Sources: Lakers trying to acquire Suns forward Trevor Ariza in a three-team deal

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes. From what I've read the Lakers send KCP and a first round pick to Philadelphia, Philadelphia sends Milton to LA and Fultz to us and we send Ariza to the Lakers. I don't know if it's anything more than rumor though.
It is an interesting concept. It seems we would be over run with young pg's. But really Shake, Melton, and Okobo for that matter all are probably as much sg's as pg's. Fultz is interesting. We are not giving up much to get him here. He can pass and play defense, which many forget because of the odd shooting issues. Looking at him just based upon what he CAN do rather than where he was drafted might have merit.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can Beal and Booker play together?

Suns out: Jackson, Okobo, Ariza, Milwaukee pick.
Suns in: Bradley Beal

Lakers out: KCP, Zubac, first round pick (Zubac is not playing for them, he is a throw-in for salary here. There has already been talk about Lakers sending out KCP and a first rounder for Ariza.
Lakers in: Ariza

Washington out: Beal
Washington in: Jackson, KCP, Okobo, Zubac, Milwaukee first rounder, Lakers first rounder.

Constructing trades like this that make sense for all is hard.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It just kind of seems like no matter what trade, it's helping the lakers out. They aren't sending anything out of great value.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It just kind of seems like no matter what trade, it's helping the lakers out. They aren't sending anything out of great value.
Not getting a lot of great value either. Aging vet on an expiring contract. Someone needs to "leak" that the Warriors are interested in trading for Ariza. That would get things cooking.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
I’d roll the dice on Fultz if it just costs Ariza.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Duane Rankin‏@DuaneRankin 1m1 minute ago
Spoke to Brooklyn #Nets assistant GM Trajan Langdon.

Said he is going to #Suns #Spurs tonight. Scouting as he also caught a G League game.

Said #Lakers #Suns haven't been in contact when asked about reported 3-team deal involving Trevor Ariza. Headed back to NY after game.

This is inexcusable if true.

Dinwittle should be our #1 or #2 target. Jones is incompetent if he has not at least spoken to them about him.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Dinwittle should be our #1 or #2 target. Jones is incompetent if he has not at least spoken to them about him.

Agreed. At this point, it appears James Jones is working more for Lebron James than for the Suns. If he doesn't maximize value here, and Ariza ends up in a trade that benefits the Lakers, can him (and then sue him for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and unfair trade practices).

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Gambo just definitively debunked the Fultz rumors. Not going to happen.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think "inexcusable" is way too harsh especially with how little we know about what's really going on. Not to mention GM's are notoriously silent on pending deals so a denial means pretty much nothing.

It would seem to that it would probably fall to LA to negotiate with Brooklyn as the way it's been reported (rumored or whatever) it will be up to the Lakers to find the assets that will entice Brooklyn to make the deal. We can't exactly call them up and start offering Laker's picks and players to them. Also, we've been rumored to have interest in Dinwiddie several times so while this deal might not have been discussed, we probably have a pretty good idea of what they'll demand in return.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you guys really think this is just going to happen on the 15th? Teams aren't desperate for him right now... it's still so early in the season that I think teams who want him can make our inexperienced GM sweat it out for a bit to get him to make a bad trade.

we all WANT him shipped out immediately, but other GMs might not be so idiotic to jump into a trade yet.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think "inexcusable" is way too harsh especially with how little we know about what's really going on. Not to mention GM's are notoriously silent on pending deals so a denial means pretty much nothing.

It would seem to that it would probably fall to LA to negotiate with Brooklyn as the way it's been reported (rumored or whatever) it will be up to the Lakers to find the assets that will entice Brooklyn to make the deal. We can't exactly call them up and start offering Laker's picks and players to them. Also, we've been rumored to have interest in Dinwiddie several times so while this deal might not have been discussed, we probably have a pretty good idea of what they'll demand in return.
How many times am I ready to make a post and you basically say it form me.

Errntknght

Reaction score
If there truly are a half dozen teams after him, a quick deal wouldn't be surprising.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cant be 20 years can it?

I think the first conversation I can remember us having was about Kidd, who we had traded for the year before (IIRC). So yeah, a little over 20 years. That must mean you're old?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think the first conversation I can remember us having was about Kidd, who we had traded for the year before (IIRC). So yeah, a little over 20 years. That must mean you're old?
He was a ten year old when he started talking to you!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was a ten year old when he started talking to you!

Cool, that would put me in my early 20's back then. Errntknight was on the same forum with us around the same time but I'm pretty sure he was still old even then.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's interesting, but no mention WHY Lakers are in the lead. What are they offering that we would want more than other teams?

According to that article it sounds like they aren't offering much. I don't know what Ariza's value is but if those names are off the market, it better be a 3 team trade as rumored because I want no part of KCP.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
According to that article it sounds like they aren't offering much. I don't know what Ariza's value is but if those names are off the market, it better be a 3 team trade as rumored because I want no part of KCP.
That's what I was thinking. Maybe that's why LA has to get Philly involved? Philly is supposed to want Ariza themselves, so why would they get involved? None of these scenarios make sense to me.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thats what my wife says. Wants to trade me in for a newer model.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I swear, if we get less of a return just to have Ariza go to the Lakers...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser