Suns v Bucks: Game Thread

OP
OP
H

HooverDam

Reaction score
arg, Amare fouls out again. Thats the one thing keeping me from saying "Amare's back," he's been in foul trouble a lot this year, just a bit sloppy and out of control at times. No worries though, Patterson just fouled out too.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
arg, Amare fouls out again. Thats the one thing keeping me from saying "Amare's back," he's been in foul trouble a lot this year, just a bit sloppy and out of control at times. No worries though, Patterson just fouled out too.

he's playing like he did when he was a rookie. hopefully he'll knock the rust out by January or the All-star break and be back to the dominating force we need him to be.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
wow..what a job by marion in the 4th tonight...great D and great FT's

someone needs to tell freakin diaw to take some shots

Ciani

Registered
Reaction score
Great clutch defensive plays by Marion. And not missing the FTs helped a lot too... :thumbup:

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
again - any win right now is a good win and the fact that we've strung together 8 of 9 while still looking like relative crap gives me hope that if we DO actually come together, this team will be frightening. Still a long ways to go, but at least we're a loooooooong ways from 1-5.

Nice to see Marion have a good 4th, Amare with another double double and the ability not to lose a trap game after a big win on Wednesday.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
woohoo..another marion interview

imthefastesttalkerever...youknowwhatimsayin

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh - and 15 games into the season, I can now see why Hawks fans hated Boris so much. Seriously, his play this season has just been abysmal. If he ever figured out what to do out there with the new team, we'd be unstoppable. I don't know if that's gonna happen though... very frustrating.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
again - any win right now is a good win and the fact that we've strung together 8 of 9 while still looking like relative crap gives me hope that if we DO actually come together, this team will be frightening. Still a long ways to go, but at least we're a loooooooong ways from 1-5.

Nice to see Marion have a good 4th, Amare with another double double and the ability not to lose a trap game after a big win on Wednesday.

Didnt I tell you after the utah game not to worry about our regular season win total, that we'd win our 54-54. I'll up that to 56-59. The clippers look bad (i told you tim thomas wouldnt help, in the bill simmons chat they're asking whether he's secretly still playing for the suns). We're second in the pacific, 1 behind the lakers, who've played 342 home games. We're fine in the regular season.

The issue is whether we can play some consistent defense, and maybe hold on to some damn leads( which may mean we have to change tempo). Those are things I worried about at 1-5, and 9-6. That's what I'm watching this year, we'll get our wins.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didnt I tell you after the utah game not to worry about our regular season win total, that we'd win our 54-54. I'll up that to 56-59. The clippers look bad (i told you tim thomas wouldnt help, in the bill simmons chat they're asking whether he's secretly still playing for the suns). We're second in the pacific, 1 behind the lakers, who've played 342 home games. We're fine in the regular season.

The issue is whether we can play some consistent defense, and maybe hold on to some damn leads( which may mean we have to change tempo). Those are things I worried about at 1-5, and 9-6. That's what I'm watching this year, we'll get our wins.

yup - I actually looked at the schedule and I'm figuring 57 wins - unbelievably. But you're right - we'll get our regular season wins, and I like you am still worried about our defense.

As far as TT and the Clips - holy cow has that team just fallen apart since their 6-2 start. There's a whole lot more wrong with that team than TT though. The two guys who made major strides last year have not only not improved, but Kaman and the Afro-kid have just been HORRENDOUS this year... and Sam is in his second year, where things just seem to sour. Not to mention Elton Brand is back to being Elton Brand (a function of poor play from Afro-kid and Sam's inevitable second year injury problems/malaise). Seriously, the excuse that Brand is tired because of off-season play is a freaking joke - he wasn't the only one out there and it's not like the guy's in his 30's. Hell, Barkley had his best season ever after the Olympics, as did most of those HOFers on that team.

Nash

Reaction score
HAHAHA!!! Raja had 3 blocked shots tonight....

YESSS! raja for DPOY! :p

I don't like the fact that Nash is playing big minutes. he's averaging close to 37 per game -- a career high. Can't wait for Jalen to get used to the team so he can give Nash some time off; once we get a few wins and can afford some experiments.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Barbosa made so many terrible plays tonight!

I can't stand watching him make the same ******* mistakes 5 times per game. When he runs the point he makes dumb passes for turnovers and when he's the shooting guard he runs people over for charges.

20 points and 5 turnovers sucks.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Shall we call LB, Chokosa. What is his deal during crunch time, can't buy a shot, turns the ball over, and makes dumb fouls. That's the only part of his game that really needs work.

NotaSunsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Congratulations on another great win over a sub 500 team.

NotaSunsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm here to contribute some constructive reality. If you can't handle it maybe you should be the one to leave and go the the library check out and read the book "The Brighter Side of Life" by Larry Smallenberger.

NotaSunsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's not a bad thing to have an equalizer in this conversation. A different perspective makes for good conversation. Much better than just high fiving each other for an hour.

phxrising

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on another great win over a sub 500 team.

Why thank you, we will gladly take all available and then precede to steamroll the winning teams as well.

Please do stop by more often with all your vast BB knowledge and enlighten us some more as the season progresses.

Have a wonderful evening!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm here to contribute some constructive reality. If you can't handle it maybe you should be the one to leave and go the the library check out and read the book "The Brighter Side of Life" by Larry Smallenberger.

dude - do you have a life? You're trolling... on a Friday night - it's bad enough to talk sports if you're a fan of the team on Friday night but that can SOMEWHAT be excused - on the left coast, it's still 9 and there's plenty of time to go out, but good lord, to troll on a Friday night? What kind of loser are you?

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
It's not a bad thing to have an equalizer in this conversation. A different perspective makes for good conversation. Much better than just high fiving each other for an hour.

trust me, if youve read any of the posts here the past few weeks or days, youd realize how wrong that last sentence is

there are plenty of suns fans here that are dark siders

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, thanks to the Mavs for beating the Kings tonight and knocking them behind us in the standings. As far as us beating a sub 500 team, we don't control the schedule and it's better than losing to a sub 500 team. If we did control the schedule, we wouldn't have started off our season with 3 sets of back to back games against playoff caliber teams (Lakers, Clippers, Utah, Clippers, SA, Dallas). A lot of teams would've started 1-5 with that schedule. The bottom line is we've won 7 of 8 and our only loss was to Utah (led by 10+) so we're getting better, but still not playing great yet.

By the way, I'm assuming you're a Dallas fan so you really shouldn't talk because a lot of the teams they've beat during their winning streak have been sub 500 teams: Suns (were 1-4 at the time), Portland, Chicago, Memphis, Memphis, Charlotte, Washington, Minnesota & Toronto. Even the Hornets are 8-8 now. It's still an impressive win streak for Dallas, but how many Suns fans are going to your messageboard to complain about your easy schedule?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan