The merged "Suspension" thread

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And if you'll note in the same video, at the 1:13 mark when Raja and Horry are shoving at each other, right behind Horry's shoulder you can see Amare's face, and him then being pulled back by the coaches.

You make my point. Amare was already out there BEFORE the shoving started and therefore did not leave the bench AFTER or in RESPONSE to said altercation.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Notice Diaw was already up on his feet and close to the incident as it was happening.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
god-damnit, they're just going to take FOREVER to decide this freaking thing aren't they?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You make my point. Amare was already out there BEFORE the shoving started and therefore did not leave the bench AFTER or in RESPONSE to said altercation.

Yeah, and he didn't leave the court. He moved toward the event and had to be restrained and brought back to the bench. I guarantee that when the shoving started he would have turned around and went to the bench, there wouldn't be any type of issue. But dramatically being drug off by four coaches, well, that's gonna be the linchpin.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
god-damnit, they're just going to take FOREVER to decide this freaking thing aren't they?

Of course, cheese...this is high drama in a tight, dramatic series. They are going to pump this for all it is worth.

All basketball fans are paying attention right now.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

My guess is they are delaying to figure out how much to fine players. If it were as simple as suspensions for all players involved, it would have happened already.

Horry is likely the only player to get suspended

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Notice Diaw was already up on his feet and close to the incident as it was happening.

This is what I said last night. Diaw is up and moving towards Nash when he falls. Altercation begins and he returns to the bench. No way he gets suspended.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

There was 10 seconds remaining--I'd say that most if not all the team was standing up at the end of the game.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I said last night. Diaw is up and moving towards Nash when he falls. Altercation begins and he returns to the bench. No way he gets suspended.

I think a good case can be made Diaw never intentionally stepped on the court. I saw him running to Nash down the sidelines, but he may have stepped onto the court on his way back to the bench. Still a violation according to the terms of the rule, but a little easier to argue away then Stoudemire.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I really hope that this distraction won't have a significant effect on game 5. Regardless of what the league decides, the Suns should be preparing for the game, not having to sit and wait for the league, but how do you prepare a game plan when you don't even know who'll be available to play? Not like there's a lot of time in between.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The RSS feed from AZcentral just put up a story titled "Amare, Diaw Suspended" but no link. Not looking good right now.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
The RSS feed from AZcentral just put up a story titled "Amare, Diaw Suspended" but no link. Not looking good right now.

Gambo and Ash just said Stern is coming to the game tomorrow. :eek:

scoutmasterdave

Board Certified Suns Fan
Reaction score
For what it's worth, it's possible that AZCentral is just being proactive, getting ready to put up a story the second they find out the news (one way or the other), and that their RSS feed has a bug.

One can hope, right? :shrug:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The article that RSS feed is supposed to point to is on the front page of the Sports section of the site--and it's definitely a question. Very poor work by the guys at the Republic for that.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The article that RSS feed is supposed to point to is on the front page of the Sports section of the site--and it's definitely a question. Very poor work by the guys at the Republic for that.
Well, after over an hour they finally changed the title to "Suns await decision" and posted an article:
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0515await-ON.html

Interesting to finally read Diaw's response. He says that he was trying to see what happened and moved to get a better look. This is exactly what I saw and I think Amare was doing the same.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Proof positive that Amare was in fact already on the court BEFORE the alleged altercation therefore nullifying any suggestion that he left the bench to confront Horry.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Proof positive that Amare was in fact already on the court BEFORE the alleged altercation therefore nullifying any suggestion that he left the bench to confront Horry.
Hooray CliffY!!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And also out further than Duncan was on the other play (which I said before).

And when the altercation began he moved towards the altercation (took off that towel, even) and then was restrained and moved to the bench.

Same thing.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
And also out further than Duncan was on the other play (which I said before).

And when the altercation began he moved towards the altercation (took off that towel, even) and then was restrained and moved to the bench.

Same thing.

He moved toward NASH, not the altercation.

mribnik

Reaction score
They just said on sportscenter that Amare and Diaw were suspended 1 game and Horry was suspended 2 games.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05