The Kyler Murray is mediocre thread

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I honestly don't know why there is a "Kyler Murray appreciation" thread that's being kept alive to get people here banned for speaking the truth. It's a discussion board, a thread where a handful of people lie to themselves to feel better serves no purpose.

The NFL has Kyler's ticket. You stop him running by keeping contain and not selling out on the pass rush, you stack the box to stop the run, and you make him throw against man coverage. Every loss has been that game plan, less so the Bills who played a bunch of man but let their edges off the leash, but from the Lions showed the rest of the league what to do and since then only the Niners have been arrogant enough not to do the same.

It's obvious now that teams fear his legs more than his arm from the way they are playing him.

I can only assume that Petzing knows it too because in big losses that we have been behind the whole/most of the game Kyler has 162, 207, 142 and 215 yards passing. This is not normal for a team down multiple scores. Even against the Niners, a game the defense won for us, he only threw for 195 and about 85 yards in a 2nd half we were down 10 or more.

Did we lose against the Packers because of Kyler? No. Was he good? No.

He's not a QB that lifts the offense unless he can get out and run. He's a top 5 running QB. It's about 20th as a passer. He's bottom 10 in both passing accuracy and turnover worthy throws.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm sorry Brit I am not with you on this one. Your agenda is apparent in the title of this thread, you chose mediocre instead of average... with all those extra connotations.