Sources: Lakers trying to acquire Suns forward Trevor Ariza in a three-team deal

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He took one of the most successful and respected franchises in professional sports and turned it into a joke. I doubt those cities would even want the Suns unless he sells them the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely, positively NOT true.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Well sadly sarver isn't going anywhere but a return from Booker could really turn the franchise around , I think they should at least stop saying that Booker is untouchable and just listen to what offers they could get , I would take a couple of solid players and picks over Booker at the moment just look at the clippers right now they are competitive without stars because everyone on their team is competent

I wonder whether we could reach the point next season where a Booker trade looks like the Larry Nance trade in 1988. As people probably remember, that trade netted Kevin Johnson (who was then a rookie, stuck behind All-Star Mark Price), Mark West, Tyrone Corbin, and the pick that became Dan Majerle. Nance, when traded, was in the middle of his seventh year with the Suns, and widely viewed as the best player on a team that was going nowhere.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I doubt those cities would even want the Suns unless he sells them the team.
I’ve read that Seattle is inline to get an expansion team.

Cities have also balked at teams because of bad ownership in the past.

I guess Vegas might take a shot.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I wonder whether we could reach the point next season where a Booker trade looks like the Larry Nance trade in 1988. As people probably remember, that trade netted Kevin Johnson (who was then a rookie, stuck behind All-Star Mark Price), Mark West, Tyrone Corbin, and the pick that became Dan Majerle. Nance, when traded, was in the middle of his seventh year with the Suns, and widely viewed as the best player on a team that was going nowhere.
That's what I'm wondering too , Booker could get alot of assests that could help the rebuild alot more than just he could , doesn't hurt to listen to offers

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

They would definitely take the Suns.
Many people believe that his intent from day one was to move the team to a new local to make money.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I think it’s way too early to consider trading Booker. He basically hasn’t been healthy all season and he’s being used in positions where he’s asked to do too much. Get a PG here first. Move on from Igor if you need to. Get a new coach. If at that point we aren’t making any headway, then okay, explore that option.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

this is so sad that we're even starting to contemplate this.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I think it’s way too early to consider trading Booker. He basically hasn’t been healthy all season and he’s being used in positions where he’s asked to do too much. Get a PG here first. Move on from Igor if you need to. Get a new coach. If at that point we aren’t making any headway, then okay, explore that option.
He's never healthy the whole season though, he's a good player but I think he his potential return is more valuable than a player than he may end up being, one thing I thought of is if they don't get the first pick this year for Zion if they could get that pick in a trade with booker

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He's never healthy the whole season though, he's a good player but I think he his potential return is more valuable than a player than he may end up being, one thing I thought of is if they don't get the first pick this year for Zion if they could get that pick in a trade with booker
He is 22 years old. We could have easily had this same conversation about Curry a few years back. We need to stay patient with Booker. He has the talent be up there with guys like Curry and Harden, but it is a process that Booker is still in somewhat early stages of.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not trust the Suns to make another Larry Nance type trade under the present circumstances.

The Suns front office is simply not smart enough.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a good Trevor Ariza trade rumor. I need one about now.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Anyone have a good Trevor Ariza trade rumor. I need one about now.

There are now whispers that Houston is the third team in the deal with the Lakers. I have no clue what incentive Houston would have to acquire Kentavious Caldwell Pope and spare parts, nor do I have any idea what the Suns could possibly get from Houston that would make the deal worth doing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About all the Rockets have to realistically trade is Brandon Knight and a bunch of first round picks.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

They would definitely take the Suns.
So he can do to their team what he has done to Phoenix's team?

A non-NBA city getting an expansion team starting from scratch without Sarver would be the lesser of two evils, considering what he has done to the Suns with his incompetence,

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So he can do to their team what he has done to Phoenix's team?

A non-NBA city getting an expansion team starting from scratch without Sarver would be the lesser of two evils, considering what he has done to the Suns with his incompetence,
Keep in mind you are saying it from an obviously biased perspective. Many of these cities would overlook Sarver simply because the amount of money that a pro sports team would bring to a market without one.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Keep in mind you are saying it from an obviously biased perspective. Many of these cities would overlook Sarver simply because the amount of money that a pro sports team would bring to a market without one.
But an expansion team would accomplish that as well, without the prospect of Sarver doing to them what he has done to us.

Either in Seattle, which was accustomed to a professional NBA team, or Las Vegas, which is prime for new teams.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But an expansion team would accomplish that as well, without the prospect of Sarver doing to them what he has done to us.

Either in Seattle, which was used to a professional NBA team, or Las Vegas, which is prime for new teams.
I remember when the Cardinals were considering moving here and how much Bill Bidwill was hated. This town went for it anyway because expansion was no guarantee, but the team moving immediately was a guarantee. Bird in the hand.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Either in Seattle, which was accustomed to a professional NBA team, or Las Vegas, which is prime for new teams.
Vegas certainly has no problem taking the dumpster fire that is the Oakland Raiders.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah remember we were STOKED to get the cardinals back in the day and Bidwill was largely recognized as the worst owner in the nfl.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I remember when the Cardinals were considering moving here and how much Bill Bidwill was hated. This town went for it anyway because expansion was no guarantee, but the team moving immediately was a guarantee. Bird in the hand.
Ah you beat me to the punch!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
OK, maybe you guys are right. A Sarver in the hand is worth two hopes in the bush.

Then where does that leave Phoenix?

Could we lure an established team (without an arena renovation, which is the issue) or have to wait for an expansion team and start from scratch (and still with the arena issue)?

Remove Sarver, strengthen the GM and Head Coach positions and have the Suns chip in on the renovation seems to be the best alternative, now that Sarver has escalated the issue with his threat.