Stanton or Palmer

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see the team drafting a QB. I think they believe Thomas can be the guy in 2-3 years.

Why else draft him?

Lots of NFL people think you should bring in a potential QBOTF every year.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I don't see the team drafting a QB. I think they believe Thomas can be the guy in 2-3 years.

Why else draft him?

They believe nothing at this point. If Palmer's not here and Stanton shows no promise, they won't hesitate to take another QB in the first or second round.

In the 4th round, you're looking for windfalls at that position. Logan is what he is: a project. If he succeeds, then the team comes out smelling like roses for getting the QBoF in the 3rd day of the draft. If not, big deal.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Lots of NFL people think you should bring in a potential QBOTF every year.

How many teams actually do that?

They believe nothing at this point. If Palmer's not here and Stanton shows no promise, they won't hesitate to take another QB in the first or second round.

In the 4th round, you're looking for windfalls at that position. Logan is what he is: a project. If he succeeds, then the team comes out smelling like roses for getting the QBoF in the 3rd day of the draft. If not, big deal.

They believe nothing? Whether he amounts to anything or not they don't just pull names out of a hat on draft night. If he were a 7th/UDFA I could believe they're just taking a shot in the dark.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Has ANYONE, even Palmer, said he will start if he isn't healthy?

True, but this injury seems to be different then any ankle sprain or acl tear. Its just an odd injury that Palmer can think or push himself to start, but in reality he shouldn't have. I know docs and the medical staff will make the final call, but I just don't want him playing because he feels he needs to. A loss to Denver is not a season ending problem. If we lose Palmer for another 4 or 5 games because he decided to push himself, that is a problem.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. It's a complete waste of time to think about NFL trades. 99.999% of the ones you read about on the internet never have a chance of happening. The draft is different, outside of the draft... complete bullcrap.

Again, sorry bad joke.

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Palmers injury sounds a lot like what pitchers get in baseball. CP's seems a little more severe then what baseball players call "dead arm". It so weird because everything seems normal (with no pain at all) but when you throw it's like its just floating there. I have expericenced it before and it's extremely strange and frustrating.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Palmers injury sounds a lot like what pitchers get in baseball. CP's seems a little more severe then what baseball players call "dead arm". It so weird because everything seems normal (with no pain at all) but when you throw it's like its just floating there. I have expericenced it before and it's extremely strange and frustrating.

You just always had a dead arm. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser