Sources: Lakers trying to acquire Suns forward Trevor Ariza in a three-team deal

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's interesting, but no mention WHY Lakers are in the lead. What are they offering that we would want more than other teams?

I hope that is typical media bias. I know that most Suns fans are a little hesitant to do a deal with the Lakers since they really don't have anyone to part with that would work in terms of salary or as a need for us but there is the Lebron/James Jones connection there. The media typically assumes that the Lakers will land whoever they want though and they've been doing that for quite some time. I know it's been that way in terms of free agency but it's also been a thing they've done with trades also, like how they were the favorites to trade for Kawhi this past summer and also Paul George a year earlier. So long as we're just hearing rumors right now though I wouldn't put any sort of faith in the idea that they're favorites though.

I think their pick might be more valuable than a number of other teams because they should finish in the bottom half of playoff teams in the West while Philly has a chance to get home court advantage throughout the Eastern playoffs and that would put their pick somewhere between 26-30. I'd imagine the Lakers pick will land in the 20-25 range. So if we're getting a pick in return in addition to a player I'd rather have the Lakers pick if we're only looking at picks from teams interested in acquiring him.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think their pick might be more valuable than a number of other teams because they should finish in the bottom half of playoff teams in the West while Philly has a chance to get home court advantage throughout the Eastern playoffs and that would put their pick somewhere between 26-30. I'd imagine the Lakers pick will land in the 20-25 range. So if we're getting a pick in return in addition to a player I'd rather have the Lakers pick if we're only looking at picks from teams interested in acquiring him.
No way we get the Lakers first round pick in a three way. The Lakers NEED their pick. I could see the argument the Sixers don't want anymore young guys. I am thinking we get a second round at best, unless we take back a bad salary. Does that make sense we would get a player AND a first round pick for Ariza? Really?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
That's interesting, but no mention WHY Lakers are in the lead. What are they offering that we would want more than other teams?
We want to make the king happy. What more motivation dus one need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For what it's worth, Gambo said the Suns don't have any interest in Fultz. He basically said he's checked with a couple people and they don't want another reclamation project.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
For what it's worth, Gambo said the Suns don't have any interest in Fultz. He basically said he's checked with a couple people and they don't want another reclamation project.
Well, December 15, we finally find out what all these rumors and smoke screens amount to!

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I heard the same thing. Of course, the Suns should have thought about that before they brought in four rookies and zero veteran point guards or power forwards this year.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way we get the Lakers first round pick in a three way. The Lakers NEED their pick. I could see the argument the Sixers don't want anymore young guys. I am thinking we get a second round at best, unless we take back a bad salary. Does that make sense we would get a player AND a first round pick for Ariza? Really?

I doubt we get it either but why do they need their pick? I don't think they want to wait on a player developing, I'd think they'd want plug and play guys now.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Lebron's teams don't have a history of adding or keeping rookies so I could see the Lakers trading their pick, especially since it'll be in the 20's. It depends on the player we get it in return if we'll be able to squeeze a pick from someone. If 1/3 of the league is trying to get Ariza from us then that may help us land a pick and a player. It's not that unusual for something like that. The Suns have gotten 1st's for guys like Markieff in the past, even though they had no leverage with that deal, so trading someone like Ariza might allow us to wait out teams not willing to give real value and a prospect alone wouldn't be enought, IMO, at least not a prospect from the Lakers.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ariza hasn't played tonight. I wonder if that means that a deal is done. I sure hope he isn't just being gifted to the Lakers.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Ariza hasn't played tonight. I wonder if that means that a deal is done. I sure hope he isn't just being gifted to the Lakers.

Okobo and Crawford sat as well. Maybe more than just Ariza trade going down soon. Find out more on Thursday as to who sits

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Okobo and Crawford sat as well. Maybe more than just Ariza trade going down soon. Find out more on Thursday as to who sits

Okobo was sent down to the G-League, and Crawford has been nursing a knee injury.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ariza, Okobo and Bucks pick for Dinwiddie and Faried? Sign me up and quick. Dinwiddie would hold down back court with Book and Faried would definitely help alleviate our defensive amd rebounding woes at the 4 next to Ayton/Holmes

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Okobo was sent down to the G-League, and Crawford has been nursing a knee injury.

So they say. With only today and Thursday games before 12/15 trade availability of Ariza potential trade, anyone outside of Book and Ayton for the most part could be in potential trade talks.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ariza, Okobo and Bucks pick for Dinwiddie and Faried? Sign me up and quick. Dinwiddie would hold down back court with Book and Faried would definitely help alleviate our defensive amd rebounding woes at the 4 next to Ayton/Holmes
I’m warming to this. I’d like the all 6’6 backcourt with him and booker.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I’m warming to this. I’d like the all 6’6 backcourt with him and booker.

The only downside is that both Dinwiddie and Faried are free agents at the end of the year, and Okobo and a first round pick are a heck of a lot to give up for what could amount to a couple of four month rentals in a lost season.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
The only downside is that both Dinwiddie and Faried are free agents at the end of the year, and Okobo and a first round pick are a heck of a lot to give up for what could amount to a couple of four month rentals in a lost season.
I don't see the bucks pick being very valuable, it's going to be in the 20s and the suns can rarely hit on top 5s, and I'm not very high on okobo, I think his peak is a good bench player

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I know Dinwiddie is eligible for an extension until summer, and the Nets can't go over 4 years, 48 million or so on that. Does anyone know if that situation transfers to the Suns in a trade? If so, he's the perfect target.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see the bucks pick being very valuable, it's going to be in the 20s and the suns can rarely hit on top 5s, and I'm not very high on okobo, I think his peak is a good bench player

"Good bench player" is a steal considering where he was drafted.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
And not something you throw away on a four month rental in a lost season, especially with a first round pick on top of that.
I think they'd have a better chance at signing him if he spends time playing with them this year rather than trying to lure him in at free agency

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think they'd have a better chance at signing him if he spends time playing with them this year rather than trying to lure him in at free agency

If there was some assurance Dinwiddie would stick around, I do the deal yesterday.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
regarding trading Okobo
i like him because he seems to play smart and under control
but i'm not seeing anything special in his passing ability
i want an assist man
i haven't seen Dinwiddie play
but at 5 assists, that doesn't seem to be his specialty either

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
regarding trading Okobo
i like him because he seems to play smart and under control
but i'm not seeing anything special in his passing ability
i want an assist man
i haven't seen Dinwiddie play
but at 5 assists, that doesn't seem to be his specialty either

Honest question that is not meant as a dig...

Why do your posts always seem to have the visual appearance of a haiku?