wrench
Rams helmet
nail
sawblade
cactus
cactus
washer
football.

And the helmets and tools look to be older helmets, etc.

Perhaps a blast from the past is due?

I'll throw in my guess...the announcement will be that the stadium will be open for the 2005 season. There are 16 items that the Cardinal eats (16 games in the season). The helmets are home games agains the division foes. The footballs are home games out of the division. The construction tools are away games or the bye week. So, The first home game will be week 4 agains the Niners.

Pretty creative, huh?

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
wisemonkey said:
I'll throw in my guess...the announcement will be that the stadium will be open for the 2005 season. There are 16 items that the Cardinal eats (16 games in the season). The helmets are home games agains the division foes. The footballs are home games out of the division. The construction tools are away games or the bye week. So, The first home game will be week 4 agains the Niners.

Pretty creative, huh?

You are one smart monkey. You're a..... wise monkey.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
wisemonkey said:

Pretty creative, huh?

wow thats pretty good sluething there. you catch carmen sandiego yet gumshoe?

OP
OP
jf-08

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wisemonkey said:

Pretty creative, huh?

Nice! It sounds plausible.

OP
OP
jf-08

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
You are one smart monkey. You're a..... wise monkey.

Holy hell - you are on fire today.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
wisemonkey said:

Pretty creative, huh?

Good guess!!! :thumbup:

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
So the other items besides helmets are basically representitive of the work being done in the away weeks then. BUt why would they be workin on the stadium if it was done and ready for the 2005 season?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wisemonkey said:

Pretty creative, huh?
That's a pretty good theory, but I'm not sure it hold up. We won't have enough home games if we go by that, will we? Maybe I'm not counting right.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
RobbleRobble said:
Uh oh. Someone tell me this is a hoax. It was posted by "Arby Rick" on the Cards official board:

You must be registered for see images

Yeah that one was done by my buddy Craig who runs the Football Uniforms Past & Present site...

I am kinda glad my site seems to be getting a little bit of publicity these days...

...maybe I should update it for once...

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
wisemonkey said:

Pretty creative, huh?

doesnt that marry up nicely with the fact that the Cardinals are looking to play next year's preseason games out of town?

Based on the above, with no home preseason games and the first three weeks on the road -- could the stadium be done in time to host a week 4 2005 game?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
clayddin said:
I think I figured it out. The 9ers helmet is first since they updated their look first, followed by the Seahawks and the Rams, since the Rams were the last to update their look. So I guess that just means that the Cards are next. Also all threee of those teams just updated colors and uni's but kept the same basic logo, (except the seahawks look ridiculous) so the Cards will probably follow suit with just subtle changes.

I don't think that he's right, though. The Rams updated their look the season after they won the Super Bowl (99), right? Then I think it was a season or two later that the Seahawks changed theirs (01, maybe). I think it was a season before the change in division, because I don't think that the unis were new when they opened their new stadium, I think they were a year old.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I also like this idea....

Attachments

• nitroseed_az-cards.gif
    nitroseed_az-cards.gif
    17.8 KB · Views: 226

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
en fuego said:
doesnt that marry up nicely with the fact that the Cardinals are looking to play next year's preseason games out of town?

Based on the above, with no home preseason games and the first three weeks on the road -- could the stadium be done in time to host a week 4 2005 game?

One can only dream but wouldn't it be sweet?

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
en fuego said:
I passed by the stadium today and I don't think it will be ready by 2005.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
en fuego said:

I don't think there's any chance that the Cards play preseason games out of town. The season ticket packs are based on 10 games, and the revenue created from those preseason games goes directly into ownership's pockets (players aren't on salary until Week 1, they just get some per diem, or something). I don't think that the Cards would sell any better in some high school stadium in 'Vegas than they would in AZ, especially not if Dallas plays a preseason game here (per the agreement that Bill Bidwill got to OK realignment). Unless some sucker city (San Antonio? 'Vegas?) can almost guarantee 30K+ for a game in October, I don't see it happening.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Future retractable field

OP
OP
jf-08

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
I don't think there's any chance that the Cards play preseason games out of town. The season ticket packs are based on 10 games, and the revenue created from those preseason games goes directly into ownership's pockets (players aren't on salary until Week 1, they just get some per diem, or something). I don't think that the Cards would sell any better in some high school stadium in 'Vegas than they would in AZ, especially not if Dallas plays a preseason game here (per the agreement that Bill Bidwill got to OK realignment). Unless some sucker city (San Antonio? 'Vegas?) can almost guarantee 30K+ for a game in October, I don't see it happening.

So far, El Paso and Albuquerque have been mentioned as possible sites.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
jkf296 said:
So far, El Paso and Albuquerque have been mentioned as possible sites.

The Cardinals can guarantee 22,000 tickets and maybe more depending on the opponent, which is all profit. It comes from the season ticket packages. You can't sell loge or skybox seats at an away stadium. It's a nice idea, but the numbers don't work out.

Does anyone think that El Paso, TX is hungry for Cardinal football? They can't give away preseason tickets here. Does Albuquerque even have a stadium?

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

If they had a preseason game with denver or dallas in Albuquerque it would be a sellout. Of course the biggest stadium only holds 46 to 48k. They could do the same in Elpaso with dallas.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
As far as I know, the Cardinals are marketing in Elpaso and Albuquerque. I'm pretty sure we hear something about it on Thursday.

wisemonkey

Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

ahem....

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=46310