"The Bird is Back" Animations

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
NMCard said:
If they had a preseason game with denver or dallas in Albuquerque it would be a sellout. Of course the biggest stadium only holds 46 to 48k. They could do the same in Elpaso with dallas.

Based on what, though? Can El Paso even sell out the Sun Bowl without out-of-state fans? I understand that if you had a team that the fans actually like playing, they'll show up, but that would happen in Arizona, as well. You caould get 46K to SdS on a Saturday night to see Jake play a meaningless game. They usually sell out the lower bowl when the Cowboys come to town.

I understand marketing the team in El Paso and New Mexico. They're the closest NFL franchise, and not so far that a weekend trip to see a game is impossible (though I'd bet that the local networks schedule Cowboys games). Actually picking up the team for a week though is a horse of a different color. No one in El Paso is going to shell out $150 a seat for bad preseason football. Corporate sponsors in Arizona do because it comes with their season tickets.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
I don't think there's any chance that the Cards play preseason games out of town. The season ticket packs are based on 10 games, and the revenue created from those preseason games goes directly into ownership's pockets (players aren't on salary until Week 1, they just get some per diem, or something). I don't think that the Cards would sell any better in some high school stadium in 'Vegas than they would in AZ, especially not if Dallas plays a preseason game here (per the agreement that Bill Bidwill got to OK realignment). Unless some sucker city (San Antonio? 'Vegas?) can almost guarantee 30K+ for a game in October, I don't see it happening.

The Cardinals would play the role of the Washington Generals --

they play the Cowboys in El Paso and the Broncos in Albuquerque. The stadium sells out in each with no more than a handful of Cardinal fans in attendance. Both Dallas and Denver get more from the visitor take in those cities than they would coming to Arizona. The Cardinals get more because as the so called home team, they get 60% of 48k fans vs 60% of 25k or so.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
en fuego said:
The Cardinals would play the role of the Washington Generals --

they play the Cowboys in El Paso and the Broncos in Albuquerque. The stadium sells out in each with no more than a handful of Cardinal fans in attendance. Both Dallas and Denver get more from the visitor take in those cities than they would coming to Arizona. The Cardinals get more because as the so called home team, they get 60% of 48k fans vs 60% of 25k or so.

See kerouac, it really isn't that hard.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
PANTONE194C said:
Yeah that one was done by my buddy Craig who runs the Football Uniforms Past & Present site...

I am kinda glad my site seems to be getting a little bit of publicity these days...

...maybe I should update it for once...

:shock:

what the hell was happening on 4/28/04 at 3:54 AM?

The Society for Sports Uniforms Research

Our members have made a total of 1,571 posts
We have 413 registered members
The newest member is bratwurst
Most users ever online was 9 on Apr 28 2004, 03:54 AM

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Like I said, I'd go to Vegas for a pre-season game and so would others I'm sure.

The garden spot of El Paso? I'll do just that.... El Passo.

Albuquerqui(sp) doesn't do much for me either.

Staying on the strip, gambling, drinking and a Cardinal game? Strangely appealing I must say.

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Week four of '05 would be what, September? That's seven plus months . . . could the stadium be done by then??

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Dan H said:
Week four of '05 would be what, September? That's seven plus months . . . could the stadium be done by then??

Not just no, but hell no. It'll be a panicked push to finish by opening day 2006 just like every other construction project. The bonus money the contractors would demand to finish a year early would be astronomical.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AzCards21 said:
Not just no, but hell no. It'll be a panicked push to finish by opening day 2006 just like every other construction project. The bonus money the contractors would demand to finish a year early would be astronomical.

Maybe they're offshoring a lot of the project to Bangalore.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
RobbleRobble said:
Uh oh. Someone tell me this is a hoax. It was posted by "Arby Rick" on the Cards official board:

You must be registered for see images
This is ugly...

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Maybe they're offshoring a lot of the project to Bangalore.

I've heard them young girls in India are some steel slingin fools. :D

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
I was trying to google up an answer to the puzzle and came across this interesting article. Wonder if this puzzle has anything to do with season ticket packages:

"According to Minegar, while the majority of NFL teams submit season ticket renewals by sending out invoices for deposits, the Cardinals will be sending out "cool" packages designed by Vaughn Wedeen that are anticipated to get fans excited."

http://www.bizjournals.com/albuquerque/stories/2005/01/17/story2.html

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Red Dawn said:
I was trying to google up an answer to the puzzle and came across this interesting article. Wonder if this puzzle has anything to do with season ticket packages:

"According to Minegar, while the majority of NFL teams submit season ticket renewals by sending out invoices for deposits, the Cardinals will be sending out "cool" packages designed by Vaughn Wedeen that are anticipated to get fans excited."

I love the headline: "Vaughn Wedeen ready to tackle Phoenix Cardinals"

:biglaugh:

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Red Dawn said:

Interesting article.
This not the same old Cardinals. We will have a winner on and off the field soon.
I am psyched.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wendy Forbes, an account executive with Vaughn Wedeen, says since the team left St. Louis after the 1987 season, it has struggled to identify with its fan base.

Forbes says the goal is to increase ticket sales through season ticket renewal packages, billboards, key chains and animated emails.

I think that pretty much solves the mystery of who is doing the emails.

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The washers are Copper and two of the screws are Black.

And the rams helmet as it goes into the mouth of the bird turns into a small screw...could be a screw up.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
I thought the screws, washers, saw blade, etc. maybe dealt with construction -- perhaps the stadium.

Some other folks were talking about the order of the helmets and the 2005 schedule. The official schedule isn't released until April so nobody know the dates of the games at this point.

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Good guesses fellas. I don't know personally, but you have me really excitied over here in Il. I believe change is on the way, but even more so, change has been already started with the front office and our coach. No matter, even if if I'm old school, I would embrace change of our logo and uni's. I hope they don't ever change the name of the team, then I would be mad.

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
Maybe this year, being the last year in SDS the team will play in TRUE Throwback Jerseys! That would make sense from the animation. Maybe for the final year before we get new unis they jump back 100 years in colors?