Suns get Aaron Brooks

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yes Chaplin America, the world is going to end! And there is nothing you can do to stop it!

Muhahahahah!!!

I have already formed my Brotherhood of Evil Haters and it will be your DOOM!

Why are mods allowed to do this but nobody else is?

The fact that you ignored the rest of the post speaks VOLUMES.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can accept that the Suns organization doesn't value draft picks. This I knew.

I can not accept that the Suns organization feels that Nash, Lopez, and a #1 pick have the same value as the Mormon version of JJ Reddick.

I can accept that they didn't value draft picks. I was hoping that the new management group would understand how important they are not just in building a team but in keeping your fan base interested.

I don't put much faith in this current Nash rumor but I like Fredette's game much more than I ever liked Reddicks. I have no idea if he can actually play the point at the NBA level but he could end up being special if he can make that transition.

Steve

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are mods allowed to do this but nobody else is?

The fact that you ignored the rest of the post speaks VOLUMES.

Yes only mods are allowed to call people Haters, un-watchers of basketball, and ridiculous.

You have unraveled our master plan. Soon we will crush Sarver and there is nothing you can do to stop it!

Muhahahahah!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yes only mods are allowed to call people Haters, un-watchers of basketball, and ridiculous.

You have unraveled our master plan. Soon we will crush Sarver and there is nothing you can do to stop it!

Muhahahahah!

I never called you a specific name, Chris, and if you don't think there are haters on this board, you haven't been on here very much.

Instead, you become totally juvenile and ignore the discussion simply because you want to call me Chaplin America. Which of course, doesn't make any sense, but to each his own.

You don't like the trade, fine. But I find your reasoning to be flawed and instead of trying to prove your point you go on the attack.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chap, you were spoken to as you spoke to everyone else when you jumped on this thread. You were flat out insulting and pretty much called anyone who didn't agree with you ignorant. I actually wasn't attacking you, just giving you a nickname.

Analogy Explained:

Captain America is a true believer. A super hero who defends America no matter what.

Chaplin America is like the Suns version of it.

I don't think it is insulting. I (and a few others who have PMed me) thought it was clever.

I could have said: Lighten Up Chaplin but Stripes might be before your time.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns philosophy is to scout the NBA for talent and not necessarily rely on the draft. I read this somewhere, I believe azcentral, awhile back. This is why Lance Blanks was brought on-board. I really, really like the NBA draft but the Suns apparently do not feel this is the best way to acquire a major talent. I can't argue too much with this strategy if the Suns are not heavily committed to scouting otherwise. The Suns scouting has been terrible for years.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I would be all over that. CP3 as the next great Suns PG??? Sign me up.

Top-tier players like CP3 are looking to join other top-tier players in what seems to be a league where only 4-6 teams are relevant and the other squads are just fodder. It started with Boston when Garnett and Allen joined Boston. Then LeBron and Bosh go to Miami. Melo gets traded to NY who has Stoudemire. So on and so forth.

You dont hear about CP3 or Howard going to teams like Utah or New Orleans, but rather the Lakers and the Knicks. Parity in the NBA is already non-existent. In a few years, IMO, it will be so bad that it will feel like there are only 4 teams in the league, to the point where the talks about contracting teams may become real. And the benefactors are teams in huge markets.

With that said, CP3 isnt going to be a Sun. Not in this lifetime.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns philosophy is to scout the NBA for talent and not necessarily rely on the draft. I read this somewhere, I believe azcentral, awhile back. This is why Lance Blanks was brought on-board. I really, really like the NBA draft but the Suns apparently do not feel this is the best way to acquire a major talent. I can't argue too much with this strategy if the Suns are not heavily committed to scouting otherwise. The Suns scouting has been terrible for years.

I miss the days when the Suns were guaranteed to steal a great player in the teens of a draft. Finley, Nash, Wesley Person, Marjele.

The last great Suns pick was Barbosa and that is debatable.

Edit: Actually the Suns last great pick was Stephen Jackson but we didn't keep him.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Top-tier players like CP3 are looking to join other top-tier players in what seems to be a league where only 4-6 teams are relevant and the other squads are just fodder. It started with Boston when Garnett and Allen joined Boston. Then LeBron and Bosh go to Miami. Melo gets traded to Stoudemire. So on and so forth.

