Sad news about our Pat Tillman

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suddenly...(tears in my eyes)

the draft seems alot less important. I never knew the man but respect what he did out of love for his country & family. ...And I trust that Jesus was waiting to meet him w/open arms on the other side. To lay down your life for your friends (...And total strangers like me) IS love.

freebyrd

Reaction score
the politics of the war on terror aside, pat was one hell of a man an inspiration, god bless you dude
freebyrd

MrY

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just heard on the radio....very sad indeed

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
:(

Pat Tillman is truly a hero in every the sense of the word. This is the kind of man I want my son to grow to be.

Indeed.

I just read the NFL is planning a 1 pm EST press conference.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
schutd said:
Awful news. Its not supposed to end up this way.

But lets not use Pat's death as a political tool, or martyr him for whatever your political views may be. Thats tasteless.

Pat made a decision to fight for his country, and paid the ultimate price. That should be the only issue here.

Amen Schutd! Let's keep his football prowess or lack there of out of it and that one reference to Simeon Rice the only one here please!

jolt

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pat understood the risks of his decision and he willingly accepted them.

He did what his conscience demanded of him and therefore I have no doubt that if there is an afterlife, he is being rewarded in it. We can't really ask much more of this life than to do what we feel is right no matter what the consequences.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
blindseyed said:
I was fortunate enough to meet and talk to him. He even had one of my bands CD's that he was going to play before games. This guy was one selfless man. I say MAN unlike Simeon who should be shunned for his comments about Tilly, I don't see him defending anything.

Pray for his family.

I wonder what simeon would say, something nice, or something that would make us beat his... :hulk: :hulk: :hulk: :hulk:

I bet there is a nice memorial at the start of the draft tomorrow...and a moment of silence.

I can't believe this happened, I was just thinking a little while ago that he signed up like early 2002 so he'd be getting out soon. (Less than a yr left)

He served in Iraq and Afghanistan and now......

Didn't he get married right before he left or signed up? Man, my prayers go out to her.

and now my prayers go out to my friend James in Iraq. Make it home buddy.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
My fiancee cried when I called her and let her know what happened to her favorite player. And to tell you guys and girls the truth, I cried too. What a man Tillman is to walk away and defend all of us. You will be miss Tilly...

OP
OP
joeshmo

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
This idea came from another board but is a great diea none the less.

"I think the NFL should name an award after him. Maybe a leadership award or an award to a player that shows a lot of heart."

This would be a great way for the NFL to honor him.

And if the NFL doesnt do it, the Cards need to make a team award in his honor.

I wonder what they will do at the beginning of the Draft tommorow.

BIGDADDY_REDBIRD

Registered
Reaction score
This is Truly said. I don't know about retiring his jersey, But certainly he should be honored by a bronze statue of his likeness outside of the new stadium & placed in the ring of honor.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
I will grieve his loss.

A personal hero of mine; someone I often talked about as a role-model.

Rest in peace, Pat.

My prayers and condolences for the family.

Yes, please retire his jersey; let it be the first one hung in the new stadium.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is shocking. I am left without words. He was someone who saw a greater vision than just making money. Truely an example of sacrifice for what he truely believed.

May God Bless Pat Tillman. We mourn his familly's loss.

OP
OP
joeshmo

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
My fiancee cried when I called her and let her know what happened to her favorite player. And to tell you guys and girls the truth, I cried too. What a man Tillman is to walk away and defend all of us. You will be miss Tilly...

I am with you. There are a few tissues laying on the ground around my computer right now.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BIGDADDY_REDBIRD said:
This is Truly said. I don't know about retiring his jersey, But certainly he should be honored by a bronze statue of his likeness outside of the new stadium & placed in the ring of honor.

Tillman Field.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
This idea came from another board but is a great diea none the less.

"I think the NFL should name an award after him. Maybe a leadership award or an award to a player that shows a lot of heart."

This would be a great way for the NFL to honor him.

And if the NFL doesnt do it, the Cards need to make a team award in his honor.

I wonder what they will do at the beginning of the Draft tommorow.

I like this idea, as well as placing him in the Ring of Honor. I don't think that the NFL should retire jersey numbers anymore. Besides, if they do, it should only for on-field performance.

If nothing else, the Cards should name a special leadership award in his honor, as well as do something for him at the new stadium.

Borderrat

Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks To Pat Tillman

Pat Tillman is a true hero, a throwback to when guys like Ted Williams, Niles Kinnick and numerous other athletes put duty to their country first. As a father I often point out to my 9 year old son the sacrafices the military makes for us on a daily basis. Pat Tillman was a great example.

Years ago I had the pleasure of meeting Pat Tillman at one of the Cardinals Fanfest and showing him around our Blackhawk helicopter. Great guy.

GOD BLESS THE TILLMAN FAMILY AND THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Bobcat

Reaction score
TRW said:
If true, sad news indeed.

Rest in peace Pat. And, thank you for your selfless courage and living your convictions instead of just talking.

:(

Great post my feelings are the same for Pat and his Family...!!!

Maybe the Cardinals should Retire his Number 40...! That would be a fitting thing to do.

Allan :confused: :(

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
RIP to a Real American Hero. How about the errie coincidence that some draft boards have the Cards taking KWinslow Jr. (and his little soldier rant) at #3?

I can see the Cards adding a black number patch on this season's jerseys and putting his name in the ring of honor.

A-Bomb

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Teared up hearing this on the news. Man, what a great American hero. I hope to see a patch on the uniforms this year in honor of him.