takers for Bledsoe?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Bled alone is going to add something substantial... probably a prospect.. maybe a pick in the teens. That's not going to do much for us. We have prospect bigs and picks.

A prospect and a pick in the teens in the 2018 draft is not all that bad.

The Suns would have a chance to bundle assets at the trade deadline or next summer to a team looking to unload salary for a key player.

McDonough has put himself in a hole by sitting Bledsoe no doubt.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like McDonough, but he needs to lose the ego and get some PR training. He was on Bickley and Marotta today and again trashed Bledsoe.

This is a players league and many of the players are making more than him. He needs to bite his tongue and spit out the PR approved remarks and cliches when dealing with these situations.

There is no benefit to what he is doing.

McDonough only hurts the value of Bledsoe.

I can't stand to see Bledsoe and Knight draining money from the franchise that could be used elsewhere.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A prospect and a pick in the teens in the 2018 draft is not all that bad.

The Suns would have a chance to bundle assets at the trade deadline or next summer to a team looking to unload salary for a key player.

McDonough has put himself in a hole by sitting Bledsoe no doubt.

I don't know if it will be a prospect "and" a pick...I was thinking "or".

Not sure what his value is with two years left on his contract.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I forgot they have IT now in Cleveland.

But still couldn't they work Bled into that rotation? Hmm..

I still think anything that increases their chances of keeping LeBron is a net plus for the Cavs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I still think anything that increases their chances of keeping LeBron is a net plus for the Cavs.

I think with IT, Rose, Wade, they have enough combo-isn guards. If they're gonna use that pick to get better, it's probably gonna be for some kind of stud SF or C... or package it together with Love to get a stud PF. No clue who that may be, but I think guard play (unless it's someone GREAT) isn't where they'd focus on if they decided to move that pick.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like McDonough, but he needs to lose the ego and get some PR training. He was on Bickley and Marotta today and again trashed Bledsoe.

This is a players league and many of the players are making more than him. He needs to bite his tongue and spit out the PR approved remarks and cliches when dealing with these situations.

jesus... this idiot needs to be the next to go. McD has already tarnished his value by just sending him home, now bad mouthing him repeatedly just makes him look like a douche to other entitled babies who sadly rule the league right now.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I have cut McD some slack on this. But I saw what he said this morning. It was not necessary and its not a good look on him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maybe the Suns could trade Bledsoe for IT. :lmao:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

jesus... this idiot needs to be the next to go. McD has already tarnished his value by just sending him home, now bad mouthing him repeatedly just makes him look like a douche to other entitled babies who sadly rule the league right now.

I have cut McD some slack on this. But I saw what he said this morning. It was not necessary and its not a good look on him.

McDonough is starting to worry me as well.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns could trade Bledsoe for IT. :lmao:
If they got some bad news on IT, its possible. IT just become salary to make it work out. He would never play for us.

Lots of teams interested. They all are at the low ball stage. This might take a while.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think with IT, Rose, Wade, they have enough combo-isn guards. If they're gonna use that pick to get better, it's probably gonna be for some kind of stud SF or C... or package it together with Love to get a stud PF. No clue who that may be, but I think guard play (unless it's someone GREAT) isn't where they'd focus on if they decided to move that pick.

You are probably right...so much for that pipedream.

Thanks buzzkill :lol:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they got some bad news on IT, its possible. IT just become salary to make it work out. He would never play for us.

Lots of teams interested. They all are at the low ball stage. This might take a while.

It's just the irony of it all. The Suns have been in PG hell since Nash left.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My worst fear is having Bledsoe and Knight and not being able to trade either.

I wake up and scream at night about the thought. :shocker:

Not really but if it happens I might.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My worst fear is having Bledsoe and Knight and not being able to trade either.

I wake up and scream at night about the thought. :shocker:

Not really but if it happens I might.
I woke screaming the other night but it was because a hippo was chasing me. Not sure where that one came from.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

I heard him later in the day say he thought Bledsoe was being influenced by his agent and getting bad advice. That was the extent of it. Didn't hear anything about him trashing him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also from RealGM.

“I was certainly surprised by it and disappointed by it,” McDonough said. “I think Eric’s a good person. I think he’s unfortunately gotten some bad advice and is listening to the wrong people. I think generally, any time you sign a contract, it doesn’t only work one way. It works both ways, and for a guy with years on his contract to say or intimate he didn’t want to be here anymore, I didn’t find that to be appropriate, and I think if he says he wants to be a leader, that’s the opposite of what a leader does and the opposite of what leadership is. So I think that’s all I’m going to say about that.”

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...h-Publicly-Critical-Of-Eric-Bledsoe-Rich-Paul

I have to think there must have been some issues with Bledsoe's agent before it ignited.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Again. DONT send him to cleveland! I would take a slightly less attractive offer in order to stick it to him. But, thats just me. I dont reward bad behavior.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Rich Paul was trying to get Bledsoe to Cleveland. He is trying to get him to force his way out. The tweet might have even been very deliberate.

McD is bothered because he genuinely wanted to keep Bled here.

I think the above is very likely. I'm hoping more options are on the table other than Cleveland.

However, in regard Bledsoe being traded, I think it's time.

He does not fit into the Suns timeline and the Suns are not going to pay him big money when his contract expires after next season. So in a way, I think the Suns are being pushed into doing a trade which they should have already been actively pursuing.