The Arsenal FC thread

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any guesses why Arsenal aren't getting in on the Mamadou Sakho action?

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Any guesses why Arsenal aren't getting in on the Mamadou Sakho action?

It seems to me that Wenger has turned into someone from those extreme coupon shows. He refuses to buy anyone unless he feels he's gaming the market.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It seems to me that Wenger has turned into someone from those extreme coupon shows. He refuses to buy anyone unless he feels he's gaming the market.

I don't think he has any intention of actually buying anyone. His last attempt is proof of that. Send a bid just to show that he's doing something, even if that bid was laughed at and turned down immediately. But hey, he tried. Right?

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
So that's where all the money is going:

You must be registered for see images attach

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Much better performance than expected. Ramsey looks like he's going to have a pretty good year. It would take a collapse of epic proportions not to advance now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BBC: Arsenal to spend 100 gazillion on Martians. Or possibly just 100 million on Spaniards. YMMV.

Also, great game. Defensive communication is a mess, looks to me.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He scores when he wants, he scores when he wants. Lucas Podolski, he scores when he wantski.

What were you all saying again?

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
He scores when he wants, he scores when he wants. Lucas Podolski, he scores when he wantski.

What were you all saying again?

Nice win but how did this change anything? We still need at least 3-4 more players if we're going to challenge for anything.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Nice win but how did this change anything? We still need at least 3-4 more players if we're going to challenge for anything.

Exactly. What is mind-boggling is that a couple decent results now will almost certainly convince Wenger that we don't need anybody.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly. What is mind-boggling is that a couple decent results now will almost certainly convince Wenger that we don't need anybody.
He is already of that opinion. So I am resolved to just ope they finish above the Spurs.

"_

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woo hoo. 2-0 over Fenerboosh. Get to work Arse, I mean Arsene.

It seemed costly due to injuries, but the only thing left on the bench was an 8-year-old Frenchman and a suspicious looking potato wearing glasses. Wilshere was a marked man.

Love the new signees Ramsey, Ryo and Sanogo. Ramsey apparently got a yellow card for coming back onto the field without permission after he changed a shoe.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seemed costly due to injuries, but the only thing left on the bench was an 8-year-old Frenchman and a suspicious looking potato wearing glasses. Wilshere was a marked man.

Love the new signees Ramsey, Ryo and Sanogo. Ramsey apparently got a yellow card for coming back onto the field without permission after he changed a shoe.
New signee, Ramsey?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Flamini any good? Is he actually rejoining Arsenal?

No idea who that is, unless you mean Fellaini. Surprised I haven't heard about Mata going anywhere. He clearly isn't the right player for Mourinho which seems silly being a 2 time player of the year from the club.

Why hasn't anyone, especially Arsenal made a bid for Mata?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score

He used to play for us 5-6 years ago. He left just as I was really getting into watching Arsenal so I didn't see much of him. What I understand from other fans, he was pretty average then had one really good year for us and left. At Milan he's never really made much of an impact and has been injured a lot. If we weren't so thin he wouldn't even be considered. But he can play DM or fill in at FB if we need. I would rather have just kept Coquelin because he's younger and can play both of those positions too.

Him signing is really just more proof of how we've totally screwed up this transfer window.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pot One: Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Arsenal, FC Porto, Benfica.

Group of Death. Good thing, Arsene brought in all those world class players...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Arsenal will be out in the group stage. And he'll say "at least we were in the Champions League" and everyone will say he's brilliant. :rolleyes:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arsenal will be out in the group stage. And he'll say "at least we were in the Champions League" and everyone will say he's brilliant. :rolleyes:
Who is everyone? Don't know many would think he is STILL brilliant.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Who is everyone? Don't know many would think he is STILL brilliant.

The money men surely think so, i.e. the men in charge. And let's face it, as far as facilitating transfers, they are all that matter.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake