Suns at Warriors 1-31-15

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns play at the Warriors tonight with an 8:30 p.m. Arizona start time. Here are the starting lineups and a link to more in an article written by Paul Coro at azcentral dated 1-31-15. Both teams played last night. The Warriors have lost two straight including a loss at Utah last night. This makes for a tough game for the Suns.

SUNS (28-20) at WARRIORS (36-8)

Tip-off: 8:30 p.m. (Phoenix time)TV: FSAZ

C: Alex Len … Andrew Bogut

PF: Markieff Morris … Draymond Green

SF: P.J. Tucker … Harrison Barnes

SG: Goran Dragic … Klay Thompson

PG: Eric Bledsoe … Stephen Curry

Key Warriors reserves: Marreese Speights, David Lee, Andre Iguodala, Shaun Livingston, Leandro Barbosa.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...preview-suns-warriors-orange-slices/22655689/

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Slowing point guards

In recent point guard matchups, Suns point guard Eric Bledsoe has led the defensive effort to keep Cleveland's Kyrie Irving to 4-of-14 shooting, Portland's Damian Lillard to 6-of-22 shooting and Washington's John Wall to 5-of-16 shooting.

"Eric's very good at getting over screens," Hornacek said. "He's strong enough that he can take a little bump and still get around it and still get back to his guy. That's been a key for us to beat some of these top teams — for him to slow those guys down.
"
http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...uns-notebook-isaiah-thomas-pace-nba/22629151/

Let's see what he can do tonight! We have our hands full, Clay Thompson has been ridiculous lately. Chances are good that one of the splash bros will light us up.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Steve Kerr seems to be a good coach.

Coach of the Year probably.

I have watched a lot of Warriors games this season because I'm from the bay area their like my second favorite team and wow, the Warriors play the right way. They run, they shoot that thing well, their decent at passing and rebounding, their great at scoring and their great at defending. Its really fun to watch GSW play.

The Warriors lead the NBA in offensive and defensive field goal percentage.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...preview-suns-warriors-orange-slices/22655689/
^ that is just amazing. They don't focus on just one aspect of the floor, they focus on both offense and defense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just read somewhere that Alvin Gentry runs the Warriors offense. Maybe it was on this board! LOL. Kerr seems to be in the right place at the right time at least.

Talking about being in the right place at the right, this applies to former Suns senior vice president of basketball operations David Griffin as well.

FutureSuperstar

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm really sensing a win tonight - At some pt., they've got to break through and beat a tough team on the road ... Why not tonight ?:)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really sensing a win tonight - At some pt., they've got to break through and beat a tough team on the road ... Why not tonight ?:)

Hope you're right but after back to back losses, the Warriors can probably answer your question for you.

Steve

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would like the Suns chances if they were playing at home. Playing at Oracle Arena is no joke.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ben York ‏@bjyork 2m2 minutes ago
@Suns 16-6 (.727) in last 22 games - .727 winning % is 3rd-best in @NBA over this span, trailing ATL (22-1, .957) & GS (15-5, .750).

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But its only because all our games were easy. They don't count for real wins.

FutureSuperstar

Veteran
Reaction score
Hope you're right but after back to back losses, the Warriors can probably answer your question for you.

Steve

I see what you're saying. It'll definitely be improbable, but again - At some pt., the Suns must do the improbable and beat a tough team on the road if they want to make some noise and/or make the PO's. With the odds stacked against them tonight, if they can pull out a win - It will be a HUGE confidence builder ...

They must play as a team though - I am fearful they'll be a bit too much hero ball - we'll see.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Len is awesome on defense early. He needs to stay out of foul problems tonight.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
OKC lost tonight so if we lose, we won't lose ground. If we win, we're in even better position.

Win-win

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Plumlee comes into the game and the Warriors go on a run.

I don't get it, I thought Wright was acquired to replace Plumlee?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OKC lost tonight so if we lose, we won't lose ground. If we win, we're in even better position.

Win-win

However, New Orleans is only two games behind in the loss column.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wright is playing well for the Suns.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The team that we need to worry about is NOP. We had better get on the stick and try to catch SAS.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not able to get the box score stats from ESPN. I wonder if part of it is down.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marcus with a "T" off the bench.