takers for Bledsoe?

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It's a bluff. McDonough is trying to drive the price up by implying that the competition is stronger than it really is. I do the same thing in fantasy basketball.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the above is very likely. I'm hoping more options are on the table other than Cleveland.

However, in regard Bledsoe being traded, I think it's time.

He does not fit into the Suns timeline and the Suns are not going to pay him big money when his contract expires after next season. So in a way, I think the Suns are being pushed into doing a trade which they should have already been actively pursuing.

Do I really believe this is solely over some one sentence Facebook comment? No. They sat him last season...now they're sitting him while they are shopping him now. They were looking for an excuse to ship him out and he gave it to them.

Let's just call it what it is....a tank trade.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a bluff. McDonough is trying to drive the price up by implying that the competition is stronger than it really is. I do the same thing in fantasy basketball.
I thought it might be a bluff almost immediately.

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I thought it might be a bluff almost immediately.

Yes, and again, this just shows how inept the organization is. Better not to say anything than to try to peddle an obvious lie. Well, unless you're the president, that is.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
We will see, what happens. No one really knows what offers are there until it is done. I for one would rather send him to a non-playoff team like the Hawks or Nuggets.

I am sure his agent wants him to go to Cleveland to be with his other client James.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the Suns sit Bledsoe, I thought McDonough had a trade in the fire. Otherwise it just looks like he lost his temper.

If there is a reasonable trade offer for Bledsoe, he should take it and move on. This is not good for the franchise to have another disgruntled player.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Yes, and again, this just shows how inept the organization is. Better not to say anything than to try to peddle an obvious lie. Well, unless you're the president, that is.
Too bad there aren’t any owners in “the base. “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When the Suns sit Bledsoe, I thought McDonough had a trade in the fire. Otherwise it just looks like he lost his temper.

If there is a reasonable trade offer for Bledsoe, he should take it and move on. This is not good for the franchise to have another disgruntled player.
I wonder if sitting was Bledsoe's idea. It's his way of forcing a trade faster.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cool, I can't wait to see Rich Paul forcing the Cavs to give up BKN's pick for Bledsoe. The Suns can offer financial relief as well.
A couple of losses for the Cavs along with poor pg play would really help things along.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if sitting was Bledsoe's idea. It's his way of forcing a trade faster.

I thought it was McDonough's idea.

See excerpt and the link to the article below.

Also I thought McDonough mentioned sending Bledsoe home in a video clip as well.

Eric Bledsoe was sent home from the Suns facility on Monday.

The point guard was told he would not play in Monday night's game against the Sacramento Kings, Suns GM Ryan McDonough confirmed Monday morning.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...nix-suns-eric-bledsoe-trade-rumors/791154001/

Errntknght

Reaction score
I think Bled's obvious lack of focus on the floor this year was an accurate depiction of his feelings about being here. Sitting him helped the team directly.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So. On the radio. McD just gave this explanation.

Earlier this month, Bledsoe's agent demanded a max extension. McD responded that they did not think they wanted to do that right now but would consider it next summer. His agent did not like that answer and from that point on shut down all communication. The next thing was Bledsoe's tweet. He reiterated that he thought Eric is getting bad advice.

There you have it.

Last edited:

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Do I really believe this is solely over some one sentence Facebook comment? No. They sat him last season...now they're sitting him while they are shopping him now. They were looking for an excuse to ship him out and he gave it to them.

What it really is I think, is addition by subtraction. They've been looking to move him since the off season anyway. His agent really set things off requiring an extension be negotiated now. Then things came to a head with the terrible start with the opener vs. Portland, the Clippers game and subsiquint firing of Watson.

Mike James distributes better and the ball movement is overall 100% better with Bledsoe out. Players actually believe they could get set up now after giving up the ball.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Nets just beat the Cavs and are currently 3 - 2.

The Nets also have no reason to Tank. That pick might not end up being as valuable as everybody thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
pokerface said:

What it really is I think, is addition by subtraction. They've been looking to move him since the off season anyway. His agent really set things off requiring an extension be negotiated now. Then things came to a head with the terrible start with the opener vs. Portland, the Clippers game and subsiquint firing of Watson.

Mike James distributes better and the ball movement is overall 100% better with Bledsoe out. Players actually believe they could get set up now after giving up the ball.
I agree with you, BB. What has been happening is not about tanking or not tanking. Applying tanking to every conversation is a "one-issue candidate", as they say.

It is about building a young team into a balanced team. For that to happen, I am so happy to see Bledsoe out of the equation and hope the same happens to Knight.

Scrapping the tweener Point Guard obsession is, by far, the biggest contributor to a balanced team. Without that, there would be no hope to becoming a winning team, let alone a playoff contender.

THAT is step 1. Now it is up to the General Manager to work successful trades. And build that balanced team.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So. On the radio. McD just gave this explanation.

Earlier this month, Bledsoe's agent demanded a max extension. McD responded that they did not think they wanted to do that right now but would consider it next summer. His agent did not like that answer and from that point on shut down all communication. The next thing was Bledsoe's tweet. He reiterated that he thought Eric is getting bad advice.

There you have it.
This was Rich Paul’s MO the last time around too if you recall. Bush league tactics to subvert a franchise at the beginning of a season.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with you, BB. What has been happening is not about tanking or not tanking. Applying tanking to every conversation is a "one-issue candidate", as they say.

It is about building a young team into a balanced team. For that to happen, I am so happy to see Bledsoe out of the equation and hope the same happens to Knight.

Scrapping the tweener Point Guard obsession is, by far, the biggest contributor to a balanced team. Without that, there would be no hope to becoming a winning team, let alone a playoff contender.

THAT is step 1. Now it is up to the General Manager to work successful trades. And build that balanced team.
Is it possible that Knight might be a different player if he had a coach who would hold him accountable?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Is it possible that Knight might be a different player if he had a coach who would hold him accountable?
It is possible. But I want to see him gone to bury this tweener Guard/the ball stops here/no facilitator experiment at the Point Guard position once and for all. Especially on our young team.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something to ponder, on December 14 a lot more players are trade eligible. He might have to sit until then.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I still think CLE will get desperate for PG help and go as far as trading the BRK pick since they have no other assets to move. As mentioned above BRK is motivated to not rank so pick is not a lock to be in Top 3.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cleveland is very interesting right now Lebron is playing point but I don't see that lasting if anything they want to rest him for the playoffs not put more on his shoulders both Wade and Rose have already proven they can't hold up