takers for Bledsoe?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cleveland is very interesting right now Lebron is playing point but I don't see that lasting if anything they want to rest him for the playoffs not put more on his shoulders both Wade and Rose have already proven they can't hold up

Unfair to Rose, anyone can sprain their ankle. Wade we knew he is on backside of his career.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still think CLE will get desperate for PG help and go as far as trading the BRK pick since they have no other assets to move. As mentioned above BRK is motivated to not rank so pick is not a lock to be in Top 3.
They are going to have to get a pick back. If Brooklyn keeps playing decent, they might not want to hang on to it as tightly.

Imagine that. They end up getting a 10-14 pick and a broken IT for Kyrie. Yikes.

The Knicks, Dallas, Denver, or Sacramento picks might end up better this year.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a good article and full of hearsay.
They said the same things when the Suns were trying to move Markieff. In the end they got a decent return, and Markieff has done fine for Washington too. It was a fair deal for both sides.

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Article blames a lot on the Suns and virtually none on Bledsoe. He's the one that asked for a trade and maybe a max contract.

I can't keep track of all of the various levels of "max contract" anymore, but a maximum extension for Bledsoe would have been in the neighborhood of $150 million, I think. There's just no way at all that he demonstrated that kind of value.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Even if McD's story is true, why share that on the radio? Throwing Bledsoe under the bus does nothing to help his value for trade, nor does it help the image of Ryan McDonald or the image of the Suns franchise.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://woelfelspressbox.com/2017/10/will-bucks-succumb-to-suns-request-for-brogdon/

The scuttlebutt is, if the Suns got their way, they’d acquire Brogdon and either veteran big man John Henson or former Suns forward Mirza Teletovic.

Brogdon is being paid $1.3 million this season, while Henson and Teletovic are on the books this season for $11.4M and $10.5M, respectively. Bledsoe will collect $14.5M this season, with his salary jumping to $15M next season.

But sources said the Bucks are, at least for now, dangling veteran guard Matthew Dellavedova, who started 54 games last season and averaged 7.6 points and 4.7 assists, instead of Brogdon. The Suns are balking and appear adamant on wanting Brogdon.

Brogdon underwent foot surgery while playing at the University of Virginia and, while he had a stellar career, serious concerns about his foot prompted several NBA teams to downgrade him from a first-round selection to a second-rounder, where the Bucks selected him. Some teams were so worried about Brogdon’s foot that they took him completely off their draft boards.

Brogdon is one of several young point guards the Suns appear to be interested in acquiring. The Suns are also intrigued by 21-year-old Emmanuel Mudiay, whom the Denver Nuggets made the seventh overall selection in the 2015 draft and is currently backing up Jamal Murray.

The Nuggets and Bucks, according to two NBA officials, are regarded as the leaders in the Bledsoe Sweepstakes, although those same sources said a spate of other teams, including playoff-caliber ones like the Los Angeles Clippers, Boston and Miami, have internally tossed around the idea of acquiring Bledsoe.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't keep track of all of the various levels of "max contract" anymore, but a maximum extension for Bledsoe would have been in the neighborhood of $150 million, I think. There's just no way at all that he demonstrated that kind of value.

right, i meant extension. and no way shape or form has he showed to be worthy of a max extension.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So here is my understanding. Bledsoe was drafted in 2010. So he would be eligible for a 30% of cap max deal, with 8% annual raises because of Bird rights and a 5 year deal. The cap is what $99 million? So basically starts at $30 million and goes up 8% per year for five years. So that is roughly a 5 year $177 million deal. I am probably wrong, but I think this is close.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
right, i meant extension. and no way shape or form has he showed to be worthy of a max extension.
Someone leaked that McD told Bledsoe's people that the team performance in the time Bledsoe has been starting pg would not warrant that deal. I am sure Bled took issue with that, because he cannot control the team make-up and he was forced to sit the end of last year. I am sure he feels that his numbers justify that deal.

However, the way the team is playing without him is speaking volumes.

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
So here is my understanding. Bledsoe was drafted in 2010. So he would be eligible for a 30% of cap max deal, with 8% annual raises because of Bird rights and a 5 year deal. The cap is what $99 million? So basically starts at $30 million and goes up 8% per year for five years. So that is roughly a 5 year $177 million deal. I am probably wrong, but I think this is close.

I believe you. Even if you're off by a bit, that figure is astronomical for what Bledsoe has shown to this point.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Someone leaked that McD told Bledsoe's people that the team performance in the time Bledsoe has been starting pg would not warrant that deal. I am sure Bled took issue with that, because he cannot control the team make-up and he was forced to sit the end of last year. I am sure he feels that his numbers justify that deal.

I honestly and completely forgot he was on the team while watching last nights game, seriously.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

To be fair, the other change was the coach. It's not a 1:1 change.

But it's Bledsoe's problem for tying his removal to also the removal of the coach.

So most people will think his removal was a large part of that change, and Bledsoe has no one to blame but himself.

Had he waited a few days or weeks, it would of been different. But nope, he decided to hitch his wagon to that timeline.

I find it pretty funny and for Bledsoe he's getting at least some just desserts.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be fair, the other change was the coach. It's not a 1:1 change.

But it's Bledsoe's problem for tying his removal to also the removal of the coach.

So most people will think his removal was a large part of that change, and Bledsoe has no one to blame but himself.

Had he waited a few days or weeks, it would of been different. But nope, he decided to hitch his wagon to that timeline.

I find it pretty funny and for Bledsoe he's getting at least some just desserts.
It was not a wise choice on Bledaoe’s part. McD was right about that. He is getting bad advice.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you think that with the Suns winning two games without Bledsoe after getting blown out in three games with him hurts his value even more? And at this point, it is addition by subtraction and take what you can get in return? Would you take a George Hill straight up to get rid of him and get a solid starter back in return?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you think that with the Suns winning two games without Bledsoe after getting blown out in three games with him hurts his value even more? And at this point, it is addition by subtraction and take what you can get in return? Would you take a George Hill straight up to get rid of him and get a solid starter back in return?

I think the Suns are looking for a young player plus a first round draft pick for Bledsoe not necessarily another PG. If the Suns trade for another PG I think they will be looking for a younger player. The Suns are in advantageous position of sorts because they do not need to win this season.

So no, I wouldn't trade for George Hill straight up plus his salary is not attractive and he is signed for a year longer than Bledsoe. The Suns want a player that fits their timeline.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Dellavadova and Henson for Bledsoe?

Keep walking!

Let alone Dellavadova + Teletovic. LOL!

Teams must think just because Suns started out like a landfill fire this season, they are just giving away talent. Suns still have some leverage to get a good deal for Bledsoe in that there will be plenty of interest as the season goes on.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Just noticed BJ Armstrong is Mudiay's agent. Same as Josh Jackson.... hmmm

At this point I would be more interested in a high pick, than a starting PG. But I think we should get a young player back that is on a rookie deal for at least 3+ years.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get a solid pick for Bledsoe. Don't need any starters... need to continue to put together assets so if we need to trade up in the draft we can if this team ends up with 30 wins putting us out of reach of the top 5 studs everyone's talking about.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo talked a lot about Brogdon this afternoon. He is interesting. 6-5, good defender, not ball dominant, distributor, Good shooter. I might take him straight up. Salaries don’t work though.

I don’t think the suns are interested in more picks. Better picks- yes. But Milwaukee does not have that.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Jabari Parker's name keeps getting floated out there, too.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every single thing im hearing is about Brogdon. He would be a great compliment to Booker. Also last years rookie of the year.

You give up Bledsoe and your going to have to take back a horrible contract probably Greg Monroe