Sam Bradford A Cardinal

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Others NFL players are ripping the Cardinals for this massive overpay LOL.

Ask Williams if Rivers was available for the Cardinals...

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Sure. And doesn't Bradford know we are going to draft one? Look at the deal he signed. Easy out after one season.
Actually, I think what pissed Bradford off was that the Eagles lied to him. They signed and committed to him and I assume, told him that he was their guy but then went out and traded up to get Wentz. That's why he forced a trade. If Keim hasn't made any such promises and Bradford knows the situation, he won't put up a fuss.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Not to be a dick, but who wants to deal to 15?

You can trade back to 5 with Denver.
You can trade back to 6 with the Jets.
You can trade back to 12 with the Bills, who can also offer you 21 this year.

What is the motivation for the other team to go all the way back to 15 unless Arizona pays a ton more than the others offer?

the Brown have already stated they are willing to trade #1... thats the only spot that guarantees we get our guy anyway.

Keim sucks drafting between 10-30 anyway,... so send cleveland the #15 with the 2019 and 2020 firsts,...and a few thirds for sweetener... then draft Sam Darnold and have him ready to start by week 5...
what we cant do is risk draft capital and not get THE guy... trading to 4 for example, unless it is done after pick 3 is made...... Keim/we cannot afford to play the draft game like he normally does... guestimating that so and so guy will be available at such and such pick and waiting there for him to drop. Too many teams want a QB and are in position to move up... Buffalo has already jumped us once, they will jump again before they make a pick... Keim needs to take the bull by the horns and go get his guy.... trading into the top five to get your second favorite guy is a mistake.... just like waiting to pick your third or fourth favorite guy

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Dumb question, I'm sure, but what makes Bradford a better option than Kaepernick?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I will say it again though...it is a bad plan. You can't just sign Bradford and draft a QB because it guarantees that the rookie will be playing sooner rather than later. Unless they trade up for Darnold or Mayfield, it is a huge issue because Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen as SUPER raw, and Rosen has injury question marks as well.

I still think you could see another veteran QB signed as backup (Barkley,Mark Sanchez,etc; someone with NFL experience).Then a QBOF drafted.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We all have raged on Kiem for not drafting/developing a QB but what's done is done. With Palmer retiring this is the best option, imo

I will join the haters if the front office doesn't fix this hot mess this year, or at least make a valiant effort to do so.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you watch Minnesota games in 2016? - he was not avg he was VERY good. 70% completion rate 20 td's to 5 ints.

Problem is it is unlikely he can stay healthy for even half the season.

I have watched most of his career.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Did you watch Minnesota games in 2016? - he was not avg he was VERY good. 70% completion rate 20 td's to 5 ints.

Problem is it is unlikely he can stay healthy for even half the season.

Hell, he was killing it in the first game, too. Over 70% completion.

At this point, my hope is that the draft ends up to be some kind of surprising mess, and teams pass on a guy like Rosen for ridiculous, overanalyzed reasons. Or Jackson. I can swallow any trade that doesn’t involve us moving next year’s #1 or both of our #3s this year.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Keim is officially stoned!!!

Time for daily drug testing & Goodell needs to suspend a GM for the 1st time in nfl history lol

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's been a starter his entire career. He's far and away a better option than either of the guys I mentioned and once Cousins and Keenum the best FA QB available

It seems to be that we have a difference in what 'legitimate' starter means. He has been a starter, but I don't think he starts on more than half of the NFL rosters, probably over 20+.

Bradford is a better option than Stanton, or Glennon for sure though.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think I'll just sit back and watch people talk themselves into this being a good move.

I thought Wilkos said he wanted a strong presence and a guy to control the huddle. Bradford is neither.

Did not know you have been in a NFL huddle with Bradford... what is it about him which disturbs you

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
It seems to be that we have a difference in what 'legitimate' starter means. He has been a starter, but I don't think he starts on more than half of the NFL rosters, probably over 20+.

Bradford is a better option than Stanton, or Glennon for sure though.
Because of health or talent? Health is the only concern regarding Bradford. It's a big concern but I don't think any NFL team doubts his ability to play when healthy.

Reaction score
Exactly what I thought. Sign Bradford & draft a rookie. Bradford has the most talent of all of the available QB's. If healthy he can take us to the playoffs. Now if my other prediction comes true we are set. Trading up to #1 with the Browns.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Exactly what I thought. Sign Bradford & draft a rookie. Bradford has the most talent of all of the available QB's. If healthy he can take us to the playoffs. Now if my other prediction comes true we are set. Trading up to #1 with the Browns.
Why do we agree on so much and then you have to go throw in that last line? :trout:

Reaction score
Looks like it's time to go back to the darkside. If this the Cards being "aggressive", I'd just as soon they go back to waiting and patience.

Were they supposed to give Cousins 40 million per? What would you have considered aggressive with the QB's that were available? Bradford is the most talented of all of the available QB's including Cousins. Health is the only concern.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Is he’s available after stretching :lol:
No doubt. But, if history is any indicator, his first year on a team is usually his healthy year. Where the Cardinals need to be wary is 2019. I'm actually confident Bradford will play the majority of games for the Cardinals in 2018. He'll be out to prove that he can stay healthy and perform and shooting for incentives. But, after that, the team really needs to be smart about whether to extend him. If they are, a franchise tag or two are probably the best way to go and I would think, Bradford knows he isn't ever going to get another 3+ year deal from anyone and he's going to have to just take what he can get each year.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Because of health or talent? Health is the only concern regarding Bradford. It's a big concern but I don't think any NFL team doubts his ability to play when healthy.

If someone had the ability to see the future, and tell me Bradford can make it through 16 games, I would be excited about getting him.

Teddy Bridgewater has hurt his knee, sure, but it is now healed, and he will have to play before anyone can say he is doomed to re-injure it.

Sam Bradford is on his 3rd team because of his knee, not his arm, his knee. It is a case of when it gets re-injured, not IF.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It is fair to say after Cousins and Bress passed on Cardinals, we get Bradford. Yay!