Sam Bradford A Cardinal

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bradford's contract is one-year $15 mil guaranteed with injury protection and a team option for a second year. Denver is tied to Keenum for two years at $36 mil. It's an expensive contract, but not one that's going to set the team back. And John Elway, your top executive, was the genius who lucked into Peyton Manning, but also brought Osweiler in twice and drafted Paxton Lynch and Trevor Siemien. Let's not pretend that he's some QB savant. How many games did he win last season?

That "whoever the Cardinals have" has constructed a roster that has the 5th most wins of any team since 2013.
He didn’t luck into Peyton Manning, he earned Peyton Manning by selling him on coming to Denver over other teams like Tennessee, Cleveland, ARIZONA (!), San Francisco etc.

You create your own luck.

And that’s great, but so far Keim is basically AJ Smith. And AJ Smith had many winning teams as well and yet was always nicknamed Lord of No Rings for a reason.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, the team can only do so much. It's my understanding that the team offered a whole pile of money (guaranteed) to Cousins, but he turned it down. What do you want us to do? If we would have signed him, then there are many on here that would have been against that signing. It is what it is now. I'm all in.

It's too bad that there are so many on here that want to blame people. Blame, blame, blame. It doesn't matter who we get. It makes it really hard to read these forums and be a fan.:(. So much negativism.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We'll see what happens this year. Wager the Cards end with a better record?

Than the Chargers? I’ll take that bet on the Chargers any day of the week.

What are terms? Avatar bet? Signature bet?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Sam Bradford is a very good QB. We will have a winning record this year & compete for the division title. Imo this was the best case scenario. Sign Bradford & a vet back up & draft the QBoF. We needed at least 3 QB's on the roster. We now have 2 of the 3. Darnold will be our 3rd. You guys can bitch all you want about this signing but it was a good signing imo. I'm pretty sure most of you would have bitched no matter who we signed. ;)

if it turns out to be Sam Darnold count me as thrilled with the off season.

But getting Sam is going to require serious investment and a set of balls... Keim has not shown he has enough of one to do the other.

all likelihood we end up with Mason Rudolph.... then a press conference in which he congratulates himself on how aggressive he was and how successful that aggression was..

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yeah the hate is strong right now. I saw at least 4-5 guys on ESPN and NFLN literally laughing at us about Bradford. The tweets from players. Many of the articles going around. The comments sections were particularly bad. Up/down ratio's on most of those comments were off the charts. Like 99 to 3 stuff like that.

Also on the reports on Glennon. Then more when we got both Bradford and Glennon.

Just about everyone's bagging on us. A few sane voices out there. The rest are dogpiling us.

I hope we use it as fuel.

maybe having all his peers laughing at him will motivate Keim to actually do something... because so far he has acted like a man afraid to fail and not like a man trying to be the best in the league

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yeah the hate is strong right now. I saw at least 4-5 guys on ESPN and NFLN literally laughing at us about Bradford. The tweets from players. Many of the articles going around. The comments sections were particularly bad. Up/down ratio's on most of those comments were off the charts. Like 99 to 3 stuff like that.

Also on the reports on Glennon. Then more when we got both Bradford and Glennon.

Just about everyone's bagging on us. A few sane voices out there. The rest are dogpiling us.

maybe having all his peers laughing at him will motivate Keim to actually do something... because so far he has acted like a man afraid to fail and not like a man trying to be the best in the league

Reaction score

He acted like a man with a plan & followed through with his plan.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Well, the team can only do so much. It's my understanding that the team offered a whole pile of money (guaranteed) to Cousins, but he turned it down. What do you want us to do? If we would have signed him, then there are many on here that would have been against that signing. It is what it is now. I'm all in.

It's too bad that there are so many on here that want to blame people. Blame, blame, blame. It doesn't matter who we get. It makes it really hard to read these forums and be a fan.:(. So much negativism.
Part of me wonders if the NFLPA put pressure on Cousins to accept the Minny deal over AZ to set the precedent for fully guaranteed contract. OTOH, Cousins was smart to take the deal, because he gets to be a big $$ FA again at the age of 32.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Part of me wonders if the NFLPA put pressure on Cousins to accept the Minny deal over AZ to set the precedent for fully guaranteed contract. OTOH, Cousins was smart to take the deal, because he gets to be a big $$ FA again at the age of 32.
cousins wanted the shorter deal so he could collect again in a couple years.... az wanted a five year,...and its likely so did denver... a team needs stability at the position... this deal will bite the vikes in the ass.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We'll see what happens this year. Wager the Cards end with a better record?
Cardinals are a rebuilding team now bud, I doubt you want this bet. Chargers were a good kicker away from winning 2-3 more games which would’ve got them in the playoffs.

Reaction score
Cardinals are a rebuilding team now bud, I doubt you want this bet. Chargers were a good kicker away from winning 2-3 more games which would’ve got them in the playoffs.

I already made an avatar bet with cheese. We can do a signature bet if you think your Chargers will have a better record than the Cards. Just a friendly wager. I have faith in my Cards.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This isn’t true. Look at what Keenum is making vs Bradford. Keenum is no doubt a much better QB than Bradford as well. But that’s the difference between having a legend like John Elway being the top executive and whoever the Cardinals have.
Okay hold on. I'm pulling my Rams fan card on you and i can say without a shred of doubt that Bradford is a better QB than Case Keenum. Case has moxie and is a tough competitor but he can't throw into windows with zip and accuracy like Sam. I also question Keenum's ability to read a defense vs the blitz. Bradford is a statue these days but he knows where to go with the ball in the face of a nasty rush.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

I bet they were all laughing when MN traded for him too, but they stopped when they saw him play. Then they laughed At MN again when he got hurt and Keenum came in, and who got the last laugh? Oh ya that would be MN.

So in the end who cares what the talking heads say or do, there no smarter then the fans. Even people on the board are laughing at the signing, but you ask them what should they have done, and the response it "anything but that".

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet they were all laughing when MN traded for him too, but they stopped when they saw him play. Then they laughed At MN again when he got hurt and Keenum came in, and who got the last laugh? Oh ya that would be MN.

So in the end who cares what the talking heads say or do, there no smarter then the fans. Even people on the board are laughing at the signing, but you ask them what should they have done, and the response it "anything but that".

They all started laughing at Bradford again when he raced out to a 6-2 record and then lost I think 7 of his last eight games... with the lone win coming against us.

Dude is the very definition of mediocrity while also being Mr. Glass.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
yeah...a plan that has everyone in the NFL laughing at him... great plan

Well they laughed at Dempsey when he walked on the field with a half a foot too. Rosey Greer said they didn't even rush just knew it was a fake. Then when he kicked it he said they laughed for 62 yards. He said they cried when they left the field.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser