takers for Bledsoe?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Using the same players from the last reported deal though, and including a little more from Detroit, this deal works. I imagine it would keep us from getting a pick from Detroit but if we still got the pick from New Orleans I'd be happy with it. Avery Bradley leaves Detroit for Phoenix and Detroit takes on Asik's contract. Detroit no longer has to give up a pick.

Suns get Bradley and Ajinca
Pelicans get Reggie Jackson
Detroit gets Bledsoe and Asik

You must be registered for see images attach

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=y7cuatxf

To ease up some of Detroit's cap issues though we could take back either Ish Smith or Boban Marjanovich from them, both players are only on the books for 2 more years so they'd expire when Bledsoe would. We could take both if the Pistons would take Chandler also. This is how that would look...

Suns get Bradley, Ish, Boban, and Ajinca
Pelicans get Reggie Jackson
Detroit gets Bledsoe, Chandler, and Asik

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=y88vmc8e

The only way the Suns should consider taking on Asik's contract themselves is if they could move Knight in the deal. That would change things quite a bit though. Asik's contract is awful and his deal lasts as long as Knight's which might even things out. That would involve a new trade though to get those to fit. I can't blame the Suns for declining the suggested trade though of getting Ajinca and Asik with 2 picks for Bledsoe. Both Detroit and New Orleans seem to get better from that deal while the Suns don't improve in terms of players and they get to gamble with a few future picks. On top of that though they get a deal in Asik's that is on the books longer than Bledsoe's so why bother? We could buy out Bledsoe in that scenario and save a lot more money.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Swapping Asik for Knight is an interesting idea. Asik will likely never play basketball again for health reasons, but Knight would provide the Pels with a player who will actually give a return on the floor. We would probably not get a pick in this situation, but it makes the salary problem less of a problem.

But PH (sorry) your trade machine graphic does not match your explanation. No way New Orleans gets to move two bad contracts and only has to give up one pick.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Swapping Asik for Knight is an interesting idea. Asik will likely never play basketball again for health reasons, but Knight would provide the Pels with a player who will actually give a return on the floor. We would probably not get a pick in this situation, but it makes the salary problem less of a problem.

But PH (sorry) your trade machine graphic does not match your explanation. No way New Orleans gets to move two bad contracts and only has to give up one pick.

I suggested trying to include Knight if we had to take on Asik's contact but that's it, I edited the post to reflect that a little better. I didn't work anything with the trade machine sending Asik to the Suns or including Knight because I don't see New Orleans opting to swap those 2 but that would require the trade to change quite a bit. I edited the post to reflect that. I'd rather get a player out of the deal like Avery Bradley than be stuck with New Orleans bad contracts. Sending one of those to Detroit and Bradley to Phoenix is easier to imagine than reworking everything to fit Knight in and make it work money wise for all 3 teams.

Sure New Orleans sheds 2 bad contracts but that's what adds up to Jackson's contract and they're stuck with Reggie's contract. They may only need to move 1 pick to make that work in a multi-team deal like proposed. As far as picks go I'm going off of the rumored deal that was reported. 3 team trades make things a bit more difficult to figure out the other pieces like picks but it was said Detroit and the Pelicans were each giving the Suns 1 pick.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Why would the Suns take bad salaries AND give up arguably their best player (as of today) for picks?

Seems to me like one or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The deal will be made soon. This is not going to drag on for months. We just have to wait long enough for teams to realize that this is not a fire sale AND to get a little desperate.

BTW. Gambo keeps saying he is talking to Bled on a regular basis. He is working out and waiting for a deal to be made. Sounds like he is totally good with sitting home and waiting for a deal.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Van Gundy isn't lying really because the Suns don't want Jackson, he'd have to go to another team. So it wouldn't really be trading Jackson for Bledsoe it would be trading Jackson for someone else who interests the Suns enough to send Bledsoe elsewhere. We could always trade Chandler for Jackson and Bledsoe for someone else with Detroit. Loyalty between front offices and players is virtually non-existent.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo has been reporting that Knight has been reinvigorated by the Watson firing and the pending trade of Bledsoe. Even the Suns management is optimistic to see what Knight can do next year without Watson.

Gambo suggested that Knight had problems with Watson and that Bedsoe was Watson's boy. Watson's installment is coincidentally when his play fell off.

If management thinks Knight could flourish as the starting point guard, that makes getting a point guard back in the Bledsoe trade unnecessary. Maybe we can get a center back to replace Len if we are likely to let him leave.

McDonough has a lot riding on Knight after trading away IT and the Lakers pick for him and inking him to a large contract. You can bet he wants to salvage that asset.

I personally liked Knight before Watson took over, and I think if he can come back from his injury, he and Booker would make quite a dynamic backcourt with the right coaching.

By the way, he is only turning 26 in December.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
Gambo has been reporting that Knight has been reinvigorated by the Watson firing and the pending trade of Bledsoe. Even the Suns management is optimistic to see what Knight can do next year without Watson.

Gambo suggested that Knight had problems with Watson and that Bedsoe was Watson's boy. Watson's installment is coincidentally when his play fell off.

If management thinks Knight could flourish as the starting point guard, that makes getting a point guard back in the Bledsoe trade unnecessary. Maybe we can get a center back to replace Len if we are likely to let him leave.

McDonough has a lot riding on Knight after trading away IT and the Lakers pick for him and inking him to a large contract. You can bet he wants to salvage that asset.

I personally liked Knight before Watson took over, and I think if he can come back from his injury, he and Booker would make quite a dynamic backcourt with the right coaching.

This is a really good point. My entire opinion of Knight has been soured by what I saw while under Watson's tutelage. I should give him a chance of proving himself under an actual coach.

That said I still don't like the OG playing PG. Knight is NOT a PG and he's NOT a SG. He's just a short OG that can pass. (I think a good OG can be successful with superstar SG or PG next to him. Although I can't think of an example).

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Yeah right, its all Watson’s fault that Knight totally sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I am not a Knight fan, but this is a very different team now than it was when Knight last played, so it seems logical that he might look better. Even if we don't want him as a long-term answer at PG, why not let him do his thing for a few months, get his 20 points and 5 assists per game (his 15/16 average) and then ship him off somewhere?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A trade possibility that makes sense that I heard on sports radio (opinion not rumor) is Okafor for Bledsoe. It makes perfect sense for both teams, PHI gets a veteran PG to bring experience and complement Simmons and PHX gets a young C with good offensive skills (something they sorely need). PHX will need to take on a contract like Jerryd Bayless but if that deal presents itself PHX needs to jump on it.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Okafor is not a good C. I actually prefer Len over him. That would be an awful deal if we're not getting a good pick back.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A trade possibility that makes sense that I heard on sports radio (opinion not rumor) is Okafor for Bledsoe. It makes perfect sense for both teams, PHI gets a veteran PG to bring experience and complement Simmons and PHX gets a young C with good offensive skills (something they sorely need). PHX will need to take on a contract like Jerryd Bayless but if that deal presents itself PHX needs to jump on it.
Phoenix can get a much better deal than that. Philly did not pick up Okafor's option. Bledsoe for a 5 month Okafor rental is a horrible deal.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Knight is definitely not a true PG. I have a hard time believing he is the answer at that position. He can score but he is not efficient at all (career .415 FG%). He has had ankle and ACL surgery since being here and has also been a bad locker room presence since being shut down after the all-star break last year.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://www.nbcsports.com/washington...eammate-eric-bledsoe-wants-trade-phoenix-suns

"I talk to him all the time," Wall said. "He's just sitting back and being a professional. He can't do nothing about it. He doesn't want to be there. He wants to go somewhere else. It's kind of all in the Suns' hands and where they want to trade him to and what they want to get back for him. He's still working out every day and being a dad at home."

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Sitting back and being professional. John Wall lives in another universe. This whole situation is all because Bledsoe was unprofessional, so we had to send him home. A true professional would still be playing.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score

The entire front office would be fired if that was the package for Bledsoe. Bledsoe is on a great deal, Simmons legitimately plays PG, so the 76ers dont need him, and they declined the option on Okafor (he'll be a free agent).

So basically the trade is Bledsoe for cap fodder, because to even bring back Okafor, the Suns would need to sign him using non-bird rights or as a free agent via cap space.

If you want a deal to get done, Denver is the team to keep pestering.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://www.nbcsports.com/washington...eammate-eric-bledsoe-wants-trade-phoenix-suns

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Sitting back and being professional. John Wall lives in another universe. This whole situation is all because Bledsoe was unprofessional, so we had to send him home. A true professional would still be playing.

Oh yeah right...one comment benches Bled for life. Meanwhile they benched him last season too...pffft.

They've been wanting him traded and benched since last season. He just gave them an excuse to sit him.

Any other player would be back playing right now especially since there is a new coach now.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That Okafor idea is awful. Its bad as is but since Philly declined the option on him they have very little leverage to get value from him. Who wants to give up anything for him to be unrestricted this off season?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
This is a really good point. My entire opinion of Knight has been soured by what I saw while under Watson's tutelage. I should give him a chance of proving himself under an actual coach.

That said I still don't like the OG playing PG. Knight is NOT a PG and he's NOT a SG. He's just a short OG that can pass. (I think a good OG can be successful with superstar SG or PG next to him. Although I can't think of an example).
That is the important point. We have put behind us the concept of one or two or three tweener Guards running the offense,

It would be a major step backwards to even consider Knight as our Point Guard of the future. He is too small to be a Shooting Guard and not talented enough as a distributor to be a Point Guard, especially on a young team.

We've moved forward. I don't like the thought of moving backwards, especially at the Point position. That would put unnecessary pressure on Booker to cover Knight's ineptitude.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If the Suns want Okafor, they should simply sign him next season (for free). He makes next to zero sense anyway with Chandler and Len on the roster.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh yeah right...one comment benches Bled for life. Meanwhile they benched him last season too...pffft.

They've been wanting him traded and benched since last season. He just gave them an excuse to sit him.

Any other player would be back playing right now especially since there is a new coach now.

Huh? They were in the process of trying to trade him for a month. It wasn't going quickly enough for Bledsoe, so he freaked out when we were getting slaughtered.

You're forgetting his support for Okur's rant after being fired.
You're forgetting his lies to McD about the incident.

He was playing before it, while they were trying to trade him. He wasn't after.

John Wall saying Bledsoe is being professional is delusional. It's all about how he wasn't professional.

Tyson Chandler is showing how Bledsoe should of been acting.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I would love for Knight to turn into a top notch pg. But I am not holding my breath. He plays too much like Bledsoe, but without the D and with more turnovers. He is a better shooter though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22