OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was cool!

I think the ball hit the very top edge of the backboard and swished through the net.

That would be hard to replicate under any condition.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the Suns need another big man and a point guard that are ready to play.

I wonder if Bud was thinking the same thing tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I came away thinking Oso would be OK as our third center. Impressed he could guard out to the three point line and get back to the paint.

If Oso could protect the rim, I would feel better about it. I'm not sure if he is there yet defensively. I do like his future.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
If Oso could protect the rim, I would feel better about it. I'm not sure if he is there yet defensively. I do like his future.
Question, from what little you have seen of him, and against summer league talent, do you think he's better than Eubanks?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question, from what little you have seen of him, and against summer league talent, do you think he's better than Eubanks?

IMO, Oso is not ready to play center at this level just yet, but he has the smarts to learn.

I don't think comparing him to Eubanks should be the standard.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
IMO, Oso is not ready to play center at this level just yet, but he has the smarts to learn.

I don't think comparing him to Eubanks should be the standard.
My point was, as raw as he is, and being the third center, he would be better than having Eubanks as the back up. Behind Plumlee, it gives Oso a way to develop while on the team. I still say you have to give these guys some minutes at the NBA level to help them develop. Any minutes at all they can play could help lessen the minutes of the veterans over a long season, which helps the team in the playoffs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My point was, as raw as he is, and being the third center, he would be better than having Eubanks as the back up. Behind Plumlee, it gives Oso a way to develop while on the team. I still say you have to give these guys some minutes at the NBA level to help them develop. Any minutes at all they can play could help lessen the minutes of the veterans over a long season, which helps the team in the playoffs.

My concern is, can Oso back up Nurkic or Plumlee if one is injured? At least the Suns have two similar centers in the rotation now.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Roddy has been absolutely garbage. Let 3 or 4 backdoor cuts for dunks/fouls behind him, turned the ball over constantly, blocked on 2 or 3 different shots and bricked the rest.

Nothing redeeming for him this game.
He's a clone of that other tight end we have. Can't remember his name. He waves towels.
Update: Ish Wainwright.

6 points from Dunn and Oso, 5 from Jalen Bridges... :shrug:

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found this highlight of Dunn playing defense.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On why Collin Gillespie is not playing in summer league, Suns assistant coach Vince Legarza addresses it.

By Duane Rankin, Arizona Republic:

Suns assistant Vince Legarza, who is head coach of the summer league team, addressed the matter after Saturday’s game.

Averaging 3.6 points last season, Gillespie did see action for Denver’s summer league team as a rookie out of Villanova.

“The timing on it,” Legarza said. “He’s here. He’s here in Vegas. He’s working every single day. He’s getting better, been working out with our coaching staff. We just thought it was best for him to get better a different way.”

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Why is Golden State oozing with talent (seemed like 10 deep) and Suns maybe have 2-3 somewhat playable players? What are they doing right?
They've already been playing awhile and actually won their previous summer league tournament. Make no mistake though, the Golden State Summer League Team still isn't an NBA team.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It’s a valid question nevertheless.
How many games have you seen the Warriors play outside of against the Suns -- who played for the first time and without a point guard?

Them beating us speaks more to how bad we were than how good they were. And it's summer league, where wins/losses don't matter at all.

I'd be more concerned with David Roddy's performance, the lack of rebounding and no floor general than I'd be about how good Golden State may or may not be.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How many games have you seen the Warriors play outside of against the Suns -- who played for the first time and without a point guard?

Them beating us speaks more to how bad we were than how good they were. And it's summer league, where wins/losses don't matter at all.

I'd be more concerned with David Roddy's performance, the lack of rebounding and no floor general than I'd be about how good Golden State may or may not be.
Yeah, maybe you are correct.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I miss you, Frank!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics