Sam Bradford A Cardinal

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
cousins wanted the shorter deal so he could collect again in a couple years.... az wanted a five year,...and its likely so did denver... a team needs stability at the position... this deal will bite the vikes in the ass.

Well MN has an option for 5 years too, they can use the tag twice and he get no guaranteed money.

Last edited:

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
They all started laughing at Bradford again when he raced out to a 6-2 record and then lost I think 7 of his last eight games... with the lone win coming against us.

Dude is the very definition of mediocrity while also being Mr. Glass.
I think you may be misremembering. The Vikings did start 5-0 that year and did struggle after their bye, but they won more than 1 of their remaining games. And, statistically speaking, Bradford actually played (slightly)better the last 8 games than the first 7:
You must be registered for see images

As far as mediocrity goes, the last couple of years "mediocre" is about an 89.0 passer rating. If Bradford plays at a 99.0+ level, he'd have been in the top 5-6 range each of the last two years. Seems better than garbage or mediocre or some of the other descriptions of him.

Last edited:

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
Well MN has an option for 5 years too, the can use the tag twice and he get no guaranteed money.
He set a pretty high precedent with this contract. Next up is Aaron Rodgers who is going to get paid even more. By the time the Vikings have to use the tag on him, numbers for the tag for the qb position are going to be pretty insane. Especially if the nflpa get their way in the next cba.

And BTW, the franchise tag is fully guaranteed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you may be misremembering. The Vikings did start 5-0 that year and did struggle after their bye, but they won more than 1 of their remaining games. And, statistically speaking, Bradford actually played (slightly)better the last 8 games than the first 7:
You must be registered for see images

As far as mediocrity goes, the last couple of years "mediocre" is about an 89.0 passer rating. If Bradford plays at a 99.0+ level, he'd have been in the top 5-6 range each of the last two years. Seems better than garbage or mediocre or some of the other descriptions of him.

They didn’t struggle after the bye... they flat out SUCKED. But I was wrong... they didn’t start 6-2. They started 5-0... and went 3-8. Really not much difference there... oh and they became the fifth team in NFL History to start a year 5-0 and miss the playoffs.

Dude stat pads, doesn’t play big when lights shine bright, doesn’t win and can’t stay healthy. All those factors combined make him mediocre, IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I already made an avatar bet with cheese. We can do a signature bet if you think your Chargers will have a better record than the Cards. Just a friendly wager. I have faith in my Cards.

Cub... did we make a bet on which Brown would have a bigger year last year? You might already owe me that avatar.

Reaction score
Cub... did we make a bet on which Brown would have a bigger year last year? You might already owe me that avatar.

Will have to go back & look it up. I don't think it was which Brown would have a bigger year but it was something similar. Maybe if JB was healthy he would have a career year? No clue.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
They didn’t struggle after the bye... they flat out SUCKED. But I was wrong... they didn’t start 6-2. They started 5-0... and went 3-8. Really not much difference there... oh and they became the fifth team in NFL History to start a year 5-0 and miss the playoffs.

Dude stat pads, doesn’t play big when lights shine bright, doesn’t win and can’t stay healthy. All those factors combined make him mediocre, IMO.
The numbers seem to show that Bradford was the one who played at the same level, though. You implied that he tanked and cost the Vikings wins down the stretch. And, 3-8 isn't anything to feel good about but it's not the same as "they only won 1 game the rest of the year", which I think was a point you were going for.

Bradford isn't a savior and he isn't going to single-handedly carry a team but he will not hurt the team and can actually put up some solid production. Good teams can win with that.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
They'll still sign him. :bang:

He played one game last year and didn't suffer an injury, but he was done for the year because his knees are shot.
Hard to ignore his injury history but I think it's important to remember that he didn't actually get injured last year. After two years, his surgically repaired left knee developed a bone spur that was aggravated by a bone bruise. But they couldn't figure it out right away. It took many experts and examinations to figure out what was going on. Once they did, they went in and cleaned it up. But it wasn't a breakdown or failure of the knee repair from what I understand.

My point is, I wouldn't put this in the same class as when he re-injured the ACL in back to back years for the Rams. With Bradford's health, one can never feel too comfortable but I think his knee will hold up.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I’m doing my happy dance - much better QB than Keim could have expected after only drafting Logan Thomas - we won through Palmer and Stanton injuries - we didn’t after ruining Matt Leinart - we are blessed - still don’t know about Wilks and staff, but will find out soon enough.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m doing my happy dance - much better QB than Keim could have expected after only drafting Logan Thomas - we won through Palmer and Stanton injuries - we didn’t after ruining Matt Leinart - we are blessed - still don’t know about Wilks and staff, but will find out soon enough.
Um, we went to the Super Bowl.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Anyone have the final numbers/structure of the deal? The notification I got from the app said it was a 2 year deal.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Anyone have the final numbers/structure of the deal? The notification I got from the app said it was a 2 year deal.

Previous reports were: $15 million gtd in year 1 + $5 million in incentives (protected for injury) | $20 Million in year 2 is a team option.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The link of the press conference?:)
I don't see the whole press conference here, but there are some clips.

Wow, Sam Bradford says, "You know" a lot. A LOT!!! I suspect that this will drive me crazy. But no biggie if he's not the best public speaker.

...dbs

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see the whole press conference here, but there are some clips.

Wow, Sam Bradford says, "You know" a lot. A LOT!!! I suspect that this will drive me crazy. But no biggie if he's not the best public speaker.

...dbs

I got the opportunity to watch it
He looks smart, genuine and well spoken
A question made my somers? About zimmer comment regarding his degenerative knee he did prefer not replying, probably there is something...

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I saw the interview and my two thoughts:

1. Bradford is a nerd
2. Cardinals are in trouble in 2018 (not for thought #1)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser