 6. I don't mean being the drum if we can keep this up. I'd be just fine with Drummond grabbing 25 boards in a Detroit loss.

Steve

It now looks like the Suns are giving out free ones.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a horrible ending to the quarter. And despite Eddie's comments, it wasn't giving up boards that did it. It was the stupid turnovers. We were surviving the offensive boards just fine until we started throwing the ball away. It only takes one or two stupid passes to change the flow of a game.

Steve

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I was coaching this team, I'd pass a new rule. Absolutely no behind the back passes, for anyone, ever. We suck at it, across the board.

Steve

Maybe tell the Suns to quit making bad passes would be a huge step forward.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the Suns were play well they were beating teams with their bench. Maybe with IT, they will get back to that.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why does Steve Albert tell the Isaiah Thomas naming story every single game Thomas plays in? Does he really think he has a completely different audience every night?

Steve

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Albert so happy the ball hit a kid in the head. Funny... not.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No defense, no rebounding and turnovers for all. I'm beginning to question the coaching.