"The Bird is Back" Animations

RobbleRobble

Hope springs eternal
Reaction score
4th teaser is now up on the site: Shows current cards logo on an egg. Clicking on it starts the animation. The egg breaks open partially, I believe unveiling a tiny piece of the new logo. Then it closes again.

Its red on a black background, but you see very little.

This is accompanied by the slogan "Something is about to Hatch".

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some observations:

1. The concepts might simply be for e-mail attachments to generate season ticket renewals

2. And/or they could be 10-second TV spots

3. Or they could simply be concepts-only that are being floated out to fans as trial balloons.

4. Or maybe the leading edge theme for a full-bore ad campaign.

5. I wouldn't read too much into the meaning of nuts, bolts and rotary blades - except that these are new-era Cardinals who spit out nails.

6. I also wouldn't read too much into the black background, since the egg concept features our bird against a white background.

7. Having said that - I love the bird design against the black background because it actually simplifies an already fairly clean design.

8. I still feel that the launch of a major ad campaign isn't sufficient to call a presser 4 days in advance & still suspect something else is in the wind.

wembley88

A Grand Old Team
Reaction score
I have to say that i think the smirking cardinal looks meaner than the old version.

Should guarantee us another 3 wins..... :)

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
There is definately a white border around the new logo, and a black border inside the white....not sure if that means a helmet color change but one would assume with a white border that the helmet color will be either black or red. either way it looks pretty cool thus far!

Attachments

• cards.JPG
    cards.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 157

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Jttsaz said:
There is definately a white border around the new logo, and a black border inside the white....not sure if that means a helmet color change but one would assume with a white border that the helmet color will be either black or red. either way it looks pretty cool thus far!

hey I know that picture ;)

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
I would agree either black or red helmets. After all, a Cardinal does have a red head!! (please no yellow face masks!!)

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
It's clearly on a black background so if I had to guess I would say black helmets...

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jttsaz said:
It's clearly on a black background so if I had to guess I would say black helmets...

that doesn't mean that it won't be white helmets.. remember that background may just be for presentation purposes

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
clif said:
that doesn't mean that it won't be white helmets.. remember that background may just be for presentation purposes
That's true but the black background has been a constant theme...I'm guessing a black helmet...

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I don't think we are going to see any extreme changes, such as a black or red helmits, new color schemes, or desert themes.

I think the logo will be freshened up a bit, much like the seahawks did with theirs, sans the blue helmits and the neon green.

My preference would be to leave the red jerseys as they are.

For the home whites:
1. Get rid of the blue stripes.
2. Put the new bird logo back on the sleeves.
3. Have the word Arizona stitched across the front of the jerseys in micro lettering.
4. Freshen up the numbers.

Hey, I'm a traditionalist. There is room for improvement, but keep the basic designs as is.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
I'm with Capital Card a full 100%. :thumbup:

I don't think we should change a single thing on the red jerseys and the blue stripe has got to go on the white.

I wouldn't mind bringing the black stipes back on the pants and jerseys.

The only change I want on the helmet is to paint the face mask red or yellow instead of the basic grey.