Star Wars Question

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone please explain who the Sith are again? This is probably in some thread somewhere, but I don't have it in me to look for the answer.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I have a question, how come the Jedi disappear when they die in the 4-6 Episodes (Obi Wan, Yoda) but in EPisode III when they all get whacked their lifeless bodies are still there?

And another thing, in ESB Obi Wan says Luke was their last hope as he flew off to help Han and Leia, but then Yoda tells him there's another. If Obi Wan was there to witness the birth of Leia and Luke, why did Yoda have to remind him that Leia was still in the picture?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
I have a question, how come the Jedi disappear when they die in the 4-6 Episodes (Obi Wan, Yoda) but in EPisode III when they all get whacked their lifeless bodies are still there?

And another thing, in ESB Obi Wan says Luke was their last hope as he flew off to help Han and Leia, but then Yoda tells him there's another. If Obi Wan was there to witness the birth of Leia and Luke, why did Yoda have to remind him that Leia was still in the picture?

1. Because they didn't know how to cheat death. Qui Gon Jinn discovered this after death, relayed it to Yoda and Obi Wan who studied it during their hiding. The question you want to ask is why Anakin was able to do it though he didn't study it. Well, since he was BORN of the force, he probably had no problem becoming alive in it, but he also died in a truly selfless act, which Qui Gon mentioned to yoda was something that could happen (this was cut from the movie, but appears in the movie book, may be on DVD).

2. Obi is chauvanistic? Obi watched over Luke and knew him to be strong, and wanting to be a Jedi. He is trained. He is ready. Leia is not trained, not ready and still being hidden from Vader. Luke fails, then they pretty much all fail. They would have to start from scratch with Leia, and they didn't know how much it would be. Obi feels that Luke is now the Chosen One, since he thinks Anakin was not (though Anakin really is). You can justify this in many ways, but it boils down to Lucas writing them out of progression and more importantly, needing exposition pieces.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
A big mistake that I saw was the fact that R2D2 was with Luke when he first went to see Yoda. When Luke meets Yoda, he doesn't know who he is even though R2D2 is there. R2D2 actually zaps Yoda not knowing who he was. However R2D2 didn't have his mind wiped like C3P0 so he should have recognized yoda.

Big error.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan