Ric Bucher: Amare wants max, Suns say no

cly2tw

Reaction score
I love the nash haters, and I l'll love them even more when we have some crap ass player like barbosa running the point for us.

Sorry, Barbosa would be gone with Nash, or soon after. We'll let Dragic mature into a good PG, instead of some decoy in the corner for Nash.:p

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It will be funny to see how bad Amare actually is when he doesn't have Nash spoon feeding him his points! As much flak as Nash gets on this board he still is the BEST player on the team no question. If Amare had a tenth of Nashs' heart he could be great, but he lacks heart and hustle to ever be one of the greats!

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It will be funny to see how bad Amare actually is when he doesn't have Nash spoon feeding him his points! As much flak as Nash gets on this board he still is the BEST player on the team no question. If Amare had a tenth of Nashs' heart he could be great, but he lacks heart and hustle to ever be one of the greats!

Nah, I bet his FG% will go down but still be over 50%. He would probably be taking more shots unless the team is dumb like the Suns, so I would expect him to be scoring somewhere from 22-27 depending upon the team he is on. He will still suck at rebounding and defense.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Amare had a tenth of Nashs' heart he could be great, but he lacks heart and hustle to ever be one of the greats!

You speak the truth. Amare is not a leader nor a player for the Suns to build around. If only Amare acted like a team leader on the court rather than talk-the-talk in the locker room. Nash is the team leader based upon what he does on the court. That said, no one on the Suns is untouchable for value in return, even Nash. Sadly the Suns are on the way down. If Nash wanted to leave, I would do everything I could to accomodate him going to a better situation.

SteveJoke

Reaction score
Nash is always a bad defender, and now he is aging and can guard NOBODY in NBA, I'm tired to see Amare helping him defending the opponent PG. Neverthless, Nash like to play without the physical touch, he's good for a manager to sell the tickets, and he just play for the fun instead of win. Nash can't be compatible with any slow center, such as shaq and big Ben.

You speak the truth. Amare is not a leader nor a player for the Suns to build around. If only Amare acted like a team leader on the court rather than talk-the-talk in the locker room. Nash is the team leader based upon what he does on the court. That said, no one on the Suns is untouchable for value in return, even Nash. Sadly the Suns are on the way down. If Nash wanted to leave, I would do everything I could to accomodate him going to a better situation.

SteveJoke

Reaction score
For now, I don't think there is any manager who want to get Nash, a zero-defence and zero-physical man.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
I would imagine NYK would take on Nash....

Milicic/Duhon/Protected #1 for Nash is a deal I'd be all over. Would NY? If they stand pat, they have $64 million coming off the books this summer (not considering who they may re-sign). That would put them $34 million under the cap. They would be left with Galinari, Hill, Chandler, Douglas and Jeffries and $34 million with a high draft pick.

Would they be able to get Lebron with that roster?

If we sent Nash for Jeffries/Milicic/P#1, they would still have $27 million with their high pick with Nash-FA/Draft-Gallinari-Hill-FA/Draft and Douglas and Chandler on the bench. Wouldn't that be more attractive to FAs?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
For now, I don't think there is any manager who want to get Nash, a zero-defence and zero-physical man.

Great, now we're subjected to trolls who can't even speak English. How much lower can this franchise go?

SteveJoke

Reaction score
Ya..., I just learn English for a few days.
Nash plays NO defence, and he can never play tough, either in offence side or defence side.
Suns can only play for fun with this guy, Nash is completely a loser.

Great, now we're subjected to trolls who can't even speak English. How much lower can this franchise go?

Last edited:

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
Nash plays NO defence, and he can never play tough, either in offence side or defence side.

Oh yeah I TOTALLY agree with you that "Nash never plays tough." he never tries to take charges, and he is too scared to try and penetrate the paint.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
It will be funny to see how bad Amare actually is when he doesn't have Nash spoon feeding him his points.

That will probably be his downfall. I heard a radio interview the other day (can't remember who is was) that said most of the league executives see it that way. He can only do 1 thing: pick n roll (and the occasional jumper.)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That will probably be his downfall. I heard a radio interview the other day (can't remember who is was) that said most of the league executives see it that way. He can only do 1 thing: pick n roll (and the occasional jumper.)

Look, Amare has a lot of faults. But "occasional jumper" is selling him short. He is quite possibly the best shooting big man in the game right now. That doesn't make up for his defensive futility, but give the man credit where credit is due for god's sake!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look, Amare has a lot of faults. But "occasional jumper" is selling him short. He is quite possibly the best shooting big man in the game right now. That doesn't make up for his defensive futility, but give the man credit where credit is due for god's sake!

Interesting. Does Dirk count as a big?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Interesting. Does Dirk count as a big?

Oh come on man, you know what he meant. I am sure you can find a few bigs who can shoot better (Galinari, Dirk, Channing Fry, etc) but the point is that Amare has an outstanding jumper for a big guy. "Occasional jumper" is simply not a fair statement.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Oh come on man, you know what he meant. I am sure you can find a few bigs who can shoot better (Galinari, Dirk, Channing Fry, etc) but the point is that Amare has an outstanding jumper for a big guy. "Occasional jumper" is simply not a fair statement.

Agreed, ala Chris Webber, another former super athlete felled by injuries, his jump shot is the strongest part of his game. Unfortunately, like Webber, every other aspect of his game is suffering as well.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score

I can't say I wholly agree. Amare's J's are (seemingly) always uncontested and face up, whereas Dirk's are more varied and with a defender (or two) in his grill. Don't get me wrong, Amare certainly earns any credit for improving his shot since he came into the league and he is money when he's out on his own, but Dirk is a pure shooter who nails his shots with a lot more pressure on him....

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
if amare goes else where without nash, he might be a david west clone, maybe even less? that's saying something.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Dirk is a small forward (or even a shooting guard) in a tall body. He's not a power forward. Amare, for all his faults is MUCH stronger than Dirk is and a more prototypical power forward.

Dirk is a great player, but he's not close to being as much a power player as Amare is. Just because someone starts at PF doesn't make them a PF.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05