Suns vs. Magic

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Another exciting evening of Suns basketball!

This one is on TNT for all the out-of-towners. :thumbup:

I liked the player rotation the other night. I expect it will be expanded a little tonight. I liked Penny as a backup point guard and Steph coming back in as a 2 guard for a stretch.

MORE ZARKO! and lots of postups for Amare.

GO SUNS!

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Suns by 45!

SUNS RULE!

Slin, I'm glad youre keeping with the tradition! If I dont see that line in every game thread this season, IM going to be disappointed.

Now, all I have to do is saty up until 1:30AM EST and Ill get to see the whole game!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Yeah, but in New York, that's like dinner time.

You mean by the time the restaurant actually serves you, right?

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
I just listened to FJs interview on KTAR pre game show.

First off Scott is starting. The reason being DeClerq is coming off the bench for them, and White will match up better with him. Makes sense to me.

He also said the starter for the center spot will rotate between Williams and White depending on matchups, with Jake always first off the bench for his energy.

Secondly, he clarified his new deal with lineups. He will stick to a smaller rotation, but they will be subbed in due to matchups and certain situations.

The only player he sat down to tell them when he will come in was Penny.

Surprisingly, that move may be acceptable by people on both sides of the fence. It allows subs based on the game, but gives our most important bench player an idea of his role (and we all know how much Penny needs that).

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Originally posted by thegrahamcrackr
He also said the starter for the center spot will rotate between Williams and White depending on matchups, with Jake always first off the bench for his energy.
Yeah but wouldn't it be great to see us set the match-up, rather than react to it?

Playing match-up is playing catch-up. You're never going to become a serious contender that way.

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You know, Stephon Marbury has such a tough job. He's this team's point guard, and so he has no choice but to set up the offense, get other guys going, lead the team, etc. But we can't win unless he scores the ball. Frank Johnson is right that he has to pass the ball more than he has, but it's a really fine line between passing too little and shooting too little.

But as we're seeing early in this game, Stephon is a special player. The things he does on the court, the things he makes look easy, are so much tougher than it looks. He's a special basketball player.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does Declercq always work the Suns. Zarko really knows how to play.

On a sidenote, I missed the last few games because I was in a head-on collision. Luckily I am not paralyzed or anything but my new car was decimated. It would brighten my day a bit if the Suns would beat up on Orlando.

:-(

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are the Phoenix Suns double-teaming? They should be fine if they would just play a straight up man-to-man defense. Shawn Marion and Joe Johnson are solid defenders. They aren't going to stop Tracy McGrady, but I don't think he would go wild on either one of them either. Instead these double teams are leading to wide-open shots all over the place.

Joe Mama

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by tobiazz
Is it just me, or does Declercq always work the Suns. Zarko really knows how to play.

On a sidenote, I missed the last few games because I was in a head-on collision. Luckily I am not paralyzed or anything but my new car was decimated. It would brighten my day a bit if the Suns would beat up on Orlando.

:-(

What? You have something against paralyzed people? :)

It's good to hear that you are OK, but I'm sorry about your car.

Joe Mama

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What? You have something against paralyzed people? :)

lol. No, but being in a stretcher for an hour or two made me realize how much it would suck.

dyle_ph1

Registered
Reaction score
Cabarkapa is definitely a keeper. This guy is very skilled offesively and all he needs to do is settle down a little bit on defense. Adding a couple pounds wouldn't hur too :)

What a difference Cabarkapa makes on rotations. The SUns don't seem to be too small with their weird lineups because he adds 7 feet to the table as a 3 or 4.

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well, of all the guys taken in this past draft whose names rhyme with farko, blarko, tarko, and sharko, it looks like we got the best one.

I hear that other one has played 11 minutes in Detroit. Heh!

As an aside, of all the bad things said about Frank Johnson, one thing you gotta give him credit for is his communication skills. Before, it looked like Penny was going to give the Suns nothing, because he himself didn't know what he was going to get from the Suns, minutes wise. Frank sat down, had a talk with him, and now his energy is up, he is looking pretty good on defense (dare I say), and he just seems to want to play basketball. That's a credit to FJ, I'd have to say.

OP
OP
Chaz

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Zarko...Zarko...Zarko...Zarko...:)

Great basketball instincts.

Suns defense has been not so good so far.

Matt, You are right about Steph, he is a special player.

Glad to hear you are ok tobiazz, that is scarey stuff.

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Zarko...Zarko...Zarko...Zarko...

Great Basketball Instincts.

Yeah, you see that collision with TMac?

He went right for the legs.

You can't teach that. :p

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by tobiazz
lol. No, but being in a stretcher for an hour or two made me realize how much it would suck.

Did they have your head taped to a static board that whole time? I remember that was one of the worst things because the back of my head got so sore. Well, there was that and then not being able to move anymore. :)

Joe Mama

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Anyone else notice Doug Collins talks alot about stories he reads in the republic?

First the Zarko story, now the scott williams one.

Oh well, at least he keeps up to date on the Suns.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by matt_whitlock
Wait. Joe Mama, are you parylized?

Yep. So when you see some really strange and peculiar typos in my posts know that it is my voice recognition software.

The Suns are giving up far too many easy baskets. I haven't looked at the gametime statistics yet, but they've given up at least 5-10 baskets at point-blank range.

Joe Mama

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
I do like how they are fighting for the ball though. I haven't seen them dive on the floor this many times in a long while.

It at least seems like they understand the importance of this game, and realize the Magic will not hand it to them.

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Suns are giving up far too many easy baskets. I haven't looked at the gametime statistics yet, but they've given up at least 5-10 baskets at point-blank range.

True, but you can't fault their effort out there. I have a feeling this game could go down to the wire, and as long as Casey Jacobsen doesn't sneak in there, I don't see us losing this game.