Simple Atlanta trade that solves our problems

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
And let me mention first that Atlanta fans would do it as well before you say that Eisley is untradeable.

Howard Eisley
Zarko Cabarkapa
Rights to Milos
3M$ cash
Chicagos pick

for a 2nd rounder

Gives us ~8M$ capspace to sign Divac to a 2yrs/14M$ contract or what Gambo said.

Divac 24mpg at center, Voshkul 18 minutes at center, Lampe 6 minutes at center.
Amare 38 minutes at PF, Lampe 10 minutes at center.
Marion 38 minutes at SF, JJ 10 minutes at SF
Q 33 minutes at SG, JJ 15 minutes at SG
Nash 33 minutes at PG JJ 8 minutes at PG, Barbosa 7 minutes at PG

Amare 38 minutes
Marion 38 minutes
JJ 33 minutes
Nash 33 minutes
Q 33 minutes
Divac 24 minutes
Voshkul 18 minutes
Lampe 16 minutes
Barbosa 7 minutes

Nice 9 man rotation and we get to keep Q, JJ and Marion. Just gotta make sure that the Clippers aren't matching for Q.

But would Divac come after we trade 2 of his serbian friends to Atlanta? ;) Maybe would have to overpay him and offer a 3rd contract year.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
What do the Suns want with Divac? He's still a solid player, but he can't have more than a year or two left. Why not invest in a center with at least slightly more long-term potential?

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
elindholm said:
What do the Suns want with Divac? He's still a solid player, but he can't have more than a year or two left. Why not invest in a center with at least slightly more long-term potential?

Who has slightly more long-term potential? Etan Thomas and Erick Dampier are pretty much the only ones left and Dampier asks for INSANE money.

I would bank on Lampe being ready to start when Divac is done in 2 or 3 years Lampe will only be 21-22 and be ready to really play.

cepstrum

Shqiptar i Qart
Reaction score
slinslin said:
Who has slightly more long-term potential? Etan Thomas and Erick Dampier are pretty much the only ones left and Dampier asks for INSANE money.

I would bank on Lampe being ready to start when Divac is done in 2 or 3 years Lampe will only be 21-22 and be ready to really play.
The only way I would do that is if we were a divac away from a championship, but there is no reason to give up all that young talent to get 2 years from vlade 'the flop' divac. BTW we're a lot farther away than a divac from a championship.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
We would at least have a good chance to win our division. And we would make Sacramento worse by taking away Divac.

Divac-Miller
Amare-Webber
Marion-Peja
Q-Christie
Nash-Bibby
JJ-Jackson
Barbosa- ? Kevin Martin?
Voshkul- ? Minard?
Lampe- ? Songaila?

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
:trout:

So we're basically giving 3 first rounders (If Vujanic were in the draft this year, he'd be a first), for a 2nd and the chance to sign a center with maybe 1 or 2 years left?

Granted, it may have something to do with my hate for floppers (Divac and Malone), but I gotta pass on that one.

cepstrum

Shqiptar i Qart
Reaction score
slinslin said:
We would at least have a good chance to win our division. And we would make Sacramento worse by taking away Divac.

Divac-Miller
Amare-Webber
Marion-Peja
Q-Christie
Nash-Bibby
JJ-Jackson
Barbosa- ? Kevin Martin?
Voshkul- ? Minard?
Lampe- ? Songaila?
I'm not a big fan of comparing teams person by person because its a team game. I mean the jazz looked like a nbdl team last year and player by player they werent better than any team in the league, but they still almost made the playoffs in the west. The trade is a little rich for my blood. I dont want to give up zarko yet and the same goes for the chicago pick.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
We also get rid of Eisley. Milos might never come over and even if a first round pick in this draft is pretty weak.
I don't consider Zarko much of a loss either. He was a bust last season even if it was because of that injury. Instead of working his butt off to make an impact next season he is in europe trying to get on the bench of his national team.

loudandobnoxious

7 yrds olld
Reaction score
slinslin said:

Divac-Miller
Amare-Webber
Marion-Peja
Q-Christie
Nash-Bibby
JJ-Jackson
Barbosa- ? Kevin Martin?
Voshkul- ? Minard?
Lampe- ? Songaila?
Sacremento's still got us beat...

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Who has slightly more long-term potential?

Almost anyone. Divac is already 36 years old (at least).

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Yeah but Divac can still play as well as most available centers ever will. He can provide veteran leadership and mentor our big guys.

I mean he is 36 and lost almost all of his athleticism. Not sure if it will make a difference now wether he is 36,37,38,39 or 40. He is probably not going to get any worse in the next 4 years.

Also except for Ostertag he is the only "big" center left. Everyone else is skinny (Mihm) or under 7'.

wsupkid

Registered
Reaction score
Who? Divac isnt worth half that!

In my eyes Divac is worth our 31st pick whoever he is ( the second comming of Jake V.)

loudandobnoxious

7 yrds olld
Reaction score
slinslin said:
Yeah but Divac can still play as well as most available centers ever will. He can provide veteran leadership and mentor our big guys.

I mean he is 36 and lost almost all of his athleticism. Not sure if it will make a difference now wether he is 36,37,38,39 or 40. He is probably not going to get any worse in the next 4 years.

Also except for Ostertag he is the only "big" center left. Everyone else is skinny (Mihm) or under 7'.
The only thing Vlade is good for is assists. It took him 5+ years with the Kings to learn their offense. I only wonder if he'll be effective moving from one coach to another...

sunsfn

Reaction score
slinslin,

If you lived in Arizona we would be saying to you........you have been out in the sun way toooo long today!!!

I think you live in Germany,? so, maybe it is something in the water there that is causing you to propose a trade that can not possibly happen!

P.S.
Of course, this makes a lot of sense,
"And let me mention first that Atlanta fans would do it as well before you say that Eisley is untradeable."

P.P.S.,

Can we get back to some real basketball talk instead of all of this made up stuff?
:( :( :( :( :bang:

Dave64

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SlinSlin, nothing personal, but that is one of the worst deals I have ever seen. The Suns get hosed beyond human belief in that deal.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
We will play an up-tempo game like the Kings as well.

Amazingly Divac missed only 6 games in the last 5 years and played 80 games at least in all those seasons.

And he took 5 years to learn their offense??? He averaged a lot of assists in all those seasons for a center, is a decent rebounder and smart defender (flopper).

loudandobnoxious

7 yrds olld
Reaction score
slinslin said:
And he took 5 years to learn their offense??? He averaged a lot of assists in all those seasons for a center, is a decent rebounder and smart defender (flopper).
98-99: 4.3
99-00: 3.0
00-01: 2.9
01-02: 3.7
02-03: 3.4
03-04: 5.3

His 6th year would be the only year in which would even come close to the numbers that would warrant a trade like that.

dbUNIT16

Registered
Reaction score
I think Lampe deserves more PT. He's not afraid or stiff like alot of the other european big men, and he has a good jump shot and most importantly....

Doesn't look like he's gonna fall when he runs the floor.

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't want Divac.

Too Old, Too Expensive, and he's a flopper (I hate floppers)
Not to mention that would be the most fudged up deal in history. Can I have some of what youre smoking?

:violin:

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
NJYAJ09 said:
I don't want Divac.

Too Old, Too Expensive, and he's a flopper (I hate floppers)
Not to mention that would be the most fudged up deal in history. Can I have some of what youre smoking?

:violin:
Did you forget about John "Hot Rod" Williams or better yet Joe Barry Carrol (sp)?

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SweetD said:
Did you forget about John "Hot Rod" Williams or better yet Joe Barry Carrol (sp)?
yeah, forget about Hot Rod... what a bust that guy was huh.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eight months ago there was reason to believe that Divac might be available cheap. At this point, I don't see it.

I have said repeately, I don't believe in trading away promising young talent for short term gains.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
slinslin said:
And let me mention first that Atlanta fans would do it as well before you say that Eisley is untradeable.

Howard Eisley
Zarko Cabarkapa
Rights to Milos
3M$ cash
Chicagos pick

for a 2nd rounder

Gives us ~8M$ capspace to sign Divac to a 2yrs/14M$ contract or what Gambo said.

Divac 24mpg at center, Voshkul 18 minutes at center, Lampe 6 minutes at center.
Amare 38 minutes at PF, Lampe 10 minutes at center.
Marion 38 minutes at SF, JJ 10 minutes at SF
Q 33 minutes at SG, JJ 15 minutes at SG
Nash 33 minutes at PG JJ 8 minutes at PG, Barbosa 7 minutes at PG

Amare 38 minutes
Marion 38 minutes
JJ 33 minutes
Nash 33 minutes
Q 33 minutes
Divac 24 minutes
Voshkul 18 minutes
Lampe 16 minutes
Barbosa 7 minutes

Nice 9 man rotation and we get to keep Q, JJ and Marion. Just gotta make sure that the Clippers aren't matching for Q.

But would Divac come after we trade 2 of his serbian friends to Atlanta? ;) Maybe would have to overpay him and offer a 3rd contract year.

I think this is 3 terrible trades in a row you have posted. :confused: Why in the hell would anyone want to give up a potential top 6 pick, Zarko, and cash just to rent and old, beaten down center for a year?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05