You dont hear about CP3 or Howard going to teams like Utah or New Orleans, but rather the Lakers and the Knicks. Parity in the NBA is already non-existent. In a few years, IMO, it will be so bad that it will feel like there are only 4 teams in the league, to the point where the talks about contracting teams may become real. And the benefactors are teams in huge markets.

With that said, CP3 isnt going to be a Sun. Not in this lifetime.

I wouldn't count out the Suns. The Suns have a history of getting the best PG's in the league through trades. I think a sign and trade scenario involving the Suns is not out of the question.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Chap, you were spoken to as you spoke to everyone else when you jumped on this thread. You were flat out insulting and pretty much called anyone who didn't agree with you ignorant. I actually wasn't attacking you, just giving you a nickname.

Never called anyone ignorant. If you thought that, then you have a thin skin. There ARE haters (hell, we're all haters sometimes) and you are flying off the handle about this trade. I'm not surprised you're not happy with it (a lot of people aren't), I was more surprised that you were so hateful about it.

I could have said: Lighten Up Chaplin but Stripes might be before your time.
I'm probably older than you Chris, unfortunately, so no, Stripes is not before my time. :)

As for the trade itself, I'm ok with Dragic for Brooks. And I'm on the fence about Dragic and a pick for Brooks--at least we're guaranteed the better of the two picks, so with that in mind, I'm interested to see what Brooks can do since he seems to be a better fit in the kind of offense we run.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grant Hill apparently a fan and that helps address some of my concerns. I am really worried about a guy who walks out on his team during a game

I want to welcome Aaron Brooks to PHX. Great player and great guy.(Welcome aboard!)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I wouldn't count out the Suns. The Suns have a history of getting the best PG's in the league through trades. I think a sign and trade scenario involving the Suns is not out of the question.

Job #1 for this front office is improving the culture. We seem to have great chemistry most of the time, but our reputation is tarnished because of Sarver. Like him or hate him, there is a certain stigma surrounding him, and we have to overcome it if we're going to return to the glory days. And since he's probably not leaving anytime soon, it becomes an uphill battle--especially when Nash and Hill leave/retire.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I miss the days when the Suns were guaranteed to steal a great player in the teens of a draft. Finley, Nash, Wesley Person, Marjele.

Edit: Actually the Suns last great pick was Stephen Jackson but we didn't keep him.

Amare wasnt a good pick? :shrug:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare wasnt a good pick? :shrug:

He was an amazing pick up not a teens or later pick. Sorry I wasn't clear.

There was a day when the Suns could turn late round coal into a diamond about every other year.

Ceballos was late too right? Dumas?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A sadder way to put this. I trust the Cardinals in a draft more than the Suns. Maddening!

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
. . . --at least we're guaranteed the better of the two picks, so with that in mind, I'm interested to see what Brooks can do since he seems to be a better fit in the kind of offense we run.

The way I read it was that if the Suns sneek into the playoffs, HOU gets the Phoenix pick (better pick than ORL) since it is not a lottery pick. I don't think it's whichever pick is worse.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I can understand your feeling about the Suns neglecting scouting. It seems the Suns scouting has never been the same after the death of Dan Percudani. I don't suppose it will ever change so long as Sarver owns the team.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The way I read it was that if the Suns sneek into the playoffs, HOU gets the Phoenix pick (better pick than ORL) since it is not a lottery pick. I don't think it's whichever pick is worse.

Well if we make the playoffs, our pick won't be that great regardless anyway.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A sadder way to put this. I trust the Cardinals in a draft more than the Suns. Maddening!

Now this is getting really scary. ;)

If the Suns move Lopez as they did Clark and Dragic, this is an absolute confirmation as if it isn't apparent already. If the Suns can't draft, then I believe scouting NBA talent is their best bet.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I won't miss Dragic. The guy can't even dribble the ball to the front court. Every team in the league has been pressing him non stop.

I haven't seen Brooks a lot but I liked him when he was on SNL.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05