Suns v Bucks: Game Thread

mribnik

Reaction score
That comment about chat rooms is just nasty. Lets please not even take this conversation there.

With that being said, I signed up to this board thinking we can get a decent two sided conversation going. From some of the responses on this board I know that is possible. Any way, not trying to get people all lit up just trying to say basically the Suns are a great team, but they have some work to do before we can call them champions.

Of course they do, and that's why we as fans celebrate when we see good things happen on the court (things that the team needed to improve upon), whether it's against a sub par team or not.

I appreciate anyone who wants to come here and chat, but if your intention was to get a decent two-sided conversation going, perhaps you should have went about it a different way.

You're a Laker fan on a Suns board and your first post was a sarcastic comment downplaying the Suns win tonight, ironically against a team the Lakers couldn't beat a few days ago. That was pathetic. The bolded line above would've been much more appropriate IMO and I'm quite certain everyone on this board would agree with you.

Nobody on this board believes that this team is Championship caliber right now. However, many of us feel this team has the necessary pieces to win a Championship, and while the season hasn't been perfect so far, we're playing well after starting slow and with each game there are more positives to look at.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey idiot clippers were a much better team last year with Kaman, Brand, and Casell they could easily beat the fakers in the playoffs this year

NotaSunsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That's not true. All they have to do is get Shaq back, oh wait...

Yeah, we really need Shaq...........injured......he is done, and the Lakers saved 20 million over the next two years by getting rid of him. We would not have won anything with him.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yeah shaq only led the lakers to 3 titles and kobe has done what for them oh yeah thats right nothing expect get in legal issues.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
Exactly you beat the Lakers and the Clippers. Here's a news bulletin: they were not good year. Lakers made the playoffs by what 2 or 3 games. And the Clippers are the Clippers....enough said.

so now we dont even get credit for beating teams in the playoffs? sure buddy. just go back to your laker buddies and reminesce about the old days when the lakers were good.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
If convicted, Bryant faces four years to life in prison or probation and supervision in a sex-offender treatment program that could last 20 years to life.

Bryant is a five-time All Star in the NBA.

He was in Colorado to have arthroscopic surgery on his right knee.

Bryant's wife Vanessa, who gave birth to the couple's first child, Natalia Diamante Bryant, in January, released a statement.

"I know that my husband has made a mistake - the mistake of adultery," she said.

"He and I will have to deal with that within our marriage, and we will do so. He is not a criminal."

Lakers suck.

Suns rule.

Kobe is a rapist.

NotaSunsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Of course they do, and that's why we as fans celebrate when we see good things happen on the court (things that the team needed to improve upon), whether it's against a sub par team or not.

I appreciate anyone who wants to come here and chat, but if your intention was to get a decent two-sided conversation going, perhaps you should have went about it a different way.

You're a Laker fan on a Suns board and your first post was a sarcastic comment downplaying the Suns win tonight, ironically against a team the Lakers couldn't beat a few days ago. That was pathetic. The bolded line above would've been much more appropriate IMO and I'm quite certain everyone on this board would agree with you.

Nobody on this board believes that this team is Championship caliber right now. However, many of us feel this team has the necessary pieces to win a Championship, and while the season hasn't been perfect so far, we're playing well after starting slow and with each game there are more positives to look at.

You know what, you make good point(no sarcasm intended). Sometimes I just need to make too loud of an entrance. Any how, it was still a pleasure, I will tone it down next time. But be ready and willing to get started with some real chat, bring the strong stuff and thing will be alright. Good luck next game.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
You know what, you make good point(no sarcasm intended). Sometimes I just need to make too loud of an entrance. Any how, it was still a pleasure, I will tone it down next time. But be ready and willing to get started with some real chat, bring the strong stuff and thing will be alright. Good luck next game.

Lakers suck.

Suns rule.

Kobe is a rapist.

Go away.

No one cares about your opinion.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well for those of you who are cardinals fans and suns fans who think we have trolls here dont go to the espn boards because thats all their is over their not even worth going to imo.

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score

It's all good. Here's a little humorous olive brach for you...

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/55879

NotaSunsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well for those of you who are cardinals fans and suns fans who think we have trolls here dont go to the espn boards because thats all their is over their not even worth going to imo.

Wait a minute, I actually wanted the Cardinals to have a good season. But lets not get into talking about that, think happy thoughts....

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
The Lakers Rule.

The Yankees Rule.

The Cowboys Rule.

Sincerely,

A guy living in Phoenix who cheers on typical bandwagon teams and trolls local internet message boards and then has the arrogance to say "But be ready and willing to get started with some real chat, bring the strong stuff and thing (sic) will be alright. Good luck next game."

