Post Packers Overreaction Thread 2024

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Name the people who say this?
Here’s another. Unless you think top 10 players at their positions are “replacement level”

CONNER Froholdt, and Hernandez are replacement level players.

Johnson is young and it's his first year at LT. He's doing decent but not much above average.

MHJ is a rookie playing his 4th game

Mcbride is above average at his position but obviously not out there today

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m genuinely curious what has the defense averaged in PPG/Yards within the past 10 years

No way it hasn’t been bottom 12 in the league.
I think maybe 2021 squeaked into the top 20 after their strong 7-0 start. And 2015 definitely was. But that’s probably about it.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think the Packers are making the Superbowl this year so I did expect to lose this, I did not expect us to completely meltdown with the 3 straight fumbles to end the game. Luckily I switched games after the 1st of those fumbles.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Wr's can't get open fast enough for a quick hitting short drop passing attack to work, Murray and receivers(Marv) not on the same page.
I believe it’s also a rhythm thing with Kyler. You watch Danny Dimes right now and he’s dropping back and firing it.

You never see that kind of play from Kyler.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
I believe it’s also a rhythm thing with Kyler. You watch Danny Dimes right now and he’s dropping back and firing it.

Slayton is better than any wr on our roster.

He has speed

Jones would be a disaster on this roster at QB

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sure but my point was in 2021 he was in the top 10 at it, now he's 30th. I don't think Kyler has regressed that badly, I just think we had guys who got open quickly in 2021.

I keep saying it I think the short drops are because they don't think we can pass protect but it puts Kyler closer to the LOS which at his height is a disadvantage, and it requires the WR's to get open.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Absolutely. Kyler appears to play with his hair on fire.
I watched Caleb Williams throw tds today like it was practice. He appeared calm and scanned the field. He was also sacked a couple of times in the first couple of drives.
Watch Kyler in practice and he’s lights out. However in a game it’s almost like the Wr is coming out of a tunnel and the throw has to be anticipated.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Man I don’t know about that statement.
It’d probably be close.

Buffalo
Miami (over Braxton Berrios)
New England
NY Jets (over Lazard)
Baltimore (over Agolor LOLOLOL)
Cincy (over Iosavas)
Pittsburgh
Indy
Tennessee

Denver
KC
LA Chargers
Washington
Atlanta
New Orleans
Arizona

Bolded teams he’d start in 2WR sets.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
Absolutely. Kyler appears to play with his hair on fire.
I watched Caleb Williams throw tds today like it was practice. He appeared calm and scanned the field. He was also sacked a couple of times in the first couple of drives.
Watch Kyler in practice and he’s lights out. However in a game it’s almost like the Wr is coming out of a tunnel and the throw has to be anticipated.
Please give me Allen, Moore, Odunze, Swift, and Cmet on this team with that oline.

It’s also the freaking Jags

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
He objectively is a top 10 running back right now.
He's 7th in the league in rushing yards.
He has the 2nd most broken tackles in the league, only behind Derrick Henry.
Conner is 3rd in the league in yards after contact.
Conner is 2nd in the league in rushes that go at least 10 yards
Conner is 7th in the league in rushes that go at least 20 yards.

We will see if he can sustain it, he did get injured today, but right now he is producing like a top 10 running back. If you're not impressed with Conner go watch some other teams play, the position group is a wasteland, especially with guys like Bijan and Breece Hall performing poorly.

Also, Conner was the 6th best running back in the league in 2023 in terms of yards, lead the league in rushes that go at least 20 yards and had the 3rd most broken tackles. Last year he proved he is definitely capable of sustaining top 10 play.
He is 22nd in YPA.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please give me Allen, Moore, Odunze, Swift, and Cmet on this team with that oline.

It’s also the freaking Jags
He’s a rookie in his 6th game and is showing poise in the pocket , under pressure, reading his options and delivering the ball on time from the pocket.
Everytime we lose it is brought up that Kyler needs to run more. He needs to utilize his legs. Why? Most of Kyler’s success has come from broken plays. He’s just not as good from the pocket which reduces his efficiency.

Let me add, I’m not laying todays lost at Kyler’s feet. When you commit Three turnovers and 11(?) penalties you are probably going to lose. But it doesn’t change my opinion on Kyler’s limitations.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s a rookie in his 6th game and is showing poise in the pocket , under pressure, reading his options and delivering the ball on time from the pocket.
Everytime we lose it is brought up that Kyler needs to run more. He needs to utilize his legs. Why? Most of Kyler’s success has come from broken plays. He’s just not as good from the pocket which reduces his efficiency.

I believe Kyler is fantastic in the pocket when he has time and sets and throws. That belief is backed by the stats.

Where he sucks is when he scrambles out and tries to throw. Designed rollouts are also fantastic

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score

Let me add, I’m not laying todays lost at Kyler’s feet. When you commit Three turnovers and 11(?) penalties you are probably going to lose. But it doesn’t change my opinion on Kyler’s limitations.
You give k1 a line and time and he is one of the best in the league in the pocket.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He is 22nd in YPA.

I'm not the biggest fan of that stat, especially early in the season. It tends to be dominated by low volume rushers on a time share. I don't see the most efficient guys as being the best if they don't have the yards to back it up. Those guy's efficiency usually tanks whenever their workload is forced to increase.

Conner's YPA last year was 5.0, which was tied for 6th best of any running back. Right now he's sitting at 4.6, so it is down. Considering the rushing defenses we face late in our schedule soften up I think Conner's ypa will climb back up to top 10 range before the end of the season. We will see how he finishes. Again, he was firm top 10 in pretty much everything last year, and this year so far he's still top 10 in the main production stats.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Where he sucks is when he scrambles out and tries to throw.
I'm not sure I agree 100% and I'd need to see the stats to back that up. Many of his best throws ever were on the run. The Hail Murray and the big pass to Marv against LA a few weeks ago instantly come to mind.

What I do see both with my eyes and statistically is that his deep ball is gone right now, and IDK why. He's not even trying to throw deep, and the 1-2 times a game he does it's an overthrow like the one today.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I agree 100% and I'd need to see the stats to back that up. Many of his best throws ever were on the run. The Hail Murray and the big pass to Marv against LA a few weeks ago instantly come to mind.

What I do see both with my eyes and statistically is that his deep ball is gone right now, and IDK why. He's not even trying to throw deep, and the 1-2 times a game he does it's an overthrow like the one today.

He's the most accurate QB in the league in the pocket with over 3 seconds to throw