Suns v Bucks: Game Thread

NotaSunsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
dude - do you have a life? You're trolling... on a Friday night - it's bad enough to talk sports if you're a fan of the team on Friday night but that can SOMEWHAT be excused - on the left coast, it's still 9 and there's plenty of time to go out, but good lord, to troll on a Friday night? What kind of loser are you?

Yeah I'm definitely not as cool as any of you guys in here.:rolleyes:

Why do you guys always get so offended when somebody makes a valid point against your beloved Suns? It's called a conversation/debate, it something civilized adults can have without resulting in name calling. Here since you guys can't take any thing but positive feedback on your team hear we go:

Great game guys.:wave:

NotaSunsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
trust me, if youve read any of the posts here the past few weeks or days, youd realize how wrong that last sentence is

there are plenty of suns fans here that are dark siders

Good. Just trying to add something more to the conversation as an NBA fan than: "Stat was a beast tonight"

NotaSunsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well, thanks to the Mavs for beating the Kings tonight and knocking them behind us in the standings. As far as us beating a sub 500 team, we don't control the schedule and it's better than losing to a sub 500 team. If we did control the schedule, we wouldn't have started off our season with 3 sets of back to back games against playoff caliber teams (Lakers, Clippers, Utah, Clippers, SA, Dallas). A lot of teams would've started 1-5 with that schedule. The bottom line is we've won 7 of 8 and our only loss was to Utah (led by 10+) so we're getting better, but still not playing great yet.

Lets complain about back to back games in April and May, not the first few weeks of the season.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lets complain about back to back games in April and May, not the first few weeks of the season.

This doesn't make sense at all, The regular season ends April 17th and there are no back to back games in the playoffs. The Suns had the toughest schedule in the NBA through their 1st 10 games and ended up 4-6, while trying to work Amare back into the lineup. Let's look at those 6 losses...Lakers, Utah, Clippers, SA, Dallas, Utah.......those aren't bad teams to lose to and we had double digits leads in every game. The Suns still aren't playing very well, they're not playing complete games and aren't playing great defense, but they're getting better.

Last edited:

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
Good. Just trying to add something more to the conversation as an NBA fan than: "Stat was a beast tonight"

Perhaps a better approach to your strategy would be to offer more than a snarky "congrats on a win over a sub .500 team".

No one here minds talking about the weaknesses of the team, but bring something to the table first.

NotaSunsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This doesn't make sense at all, The regular season ends April 17th and there are no back to back games in the playoffs. The Suns had the toughest schedule in the NBA through their 1st 10 games and ended up 4-6, while trying to work Amare back into the lineup. Let's look at those 6 losses...Lakers, Utah, Clippers, SA, Dallas, Utah.......those aren't bad teams to lose to and we had double digits leads in every game. The Suns still aren't playing very well, they're not playing complete games and aren't playing great defense, but they're getting better.

Thanks for correcting me on when the season ends. I'm a Laker Fan so I'm not that familiar with what goes on in the regular season. See...for the Lakers the season for us usually starts in June.

But using the back to back excuse does not cut it this early in the season.

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
NotASunsFans says: It's not a bad thing to have an equalizer in this conversation. A different perspective makes for good conversation. Much better than just high fiving each other for an hour.

Please feel free to tell the board which team you hold allegiance to so that we may offer a similar perspective.

Dallas, perhaps? Dallasbasketball.com, maybe?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's not a bad thing to have an equalizer in this conversation. A different perspective makes for good conversation. Much better than just high fiving each other for an hour.

High fiving each other? You've obviously never been on this board...

NotaSunsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Perhaps a better approach to your strategy would be to offer more than a snarky "congrats on a win over a sub .500 team".

No one here minds talking about the weaknesses of the team, but bring something to the table first.

Yes that is a better approach than just giving everybody a team hug. Look bottom line the Suns are a good team. But stop thinking like the rest of the Suns front office by believing that just because you are scoring 120 a game that this means winning a championship. How about signing a guy that can actually play some defense.

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
Yes that is a better approach than just giving everybody a team hug. Look bottom line the Suns are a good team. But stop thinking like the rest of the Suns front office by believing that just because you are scoring 120 a game that this means winning a championship. How about signing a guy that can actually play some defense.

This **** has to be coming from a Maverick fan.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score

ok thanks

figures..a laker fan. too bad the fakers couldnt beat a no D suns team last year huh and yes, we are having better defensive games this year if you bothered to watch any of them. it just doesnt happen overnight.

Last edited:

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Lakers haven't played in June since 2003-2004 when Shaq was still on the team and you guys lost in 5 games to Detroit in the finals.

NotaSunsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Here's another bright idea: How about not blowing millions of dollars on a guy like Diaw(barbosa signing was good!) after one good season, outcasting one of the best players in the game like Shawn Marion. Yeah there's a thought, actually get a defender in here so we can get rid of the excuse: "We couldn't win because Kurt Thomas was hurt". When did he get good?

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score

I'm not asking for a hug, or thinking we'll win a championship by scoring 120/game, I'm just looking for something more substantive than a snarky comment. I'm all for debate. Guess what? Suns fans know we suck on defense. We have for a while. That's not news here. Like I said, bring something to the table.

NotaSunsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Lakers haven't played in June since 2003-2004 when Shaq was still on the team and you guys lost in 5 games to Detroit in the finals.

And when was the last time you played in.........on second though nevermind you guys never won anything. My only question is, how do you go from just barely beating the Lakers and Clippers(for crying out loud!) to winning a championship? And please don't say, "because now we have Kurt Thomas back", we all know how useless that guy is.

Nash

Reaction score
See...for the Lakers the season for us usually starts in June.

and ends 1 day later..
till june, you guys spend every min chanting 'MVP' every time one of your players hits a FT.

and how dumb should you be to think a lousy one liner like that is what constitutes the start of a conversation.
btw, just so you get used to 'conversations' here, we tend to think of a basketball game as being played by 5 players/team.

Last edited:

NotaSunsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The only season that starts for the Lakers in June anymore is fishing season.

Your right, they are not the team they once were. They are has beens....but the Suns never were.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
And when was the last time you played in.........on second though nevermind you guys never won anything. My only question is, how do you go from just barely beating the Lakers and Clippers(for crying out loud!) to winning a championship? And please don't say, "because now we have Kurt Thomas back", we all know how useless that guy is.

theres this other guy named amare.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Actually getting Amare back will have a bigger impact that KT, but KT definately helps against the slower, bigger C's in the league. Most fans of other teams don't think KT is very good, but he can usually guard an opposing big without needing double team help, which is huge for our defense. When we're constantly double teaming and scrambling then our defense goes to crap. He also usually forces the opposing center to catch the ball farther out from the basket.

NotaSunsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
and ends 15 days later..

and how dumb should you be to think a lousy one liner like that is what constitutes the start of a conversation.
btw, just so you get used to 'conversations' here, we tend to think of a basketball game as being played by 5 players/team.

Games played by 5 players on the team??? You can tell you guys just listen to a bunch of local TV and radio programs. I watch ALL the Laker games so I can tell you exactly what goes on in ALL the games. How about being objective and not listen to everything you hear on the radio and TV. I know you guys all hate Kobe here. That's all I've been hearing from you guys since i moved here in 99. Weren't you guys in the running for Kobe when he became a free agent? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Went to the game tonight. The bucks have a lot of Captains.

I see the lakers are starting to grip, movin on up.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
Games played by 5 players on the team??? You can tell you guys just listen to a bunch of local TV and radio programs. I watch ALL the Laker games so I can tell you exactly what goes on in ALL the games. How about being objective and not listen to everything you hear on the radio and TV. I know you guys all hate Kobe here. That's all I've been hearing from you guys since i moved here in 99. Weren't you guys in the running for Kobe when he became a free agent? Yeah, that's what I thought.

that was before the rape...rape allegation i mean

lakers look good this year so far. will definately be more exciting when suns/lakers play during the season again.

mribnik

Reaction score
Am I missing something here? Why is a Laker fan making sarcastic comments about the Suns beating a "sub .500 team" despite the fact that that sub .500 team just beat the Lakers a few days ago?