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
No those weak comments after losing games 2 -4 in last years playoffs. Crying about foul calls. Your upset about officiating fine, make your comments and get over it. Don't complain about it until game 7.

Really? Because I recall him being quite gracious after being royally screwed over in game 4 in L.A. last year...

Was this what stroked your ire(Game 4 ):

Game 4 Quotes Nash -

(On Kobe Heroics)
“It was amazing. We did everything we could to win the game. We made some crucial mistakes, but some of it was bad luck. In hind sight there wasn’t much we could do.”

“We still had chances to win… It was obviously tough. I think everyone is like that wasn’t meant to be. So many things went against us. So many things that just don’t happen on a regular basis happened in succession. We feel like we played great, but now our backs are totally against the wall, so we have nothing to lose.”
(On his ailing back):

“Obviously I wasn’t the same after I sat out at the end of the third. Maybe I sat out a little too long and it locked up on me…I have been struggling with it for a little while now. I tried to fight through it.

Or this (Game 5 )

I think offensively we played our best game and I think scoring 100-plus points is nice for once. I think we were better defensively tonight we were just solid there."

(On the physical game between Raja and Kobe)

"It is tough. It is a very fine line. Everyone on television asks for more physicality and all the critics say we aren’t tough enough, and then push comes to shove and now you want to say it is disrespectful to the game. It is self perpetuating and self-fulfilling. A lot of people want to see that and it is a very fine line, and it is very difficult to put so much pressure on people to be so physical and to stand up for their team. The game gets heated... It is a very fine line and I think a lot of guys make plays that they regret. Like I said, it gets hyped up and you expect someone to make the right decision every time and it is not going to happen.

"The other thing is inequality. In this series, we haven’t had many calls go our way and they are going to highlight Raja’s play against Kobe, but there has been other plays that I don’t understand. What's the difference between this play and Kwame Brown elbowing Raja or standing over Boris, or Kobe pushing Boris into Smush Parker? I don’t understand what the real difference is in all these plays. But they are going to single out this play because it is against Kobe and that is just a shame."

(On Boris Diaw's game)
"Boris is great. He's played really well and tonight he was just outstanding. I think I said earlier in the series, it was a matter of time that he was going to get the feel of the playoffs. He has tremendous skill level. He is asserting himself and taking advantage of situations, and really making a name for himself in this series.”

You're right, that whiny Nash... Way, way out of line.

Go look through the rest of Nash's quotes from when they lost. Find me the quotes where he b*tches. There aren't any. He was nothing but cordial in the losses. And other than the game 5 win, where he was trying to make his case why Raja shouldn't be suspened, he was civil through and through.

Last edited:

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
the only thing i hate more than the lakers are laker fans. no one wants to talk to you about anything.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Here's another bright idea: How about not blowing millions of dollars on a guy like Diaw(barbosa signing was good!) after one good season, outcasting one of the best players in the game like Shawn Marion. Yeah there's a thought, actually get a defender in here so we can get rid of the excuse: "We couldn't win because Kurt Thomas was hurt". When did he get good?

Around the same time Smush Parker became a legit NBA PG and Kwame Brown became worth more than WNBA benchwarmers..

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute, I actually wanted the Cardinals to have a good season. But lets not get into talking about that, think happy thoughts....

This account of yours has been perma banned for trolling.

I have found your regular account and we moderators will be discussing what to do with it. As you are aware as a long time ASFN user, having multiple accounts on this board is grounds for removal of both accounts.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, we really need Shaq...........injured......he is done, and the Lakers saved 20 million over the next two years by getting rid of him. We would not have won anything with him.
Whatever *******. The Heat won a title and the lakers still support a piece of crap like Kobe . Hey , I got a turd in the toilet you might want to support. Freakin Chimo

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Guys, please don't make me lock this thread.
How can I keep my mouth shut this topic . I have never seen such a piece of garbage like Kobe in my life. It makes me even more sick to watch NBA fans support this guy. I can't believe we are letting fans of this guy post here .

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The not nice comment by Aussie Card was me editing his post because it had profanity in it. He isn't a Kobe fan if that is what you mean.

In any event, there are Kobe fans on every message board. He is a polarizing figure in basketball. Just shrug and move on.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The not nice comment by Aussie Card was me editing his post because it had profanity in it. He isn't a Kobe fan if that is what you mean.

In any event, there are Kobe fans on every message board. He is a polarizing figure in basketball. Just shrug and move on.
OK then .

Last edited: