Suns vs. Magic

dyle_ph1

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by thegrahamcrackr
Anyone else notice Doug Collins talks alot about stories he reads in the republic?

First the Zarko story, now the scott williams one.

Oh well, at least he keeps up to date on the Suns.

I think that's part of their pre game duties...to read up on recent articles about the teams playing. Still, you still have to give him credit to remember the things he read :)

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Originally posted by dyle_ph1
I think that's part of their pre game duties...to read up on recent articles about the teams playing. Still, you still have to give him credit to remember the things he read :)

Well he lives in Scottsdale, thats the main reason I brought it up.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about 23 first-half points from the Phoenix Suns bench? Last year that would have been good for an entire game.

Joe Mama

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
I just noticed that to Joe. That is awesome. Bench scoring was our biggest problem last year IMO.

JJ with a pair of 3s to start the 3rd quarter.

I like how these past two games the suns havent dropped off to start the 3rd. That was a problem for years.

cly2tw

Reaction score
4 assists in as many minutes for Marbury! anybody tells me how he was getting that? I have only NBA scoreside to read.

OP
OP
Chaz

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Suns are off to a great start of the 2nd half.

Thay have opened up a good lead. Now they just have to keep it.

Marbury is drawing attention and setting guys up nicely.

It also helps when guys are making shots.:)

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Did Marbury block Gooden?!?

Ok here was the typical line that appears every game once.
Latest Plays
4:48 PHO - Bad pass by A. Hardaway

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Oh no! Frank Johnson is starting to make crazy substitutions.

First he takes Amare out with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd and no real foul trouble and brings in Zarko which is ok but then subs GOOGS for Zarko just 2,5 minutes later?

Well at least Googs made one shot, still a little early to let the bench warmers play in my opinion.

Last edited:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank Johnson's substitutions have been just fine tonight. I still question whether the Suns need to be double teaming on every possession however.

Even though he did have the turnover, I like what Penny Hardaway has brought to the game this week so far.

Joe Mama

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Look Frank Johnson starts the 4th quarter without the starters and the Magic are on a 10-0 run.#

9:15 ORL - D. Dial makes a 17-foot jumper from the left wing. Assist: D. Harvey
9:36 PHO - Bad pass by A. Hardaway

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama

Even though he did have the turnover, I like what Penny Hardaway has brought to the game this week so far.

Joe Mama

Allow me to take that back. As soon as I wrote that Hardaway followed with a few minutes of really crappy basketball.

Joe Mama

OP
OP
Chaz

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
The good: good passing and balanced scoring. A win :)

The bad: to many offensive rebounds by the Magic. WTF is the deal with Googs in the second half? Why is Zarko on the bench?

cly2tw

Reaction score
the suns were killed on the board. how come? amare had 4 blocks! maybe he is thus out of good rebounding position a lot? but others should protect the defensive board nontheless.

marbury 11 ass 4 steals 1 bl only 1 to. wow!

and our bigs all had high shooting %, meaning our offensive moving, spacing, penetrating and dishing must have been very effective!

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by SirChaz
The good: good passing and balanced scoring. A win :)

The bad: to many offensive rebounds by the Magic. WTF is the deal with Googs in the second half? Why is Zarko on the bench?

The only reason I could guess that Z was taken out was because he had just picked up his 4th foul.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yep. So when you see some really strange and peculiar typos in my posts know that it is my voice recognition software.

Not to highjack the thread too much, but are you serious? That's too bad. I do remember you saying something about voice recognition software before. What do you use? Dragon Naturally Speaking? I had an older version of ViaVoice that was horrid. For my professor, it turned a regular sentence into something about Hitler killing babies.

jwalker11

Reaction score
I had an older version of ViaVoice that was horrid. For my professor, it turned a regular sentence into something about Hitler killing babies.

At least it got the overall theme of things. Now, if it said something about Hitler healing babies, then you it might be time to start getting new software.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cly2tw
the suns were killed on the board. how come? amare had 4 blocks! maybe he is thus out of good rebounding position a lot? but others should protect the defensive board nontheless.

marbury 11 ass 4 steals 1 bl only 1 to. wow!

and our bigs all had high shooting %, meaning our offensive moving, spacing, penetrating and dishing must have been very effective!

I think the the rebounding troubles and a lot of the defensive troubles were due to needless double teaming, and the Phoenix Suns perimeter defenders allowed far too much penetration. That resulted in the big men having to help too much.

Tobiazz, yes, I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Most of the time the voice recognition errors are a result of careless dictation. I don't enunciate as well as I should. Overall it's been great though... the voice recognition software that is.

Joe Mama

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Again, just like the Bulls this was a good win, but this has happened to the Magic 10 other times this season, by teams that really aren't very good. It's nice to get another W, but everybody talking like the Suns' "will to win" is amazing has got to be more realistic. The Magic defense was more porous than a 13-year old's nose going through puberty.

We looked good against the zone, but that's because the Magic zone was terrible. I've never seen a zone so easily beaten. The key to beting the zone in tonight's game was simply making open shots. The key to beating a good zone is making shots even though there's a hand in your face.

Two different things entirely.

JJ Slim

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by slinslin
First he takes Amare out with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd and no real foul trouble and brings in Zarko which is ok but then subs GOOGS for Zarko just 2,5 minutes later?

If I remember right Amare had just committed an offensive foul and started to go off on the ref with a little more vigor than he should. Frank stepped in, sent Amare to sit immediately and then he gave the ref a few choice words. In this instance I think he saved Amare from getting a technical and let him know he needed to keep himself under control. A good move on Frank's part.

I was surprised to see Googs in there though.

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was surprised to see Googs in there though.

Hey, he hit a shot, we should just be satisfied with that and move on.

I believe the saying is, "Don't look a gift-horse in the face."

Hmm.. I'm not sure where that saying comes from, maybe I have it completely wrong. But, if somehow it relates to simply being relieved Googs didn't throw an ally-oop to Tracy McGrady in his 3 minutes of playing time, then I'm using it correctly.

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How about Amare Stoudemire's shot blocking the few games, though? Too often in the past year I've heard that the Suns don't have a shot-blocker, and anybody who's watched Amare knows he should be swatting shots left and right. With him protecting the basket the way he has, it really adds something to our defense.

And it isn't like he's blocking Earl Boykins either. It's almost laughable watching those other forwards try to dunk the ball over Amare. How many legitimate dunk attempts has he sent back since the start of the Rockets game?

6, maybe 7?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Well I know he did block Yao twice or so against the Rockets and stuffed Curry's dunk right into Curry's mouth.

Errntknght

Reaction score
>>I believe the saying is, "Don't look a gift-horse in the face."<<

That's almost right. The saying is, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

Knowledgeable horsemen tell a horse's age by looking at it's teeth, and signs of mistreatment or ill health are often reflected by the condition of it's tongue, gums, teeth and lips so that's the significance of looking a horse in mouth... you're looking for something wrong with it.