Cardinals at Bills gameday thread 9-8-24

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
FWIW Kurt Warner agrees with him. Could be the QB club in action but Kurt doesn't generally sugar coat it.
My biggest issue with Kyler yesterday was the way he goes down so easily, at least twice. Frustrating!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My biggest issue with Kyler yesterday was the way he goes down so easily, at least twice. Frustrating!
Oh no he went down twice against a good fast defense with our poopy line oh no what are we gonna do? Likely the best QB our poopy defense will play all year and they let him work us over and over. Kyler going down a few times is fine would you rather him take a huge hit and risk injury in his first live action of the year? Just curious…

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh no he went down twice against a good fast defense with our poopy line oh no what are we gonna do? Likely the best QB our poopy defense will play all year and they let him work us over and over. Kyler going down a few times is fine would you rather him take a huge hit and risk injury in his first live action of the year? Just curious…
Kyler going down because someone sneezed in his direction on 3rd down, with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter on the first possible game winning drive, just isn’t “fine” in my book. There was no risk of if injury. He’s just not physically built to play tough in the pocket and that can and has hurt our chances of winning games.

His skittishness is what also caused him to blow the wide open Harrison TD on the second game winning drive attempt that went nowhere.

No risk of major injury.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
MHJ back shoulder throw that he didn't turn around for.
Drop by MHJ
Drop by Wilson
2x PI on perfectly thrown balls
Bad throw to Trey while running to his left(and should have kept running)

Certainly a different perspective on the 0 for 6

Having only 6 is concerning though.
And a rather blatant PI by defender on McBride. The guy wasn’t playing the ball at all.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Plus there was the bunny Wilson dropped in the 4th quarter PA!

I don't know if you've seen the replay on that one, but it was a 25 yard laser to the sideline right in Wilson's breadbasket!

How deflating for our QB1 to do everything right in a clutch moment, and then not get the payoff from his teammate!

Thank you so much for supporting the Cardinals yesterday, and I think we still have some hope for this year! Hope you agree!
Yes, that drop by Wilson was right in front of us. I like Wilson’s potential, so I really felt bad for him. When I watched the replay of the game last night, you could see that Murray wasn’t happy about that one. It was definitely Kyler’s most accurate pass of the day. As we left the stadium, many Bills fans admitted to me that they lucked out winning that game. Cardinals are definitely getting better, that’s why it’s so frustrating that they didn’t get that W.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler going down because someone sneezed in his direction on 3rd down, with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter on the first possible game winning drive, just isn’t “fine” in my book. There was no risk of if injury. He’s just not physically built to play tough in the pocket and that can and has hurt our chances of winning games.

His skittishness is what also caused him to blow the wide open Harrison TD on the second game winning drive attempt that went nowhere.

No risk of major injury.
Murray went down because his 325 lb RT was pushed back into his leg as he was trying to escape the pocket. It certainly wasn’t a sneeze. And I would recommend that you don’t trust a freeze frame when it came to the supposed miss of MHJ. Even Orlovsky, who routinely hates on both Murray & the Cardinals emphasized that there was never a real opportunity for Murray to get the ball to MHJ. The RT position needs to be addressed as Beachum is awful.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Murray went down because his 325 lb RT was pushed back into his leg as he was trying to escape the pocket. It certainly wasn’t a sneeze. And I would recommend that you don’t trust a freeze frame when it came to the supposed miss of MHJ. Even Orlovsky, who routinely hates on both Murray & the Cardinals emphasized that there was never a real opportunity for Murray to get the ball to MHJ. The RT position needs to be addressed as Beachum is awful.
The offense is probably going to have to get used to Beachum. The Rams were trotting out a guy that made Beachum look like an all pro and their offense still managed to have some life.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murray went down because his 325 lb RT was pushed back into his leg as he was trying to escape the pocket. It certainly wasn’t a sneeze.

He got bumped and fell down. Like he always does when he gets the slightest bit of contact.

And I would recommend that you don’t trust a freeze frame when it came to the supposed miss of MHJ.

I didn’t trust the freeze frame. I saw every angle of it, and saw Kyler panic out of the pocket, instead of standing and then ran around like he usually did and missed what would have been the biggest play of the game.

Even Orlovsky, who routinely hates on both Murray & the Cardinals emphasized that there was never a real opportunity for Murray to get the ball to MHJ.

Don’t care what other people think. I have my own two eyes, as do plenty of other Cards fans here who saw the same thing… Kyler blow a sure TD.

But yeah… if CARDINALS said there was no shot there, we’ve got to believe them. I mean, it’s not like they’ve blown smoke up all of our collective butts about how much better this defense will be. No way they’d actually go out and cover for their QB in that situation. That would be totally unheard of!

The RT position needs to be addressed as Beachum is awful.

How can this be after you continually bashed anyone who dared question the “great depth” this team had?!

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So I was at the game representing. Which may not be a good thing because now I’m like 3-34 all time watching them live. Just brutal. When you’re there, you do miss so, so much by not seeing the replays, etc. Phenomenal football environment in Buffalo & I was shocked at how many Cardinal fans were there. Plenty of good & some bad for sure. But a pretty clean game when you take into account that we don’t play anyone in preseason. It was a tale of 2 halves. Petzing was very good in the 1st half & not so good in the 2nd. Give the Bills some credit. I thought their D was better than expected. We got hosed on 3 legit PI calls that were never called, with 2 to Dortch on that last drive. Murray & our OL were in command of that game until Williams went down. Then the Bills took advantage of Beachum way too often. And even Paris got schooled by Rousseau, but he had 2 sacks on Beachum & one resulted in the fumble by Kyler. I thought Benson should have played a little more. He played in one series & we scored on that series. He was never seen again. Petzing has some mind boggling run calls on 3rd downs when the ball should have stayed in Murray’s hands. Inexcusable that our WR1 & WR2 had 2 catches combined. And they still almost won. Not sure who’s fault that is, but it has to be fixed & fixed soon. MHJ hadn’t played in a real game since November, so I guess that matters too. Wilson dropped a perfectly thrown pass on the sideline on that drive that was bad. He has to make that catch every time.

I know I’m missing a ton, but no one will read this if it gets too long lol. Bills OL is very good & our DL definitely needs Robinson back asap. I thought Mack played great & Collins was good too. We allowed like 4 third and long
conversions where Allen escaped a sack & burned us. Some of that is on us & some of that is because Allen is phenomenal at doing just that. I saw that he did hurt him, but it remains to be seen whether he’ll miss time? All in all, there was plenty of both good and bad. The wind definitely played a part in our play calling, but that applies to both teams. Lastly, and most importantly, the wings in Buffalo ARE the best lol!!!
Great analysis!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You can't hit the QB in the head. You especially can't hit the #2 QB in the league in the head. That's just the way it's going to be; no use whining about it.
Agreed. It’s not really an ambiguous rule. And it’s virtually always called.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I would say he wasn’t the primary reason we lost. But it’s disappointing that despite the other reasons he couldn’t be the reason we won. As the #1 overall pick, paid $49M, in his sixth season, I think we all hoped he could be. And he couldn’t.

I think this sums up a lot of the board's frustration with Sunday's performance by K1. And what a nice turn of phrase too Ouchie, thank you.

Hang in there please! Let's see what happens over the next four or five weeks.

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Yes, that drop by Wilson was right in front of us. I like Wilson’s potential, so I really felt bad for him. When I watched the replay of the game last night, you could see that Murray wasn’t happy about that one. It was definitely Kyler’s most accurate pass of the day. As we left the stadium, many Bills fans admitted to me that they lucked out winning that game. Cardinals are definitely getting better, that’s why it’s so frustrating that they didn’t get that W.

Sunday's game definitely feels like a missed opportunity, and that makes the loss even more terrible.

Still super-hyped for the season, although we need to get the defense going PA. Saw some signs on Sunday but all in all they got routed.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sunday's game definitely feels like a missed opportunity, and that makes the loss even more terrible.
Agreed. Just a somewhat reasonable end of 2nd quarter and 2nd half and the Cardinals win that game. Or a few better throws at the win and the Cardinals likely escape with a win.
Still super-hyped for the season, although we need to get the defense going PA. Saw some signs on Sunday but all in all they got routed.
There were some positives, and there some things they can grow from. Much more hope (hopium?) that they can actually get better THIS year.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Just an opinion. The Bills had a long runback on either our first or second kickoffs, and we all know what Deejay Dallas did. So I can see teams kicking through the end zone, and letting teams start at the 30, thus taking the return out of the game. Anyone agree/disagree?
Cowher said the same on CBS Sunday. He said the risk reward is skewed toward kicking the ball into the end zone versus risking a long return.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't harm the Bills.

The Bills only attempted 2 passes that were deeper than 10 yards. One was incomplete to MVS, and the 28 yarder to Coleman in the 4th. All other passes Allen attempted were short.

The Cardinals had 4 deep passes in the game. Two to McBride that fell incomplete. The one that Michael Wilson Dropped on the last drive and the 4th down pass to Dortch at the end of the game.

Both teams did not take many deep shots. Not sure if it was because of the wind or not.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
The Bills only attempted 2 passes that were deeper than 10 yards. One was incomplete to MVS, and the 28 yarder to Coleman in the 4th. All other passes Allen attempted were short.

The Cardinals had 4 deep passes in the game. Two to McBride that fell incomplete. The one that Michael Wilson Dropped on the last drive and the 4th down pass to Dortch at the end of the game.

Both teams did not take many deep shots. Not sure if it was because of the wind or not.
Passing yardage across the league is down

it seems like more and more teams are adopting the two safeties back / no big plays / make the offense go 10 plays to score approach

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just an opinion. The Bills had a long runback on either our first or second kickoffs, and we all know what Deejay Dallas did. So I can see teams kicking through the end zone, and letting teams start at the 30, thus taking the return out of the game. Anyone agree/disagree?
We should be kicking it out of the endzone every time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky