Today's games...

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Ive been reading posts for over a half hour with the singular theme that the league and refs are out to ruin the suns. I'msimply saying elevate your game so it doesnt matter.

At least i'm not the only one who sees it.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Ive been reading posts for over a half hour with the singular theme that the league and refs are out to ruin the suns. I'msimply saying elevate your game so it doesnt matter.

I guess that makes me a character! Go figure.

If by "elevate" our game you mean become like the spurs to get the calls, then no thanks.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If you take care of business... the one call here or there isnt going to effect you.

And even if the Lakers don't take care of business (get outscored 10-1 in the last 2 minutes of the game) the can rest assured that a ******** foul will be called to save them.

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score

I guess that makes me a character! Go figure.

ok,i agree with "elevate your game" part,to be honest,i was at work and didn't see the pistons game but as you said,full threads against the ref's made me think the ref's maybe gave the game to detroit in the overtimes.
but these calls are most times against the suns,never remember the Spurs getting key bad calls like those in clutch time/OT.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
And even if the Lakers don't take care of business (get outscored 10-1 in the last 2 minutes of the game) the can rest assured that a ******** foul will be called to save them.

You're hilarious dude. Seriously, keep it up, the more you cry, the harder I laugh. :lol:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes when a small contusion results in a concentrated, hard swelling it's called a "mouse". You hear it mostly in boxing.

Ah, not a big boxing fan. That would make sense then.

So what was Hasim Rahman's? A poodle?

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
ok,i agree with "elevate your game" part,to be honest,i was at work and didn't see the pistons game but as you said,full threads against the ref's made me think the ref's maybe gave the game to detroit in the overtimes.
but these calls are most times against the suns,never remember the Spurs getting key bad calls like those in clutch time/OT.

I remember the Spurs losing to the Mavs in game 7 of the '06 playoffs when Ginobilli fouled Dirk at the end of the game. That was pretty bad, but to be honest I heard that Stern had only gotten to second base with Duncan by that time so things weren't as serious as they are now.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
If by "elevate" our game you mean become like the spurs to get the calls, then no thanks.

By elevate your game i mean play tougher defense, play better offense and have leads at ends of games so that a bad call or two wont kill you.

Not unlike boxing. If you leave the other guy knocked out.... It's done.

You allow it to go to the judges... anything can happen.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
come on guys.... you dont think in every city the fans say the same? There are bad calls every game. Heck, you could call a foul every play oif you wanted. I know you Suns fans feel as though you are persecuted but its just not so.

OP
OP
A

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Tough loss for Warriors... Bad day today... Rockets won, Suns lost, Lakers won...

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
My god, he had ice water in his veins yesterday. Those shots were icy daggers into the hearts of Laker fans. Stephen Jackson is a very good player, all I could do was tip my hat in respect. Golden State plays with a lot of heart.

surprised to see that one from you:)

btw,recently the warriors-lakers games are a lot of fun to watch

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
Tough loss for Warriors... Bad day today... Rockets won, Suns lost, Lakers won...

how are rockets and mavs' schedules like?
i don't even see the rockets as a serious noisy oponent in play off's without yao's paint dominance

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
These games today may have hurt the Suns in the standings, but I am pretty much convinced that the Suns are good enough to beat any team in the league in a playoff series as long as all these old guys can stay healthy.

When the Suns were 6th in the west a few weeks ago I was worried, not because of the seed, but because of how bad they looked. Right now I could see them going all the way from the sixth seed.

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
These games today may have hurt the Suns in the standings, but I am pretty much convinced that the Suns are good enough to beat any team in the league in a playoff series as long as all these old guys can stay healthy.

When the Suns were 6th in the west a few weeks ago I was worried, not because of the seed, but because of how bad they looked. Right now I could see them going all the way from the sixth seed.

warriors will finish 2nd or 3rd i guess in the west

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
I remember the Spurs losing to the Mavs in game 7 of the '06 playoffs when Ginobilli fouled Dirk at the end of the game. That was pretty bad, but to be honest I heard that Stern had only gotten to second base with Duncan by that time so things weren't as serious as they are now.

that one actually,i enjoyed:)

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
surprised to see that one from you:)

btw,recently the warriors-lakers games are a lot of fun to watch

Believe it or not, I don't just blindly cheer for the Lakers. I love them, I do, but I try to keep my emotions in check. I don't think they are a lock for anything except 1 out of 8 playoff spots. I don't agree with most media already crowning them champions, I think their injury problems might be too much to overcome this year.

The only reason you and I tangle is because I don't like the way you bash them whenever they lose, and don't say a word when they win. The only reason you and I don't get along is because I respect your team, but you don't respect mine. I'm not a Suns fan, but I will at least admit they are a good team with a realistic shot at a title. If you could do the same of your opponents, we would probably get along a lot better.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
By elevate your game i mean play tougher defense, play better offense and have leads at ends of games so that a bad call or two wont kill you.

Not unlike boxing. If you leave the other guy knocked out.... It's done.

You allow it to go to the judges... anything can happen.

You realise this is detroit we are talking about, right? Last time the lakers and detroit played, detroit won by a single point. Does that mean LA is not a good team and "needs to elevate their game"? No it means that detroit is a solid team.

They were down rip hamilton but we had a very rusty bell and it was AT detroit. Beating them by say, double digits, is not a realistic goal since they are a solid playoff team who only seems to have an allergy to cleveland.

Right now if I had to take boston or detroit in the playoffs I would take detroit 5 to 1.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05