The Arsenal FC thread

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Right, but they seem about as close as they can be without it being official.

True, but believe me, I've been on the rotten end of those 'almost done' signings as a fan. The biggest one? Debuchy, who was a 'done deal' to come to us the summer BEFORE the winter transfer window he actually came in :)

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
They're switching from Nike to Puma kits this season and the unveiling is tomorrow. They're probably waiting to announce any big signings until then so they can use the new kits in the pictures and press conference.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Stout

Reaction score
It's official now, from what I've seen. A good deal for us, too. Sounds like we have Dutch World Cup defender Jaanmart (sp?) lined up to replace him. I'm good with that.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm a total homer for Chilean players, so I'll be watching lots for Arsenal games, but I'm glad to see him in the PL.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are better. I dig the red and yellow ones.

Stout

Reaction score
Yikes! Only the red looks any good. Then again, with the Premier League alternate kits, you usually get pretty hideous designs. Newcastle had a lime green one once. Blech!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think they're just waiting for the Janmaat deal to finalize first. News is Newcastle is only waiting to announce Janmaat because they're about to announce Riviere too. Also, we might be trying to prize Campbell from you lot, likely on loan.

I would love to see Campbell in the first team, but with Alexis/Giroud and a healthy (at least for now) Theo Walcott, there isn't a lot of room. Loaning him to Newcastle would seem like a good move for Arsenal.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Khedira is a done deal today.

Best summer in years for Arsenal.

This is the exact type of player that Aresnal needs to be more competitive at the top of the league. Despite what Mulli says, Ramsey and Arteta aren't anywhere close to being a good defensive midfield pairing.