Sad news about our Pat Tillman

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
scot182 said:
just try to remember there are other people like myself and my wife that have gone or going to the same places, and others have not come back too. god bless pat and all my other brothers and sisters in the armed forces
you are right.

it really sinks home when someone you know or recognize are sent over there.

may God always be at your side and with our Servicemen and Women.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm at work and can't see what's going on on tv. I don't know what will still be around at night.

I'm thirsting for information. I thought there was going to be a press conference by the NFL at 1 EST today. Did that ever happen? Has there been any sort of press conference from the Cardinal's team?

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
:(

I'm going to write something about this for our paper. I will need the reaction of a fan or two, so if you want, you can email me a quote to use. I need your full name, age and where you live... and any other important info you might think of.

[email protected]

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WaywardFan said:
I'm at work and can't see what's going on on tv. I don't know what will still be around at night.

I'm thirsting for information. I thought there was going to be a press conference by the NFL at 1 EST today. Did that ever happen? Has there been any sort of press conference from the Cardinal's team?

So far there has not been any press conference. I am working out of my home today and have the tv on waiting.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Busy day at work today. I was just informed of the news by a coworker who knows me as a Cardinal fan.

I can not begin to describe my greif over hearing this news, or image that of his family.

While never the best player on the field, a better man I've never seen.

Go Cards!!!

(Posted on another link as it was the first I saw when I logged in today)

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pat Tillman

No greater love has the "man" who lays down his life for his friend(s) and family. Rest in peace, Pat, and God Bless. Don Short

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just found out an our ago from a friend who knew I liked the Cards.

I am absolutely heartbroken!

Pat Tillman was a great, honorable man. He gave his life for us, for our country and for our freedom.

This news is just shocking. Wow.

May he rest in peace and prayers to his friends and family.

"So small and yet still so proud
At night before he dreams he looks into the clouds
A high-flyer is what I want to be
Seems they won't let me
Says I'm too small
I don’t feel small at all

Break my dreams
That’s what they’ll do
Well I’m gonna run away
And learn to fly like you
I'm gonna go so high
And swoop so low
You can't bring me down
I'm gonna be so proud!

Little angel, you've got to learn to fly
Get up and earn your wings tonight
Little angel, just look in my eyes
Get up and earn your wings tonight
" - "Broken Angel" - H

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a sad day.

We've lost a true American.

Pat leaves us with nothing but good memories and a deeper sense of pride in our country.

RIP #40.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They held the press conference. MIchael Bidwill and Pete Kendall. They said some other players would be talking but the news cut away before they came up. I've found that the Fox News Network has had the most info. Couldn't find anything on ESPN or ESPN2 other than on the bottom line.

Talked about how they weren't surprised too much that Pat went to the Army. Michael said Pat was dedicated to his country and freedom. Saw him at the Seattle game. Pat was asking about the guys and not focusing on himself. Asked if he could leave out a side door so he didn't have to see the media. A lot of other nice stuff I can't remember.

I just can't stop crying about this. I, too, always thought he'd be fine and come back and play. It just seems like some bad dream. This is my 1,000th post and I wish to God it was about anything else but Pat's death. I still can't believe it. Terrible, terrible, terrible.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is the Human Being that we all strive to be.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Terrible news, can not yet fully believe it happend.

My prayers go out to his family. He was a truly unique person that we will all miss.

Avondale_Larry

Registered
Reaction score
It's a huge loss for all of us.

We in uniform accept the inherent risk required to do what we do. Pat eclipsed all that. He volunteered for an elite unit, then he consistently raised his hand to volunteer for the front line.

He's a hero.

If he's touched your life, promise yourself to never forget this day.

jerryp

Grey facemasks forever.
Reaction score
Rest well #40. You've earned it.

My best wishes to the Tillman family and the Cardinals organization.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Keep your misguided political comments to yourself Vikesfan. This is not the time to impose your political ideals on this situation. You offend Pat Tillmans memory with your comments.

Rest in peace Pat. You were a true American.

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Another comment

Sacramento State head coach and former Bengals WR coach Steve Mooshagian:

"It's a sad day, to lose a quality person like Pat, but he was doing
something he loved and will always be remembered for his love for our
country. Pat Tillman was a great player and even more then that a great person and true patriot. I had the opportunity to coach against him in 2000, he always played with passion for the game."

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So long Pat. Never again to see you cutting across the football field, knocking a pass down, stopping a run up the middle.

You did what was in your heart. You gave your life for our freedom. We can't repay you. We can only honor you. Thanks for the memories.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just got back from ASU. I park in lot 59 aka Sun Devil Stadium parking....

When I first saw SDS, shivers and goosebumps came over me. I couldn't stop from looking at SDS and thinking about Pat Tillman and his glory in that stadium for ASU and the Cards.

There's been talk about naming something in the new cards stadium, how 'bout also at SDS where he played for so long.

Who would have thought the most posted and viewed thread this weekend won't be for a guy coming to the cards, but someone who tragically, has left the cards. :(

Watching foxnews, they had James Brown on and he talked about how tillman had given up so much, and eli as been reported is threatening to sit out the year if he isn't drafted by the 'right' team. Pathetic. He said eli should have a change of heart.

They also showed a great clip of tillman with long hair and all when he was still with ASU and they had just won the game. All sweated up and screaming and hopping around in pure elation of winning the game, tillman screamed....we don't lose at home, we kicked the sh_t out of them....or something very close to that quote. It was a great clip. I wish I could have recorded it.

I feel sorry for his brother still there and having to spend the next year fighting w/o his brother, let alone come home and not being able to share memories with him for a lifetime.

God bless to all of Tillman's family, friends, fans...and to all of the men and women overseas right now and their family and friends. And to my friend James in Iraq.

As I write this now they just showed that classic Tillman on his schwinn picture w/o a shirt, duffle bag around his shoulder pulling up to I believe training camp '01.

I truly believed he was coming home, would return to the cards, and after his career do some real good for Arizona in some capacity, or maybe even more than that. We really lost a good one...no everyone did.

This news really makes me want to go that extra mile. I'm sure many of us already do, but I think everyone should go the extra mile on something. Whatever it is. Because if everyone in america went the extra mile just once, this country would be a lot better.

He saw the world thru clear eyes, and cut through the B.S. A man of conviction, a man of conscience. A rare breed, and a man who could think for himself.

R.I.P. Pat Tillman. Your memory will go on for a long, long, long time.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sorry I did not mean to offend anyone I am very very very upset right now.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Damn today sucks. RIP Pat you are an insperation to us all. To top this day off a bird **** on me today and I had a horrible fight with the wife, none of that means anything now.

:sad: