Suns fans worst nightmare

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Well it happened.....We all had our chests puffed out the last three years beating the hated Lakers two years in a row in the playoffs. Dreaming of rings and being considered more then once to be the favorties. Sure we would get worried after being down 2 -0 at home in '05 or after Bynum would have a good game. But we will be okay we thought. We got Nash and Amare and now....Shaq!

And yet its happened. Now we are spiraling back to irrelevance as the Lakers - the freaking Lakers - after one year together are closer to getting a ring then we ever were in the Nash era. Not only that but they don't even have Bynum back. What the hell is this team going to be like once he comes back and playing well?

I'll tell you what with they are with that coach and #24. A Dynasty.

We lost our best chance to get one against those guys and now depending on who we hire are playing for #2 in the division. F**** Lakers. At least Red Sox fans got a couple rings out of this no matter what happens from here.

All we got is that damn picture of that empty trophy case that gets paraded in front of us.

Sigh:(

Just venting I guess in preperation for Game 3 night between Lakers/Spurs

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The Lakers might very well win the title this year, but there is no reason whatsoever to start throwing the word "dynasty" out there. They have to win at least one championship to even be a potential dynasty.

We've seen the Spurs down like this but they don't get swept. It just doesn't happen.

The only bad thing is that this board is so pro-Lakers nowadays, it's virtually unbearable.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Well it happened.....We all had our chests puffed out the last three years beating the hated Lakers two years in a row in the playoffs. Dreaming of rings and being considered more then once to be the favorties. Sure we would get worried after being down 2 -0 at home in '05 or after Bynum would have a good game. But we will be okay we thought. We got Nash and Amare and now....Shaq!

And yet its happened. Now we are spiraling back to irrelevance as the Lakers - the freaking Lakers - after one year together are closer to getting a ring then we ever were in the Nash era. Not only that but they don't even have Bynum back. What the hell is this team going to be like once he comes back and playing well?

I'll tell you what with they are with that coach and #24. A Dynasty.

We lost our best chance to get one against those guys and now depending on who we hire are playing for #2 in the division. F**** Lakers. At least Red Sox fans got a couple rings out of this no matter what happens from here.

All we got is that damn picture of that empty trophy case that gets paraded in front of us.

Sigh:(

Just venting I guess in preperation for Game 3 night between Lakers/Spurs

Ok, get some serious booze to swill and a huge napkin to cry on and think about this:

If we would have kept KT and thus kept those 2 first round draft picks we gave up to to cut his salary, we could have countered the lakers offer for paul gasol with:

KT, 2008 Suns pick, 2010 suns pick, #15 ATL pick

So obviously unless stern was involved we would have ended up with a lineup of:

Nash, Bell, Marion, Amare, Gasol

Instead we ended up with KT on the spurs and Gasol on the lakers. KT ending up on the spurs is basically the cherry on top of the laker nightmare.

It sucks that suns fans have to now suffer for robert sarvers sins of ultimate stupidity. He has literally dropped a 1000LB weight on this franchise by making such stupid, cheap, misguided, and just flat out deplorable moves.

But of course he will fix things, right? Fix them by raising ticket prices next year and selling the ATL pick in the draft.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Or just think how sweet it would taste if the Lakers end up being knocked out...

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
wow, its seriously getting OLD bringing up KT, draft picks and spilled milk in every single thread.:rolleyes:

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
The Spurs looked awful in their first two games with the Hornets, so I'm not sure this series is over yet. Given a choice between whether I hate the Spurs more than the Lakers; I'll pass. The Spurs are the more recent target, but a lifetime of hate of all LA teams (I'm from San Francisco) is hard to break.

Overall, I'd say my hatred of the way the Spurs play is certainly stronger than that of the Lakers. Their defensive style is all about grabbing, pushing, flopping, and flat out fouling but then being the only team that can publicly complain about the calls without being T-ed up. The Spurs "physical style" seems to go all the way toward trying to injure opponents, which is well beyond the pale.

So while the special treatment of Kobe gets on my nerves, I hate the idea of sending the message that the Spurs style is the way to win in the NBA.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
No kidding... it is difficult to visit the forum these days. It looks like a freakin' Lakers board.

I've been saying this for weeks. If I was moderator I'd ban em all. If I wanted to hear other fans point of view I'd go to their board. I'm here to discuss the Suns with Suns fans.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
The Laker fans don't bother me at all. Its the "Suns fans" rooting for the Lakers that deserve lemon juice in their eye.

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Ok, get some serious booze to swill and a huge napkin to cry on and think about this:

If we would have kept KT and thus kept those 2 first round draft picks we gave up to to cut his salary, we could have countered the lakers offer for paul gasol with:

Instead we ended up with KT on the spurs and Gasol on the lakers. KT ending up on the spurs is basically the cherry on top of the laker nightmare.

It sucks that suns fans have to now suffer for robert sarvers sins of ultimate stupidity. He has literally dropped a 1000LB weight on this franchise by making such stupid, cheap, misguided, and just flat out deplorable moves.

But of course he will fix things, right? Fix them by raising ticket prices next year and selling the ATL pick in the draft.

There's always something. Coin flips, Mario Elie, Joe Johnson's face.

Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda.....

I just wanted to take this chance to point out the Suns franschise from Nash all the way up to Sarver blew another golden opportunity to bring the team its first title.

I'm not pro Lakers - I'm just really frustrated....

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

Or Nash, Bell, the tandem of Hill and Diaw, Amare and Kevin Garnett.

The Suns closest window of opportunity came with Cotton coaching and the Chuckster in Phoenix.

And now, we let a full-blown opportunity go by. It's frustrating to think of what might have been.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
"We'll be fine.....come on....let's go guys!....We're better than they are.....we just need to play better......let's go!........come on....we've just got to make our shot's......we'll be fine....."
You must be registered for see images attach
FAIL

Texsun

Reaction score

The Laker trade worked because Memphis wanted an expiring contract and had almost nothing to do with acquiring draft picks or young talent. Kurt Thomas' contract runs through next year, while Kwame's concludes this year and is 1.5 million more.

Memphis' trade of Gasol was a salary dump and the Lakers were rewarded for their terrible contract with Kwame.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score

The Laker trade worked because Memphis wanted an expiring contract and had almost nothing to do with acquiring draft picks or young talent. Kurt Thomas' contract runs through next year, while Kwame's concludes this year and is 1.5 million more.

First, as YJGS above said, KT's contract is over this season. Second, if draft picks and young talent had nothing to do with it on memphis part, why did they take TWO DRAFT PICKS from the lakers?! They could have easily declined the draft picks and just did a player/salary swap. Young talent, usually draft picks, ALWAYS has something to do with it when you are rebuilding. They would have taken our offer and not looked back at the lakers.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
They would have taken our offer and not looked back at the lakers.

The Suns' offer would have been stronger in every way, but that doesn't mean that the Lakers would have taken it. Jerry West was clearly behind the deal; the Grizzlies could easily have found a better package had they looked, but they wanted to help the Lakers out.

But also, adding Gasol would mean more long-term salary, so the Suns would never have pursued him in the first place.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
The Suns' offer would have been stronger in every way, but that doesn't mean that the Lakers would have taken it. Jerry West was clearly behind the deal; the Grizzlies could easily have found a better package had they looked, but they wanted to help the Lakers out.

But also, adding Gasol would mean more long-term salary, so the Suns would never have pursued him in the first place.

That and I don't see this ownership group really making a player like Gasol a priority, he has very little appeal to the average fan, as opposed to a a player like Shaq, where all the investors know who he is and probably couldn't wait to bring their kids into to see him.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
wow, its seriously getting OLD bringing up KT, draft picks and spilled milk in every single thread.:rolleyes:

Maybe we can come up with a term like DITTOS, or Dittoheads like Rush Limbaugh people use to identify themselves without having to restate all the issues over and over again! ;)

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
That's what I thought but someone on the board on another thread pointed out that Jerry West had left Grizzlies before this trade. :shrug:

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score

That is complete BS. Jerry West was not the GM of Memphis and actually left there on bad terms with the owner because they didnt see eye to eye on the direction of the club. The memphis GM has already explained this in detail. They wanted the largest expiring contract that expired at the end of year. They are following Portlands 5 year plan of ditching salaries and aquiring picks. With their crappy record they will get quality lotto picks and have the cap space and picks to possibly go after a superstar not unlike how boston did.

It is also well known that Gasol was on the trading block for at least a year. Chicago was actively talking with Memphis so you can save the upcomming "they didnt even entertain other offers" BS as well.

The Jerry West conspiricy BS is nothing more than sour grapes. No matter how much its explained, by West, the owners etc..... you conspiricy guys just don't grasp it.

Last edited: