Sources: Lakers trying to acquire Suns forward Trevor Ariza in a three-team deal

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
And this is the single WORST unsubstantiated argument that I have see from one poster repeated over 100 times.

Have you failed to read the "argument" that the reason the Suns have never had a franchise center is because the front office doesn't believe in them? I don't see how any argument could be worse, or less substantiated, than that one, and I read it at least 300 times before finally putting its author on Ignore.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
When competent people were running the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's why I said we would need to be sure we had a GM in place who is capable of making a trade that nets us a return akin to what we got for Larry Nance in 1988.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Interestingly enough I see when 1Sun posts and have the option to reveal what he posted. But whomever else I’ve ignored posts I see literally nothing. So many times I see y’all having a conversation with thin air. Their post box doesn’t even show up in the thread for me. I wonder if that means they’re ignoring me too.
If an ignored poster has the only new post in a thread it will show the option. It probably has to do with him posting more than other posters that you have on ignore.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
In response, your post is vague. Of course there have been scoring Point Guards who haven't gotten hurt. That is a generalization.

But this is about our young star Shooting Guard moved to a new position out of desperation . . . who has gotten hurt. And Krang, especially with his prior history of getting hurt -- more than "a wee bit".

And our Small Forward who has done the same. All to cover up the revolving door of incompetent General Managers and Head Coaches who don't know how to fill or use a roster.

If that weren't the case, we wouldn't be talking about it. Especially as Suns leadership is self-destructing day by day.

If you are tired of reading it, let's get tired of seeing our two top scorers out of commission. Unless, of course, it is rationalization for tanking . . . AGAIN.

Yes, I know the response. The Suns stink so badly, they don't have to tank. That is difficult to root for year after year.

Right now, the Suns have a bigger problem than their record, 4-24 .. .143, the worst in their history at this point. The bull in a china shop is Robert Sarver who, as I also posted, might just be decimating the Suns so he can move them. And, sure enough . . . . . . . . . . . . .

He was getting injured before point Book. Your argument is baseless.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
He was getting injured before point Book. Your argument is baseless.
As you say, Book was getting injured before adding the responsibility of the Point. Isn't that all the more reason to not stretch him too thin?

I hope you respond directly to that 'point'. :)

And it's not personal. I am not arguing. I'm stating an opinion.

Hey, I just want to see the Suns do better than the bottom dweller of the NBA, as I'm sure you do.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
In response, your post is vague. Of course there have been scoring Point Guards who haven't gotten hurt. That is a generalization.

But this is about our young star Shooting Guard moved to a new position out of desperation . . . who has gotten hurt. And Krang, especially with his prior history of getting hurt -- more than "a wee bit".

And our Small Forward who has done the same. All to cover up the revolving door of incompetent General Managers and Head Coaches who don't know how to fill or use a roster.

If that weren't the case, we wouldn't be talking about it. Especially as Suns leadership is self-destructing day by day.

If you are tired of reading it, let's get tired of seeing our two top scorers out of commission. Unless, of course, it is rationalization for tanking . . . AGAIN.

Yes, I know the response. The Suns stink so badly, they don't have to tank. That is difficult to root for year after year.

Right now, the Suns have a bigger problem than their record, 4-24 .. .143, the worst in their history at this point. The bull in a china shop is Robert Sarver who, as I also posted, might just be decimating the Suns so he can move them. And, sure enough . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Cmon you can’t blame Warren, aka mr glass, injuries in playing PF. He played exclusively at SF for years and missed TONS of games. There’s just no cause and effect here.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Have you failed to read the "argument" that the reason the Suns have never had a franchise center is because the front office doesn't believe in them? I don't see how any argument could be worse, or less substantiated, than that one, and I read it at least 300 times before finally putting its author on Ignore.
Cmon the best one ever is Magic was not a PG. nothing will ever beat that one. Ever.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Cmon you can’t blame Warren, aka mr glass, injuries in playing PF. He played exclusively at SF for years and missed TONS of games. There’s just no cause and effect here.
OK, Ouchie, I'll get off that kick.

But I still believe that we weaken two positions each (that's a total of four) when we start Book at PG and Warren at PF.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Ariza sat out due to a pending trade then it stands to reason that the other players involved would also sit out. So which possible point guard targets haven't played since Ariza sat and which did?

Didn't play:
Fultz
Dragic
Lin

Did play:
Beverly
Teodosic
D. Russell
Dinwiddie
McConnell
Rozier
Wall
Brogdon
Collison
Joseph
Ntilakina
Mudiay
Schroder
Exum
Rubio
Tyus Jones
VanVleet

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Ariza sat out due to a pending trade then it stands to reason that the other players involved would also sit out. So which possible point guard targets haven't played since Ariza sat and which did?

Didn't play:
Fultz
Dragic
Lin

Did play:
Beverly
Teodosic
D. Russell
Dinwiddie
McConnell
Rozier
Wall
Brogdon
Collison
Joseph
Ntilakina
Mudiay
Schroder
Exum
Rubio
Tyus Jones
VanVleet

Gambo already nixed Fultz as a possibility.

I wouldn't mind Dragic as a stop gap point guard at all.

As for Lin...:barf:

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Yea, if Ariza sat and Dinwiddie played, probably means he is not involved. Though it is possible, if they are negotiating stage they played him with the hope of increasing his value and their leverage.

Ariza is a bit different. Everyone knows he's gone.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Dragic is probably one of the PGs that would actually WANT to come to PHX. I don't know if it was for show, but Dragic talked glowingly of Igor. Igor needs a PG able to run his system. For Igor, it would be a big win. Not sure why the Heat would want to trade with us.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo already nixed Fultz as a possibility.

I wouldn't mind Dragic as a stop gap point guard at all.

As for Lin...:barf:

Not really, Gambo said he doesn't think the Suns would be interested in Fultz. He did not say it as if someone from the Suns told him so, it is his opinion based on them saying they want someone who can play now.

I think a Fultz deal is the most likely outcome.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser