Today's games...

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
Wow, you guys should get together and have a good cry.

I have no idea why you have to be fanatic,
any basketball fan who knows the rules,would say it's a bad call.
If the same call was called for Kobe when Lakers had chance to tie/win in the last 4 seconds,you'd be writing something different now.
If you think it's actually a fair call,you know nothing about basketball rules

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
At the beginning of the play, Ellis has his arm around Fisher just before they go down. From the ref's angle, it probably looked like Ellis pulled down Fisher.

Referees obviously can't see every angle like the TV cameras do.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I have no idea why you have to be fanatic,
any basketball fan who knows the rules,would say it's a bad call.
If the same call was called for Kobe when Lakers had chance to tie/win in the last 4 seconds,you'd be writing something different now.
If you think it's actually a fair call,you know nothing about basketball rules

It was a bad call.

Just no point in crying over it, that's all. Warriors got some calls as well, it's not like the Refs just handed the game to LA, despite what you think.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
man, you're really annoying.

coming from the guy who says that the lakers get all the calls, when clearly they got screwed on the lane violation call. if you don't like what i say, ignore me.

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
At the beginning of the play, Ellis has his arm around Fisher just before they go down. From the ref's angle, it probably looked like Ellis pulled down Fisher.

Referees obviously can't see every angle like the TV cameras do.

Agreed but if you don't see clearly,why not even discussing with other 2 referees?why assuming Monta fouled,especially when that one decision costs a win

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
But still giving credit to Lakers ,especially to Odom,I think he's one of the most underrated players in the NBA,him playing solid and doing the dirty work means a lot to the Lakers.

he's done a nice job stepping up in the absence of their other bigs. For a guy who hates being the second option, he has been impressive.

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
It was a bad call.

Just no point in crying over it, that's all. Warriors got some calls as well, it's not like the Refs just handed the game to LA, despite what you think.

By the way,am I wrong?I thought the lane violation call was against Lamar?Did they call it for Kobe?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I kind of have a feeling the warriors weren't going to hit the shot to tie or but take the lead but would have been fun to seee another ot :)

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
By the way,am I wrong?I thought the lane violation call was against Lamar?Did they call it for Kobe?

Wrong on what? If you mean that it was a bad call, no, you're not wrong. It was a bad call, I'm not so much of a homer that I'm just going to defend the Lakers no matter what. They got that call, my only point was that they were victimized by others, it's just how the game works. Every team, including the Lakers get some breaks from time to time, but also occasionally get screwed. It happens to everyone, that's all I'm saying here.

And I believe the Violation was on Odom, to be honest, I'm not 100% sure.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Agreed but if you don't see clearly,why not even discussing with other 2 referees?why assuming Monta fouled,especially when that one decision costs a win

I was hoping for a non-call. When guys fall down the refs never seem to let it go though.

I liked the Lakers chances there at the end with Davis and Ellis both on the ground.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Did you guys watch the game? The call was on Kobe Bryant.

I'm at work, so I only got to see bits and pieces on Raptorsnation.net. We're not supposed to watch streaming video, so I had to minimize for much of the game. I just saw the replay on that, thanks for the correction.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
whine whine whine!!!!

If you take care of business... the one call here or there isnt going to effect you. Keep blaming the refs, the league, the commish, the ball boy, the clock keeper, etc etc.

As for the ellis/fisher..... funny nobody saw the initial left arm hook by ellis at the top of the key that got fish off ballance and allowed him to simply run over him. Non call here would have been my take. That it came to one call is both the lakers and warriors fault. If you dont want the refs deciding the game, dont get in that position.

With that being said. The players themselves are as much to blame as the officials for the lack of consistency in NBA calls. Everybody flops. 220 lb guys are acting like they are tossed out of cannons when lightly bumped. The officials have an impossible job and its made all the more difficult by al the blatant acting going on.

As for the lane violation... it was kobe. A ticky tack call, but again, if he doesnt step in.... they cant call it. I bet he wont do it again.

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
whine whine whine!!!!

If you take care of business... the one call here or there isnt going to effect you. Keep blaming the refs, the league, the commish, the ball boy, the clock keeper, etc etc.

As for the ellis/fisher..... funny nobody saw the initial left arm hook by ellis at the top of the key that got fish off ballance and allowed him to simply run over him. That it came to one call is both the lakers and warriors fault. If you dont want the refs deciding the game, dont get in that position.

With that being said. The players themselves are as much to blame as the officials for the lack of consistency in NBA calls. Everybody flops. 220 lb guys are acting like they are tossed out of cannons when lightly bumped. The officials have an impossible job and its made all the more difficult by al the blatant acting going on.

As for the lane violation... it was kobe. A ticky tack call, but again, if he doesnt step in.... they cant call it. I bet he wont do it again.

this guy is a character:)
i don't see anyone whining except you

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ellis fouled Fisher, Fisher fouled Ellis. Ellis was pushing him forward, and Fish while falling from the pushing used his left arm to bring Ellis down with him.

Should have been a no-call, IMO. I think the only reason they called it was they had two guys on the ground and a third almost down. Was a bit of a let-down in the game though. I was hoping to see Jackson miss a three.

Those announcers are the most hyperbolic, man. Everything was the greatest steal, shot, game you're ever going to see. Ok. And what the hell with the "kobe has a mouse" mean. I've never heard a cut/bruise called a mouse. :shrug:

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Golden State got ultra-robbed since it was on their homecourt.

At least in suns vs detroit we were AT detroit when we got robbed.

Stephen Jackson should bust a cap in that refs ass.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
this guy is a character:)
i don't see anyone whining except you

Ive been reading posts for over a half hour with the singular theme that the league and refs are out to ruin the suns. I'msimply saying elevate your game so it doesnt matter.

I guess that makes me a character! Go figure.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Ellis fouled Fisher, Fisher fouled Ellis. Ellis was pushing him forward, and Fish while falling from the pushing used his left arm to bring Ellis down with him.

If it is at the end of OT in a close game, on warriors HC, then if you are going to call something don't call it against the warriors unless it is completely utterly disgustingly obvious.

That ref should undergo twenty lashings to the testicles for doing that.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
:))
i was hoping to see him repeating what he did yesterday

My god, he had ice water in his veins yesterday. Those shots were icy daggers into the hearts of Laker fans. Stephen Jackson is a very good player, all I could do was tip my hat in respect. Golden State plays with a lot of heart.
Ive been reading posts for over a half hour with the singular theme that the league and refs are out to ruin the suns. I'msimply saying elevate your game so it doesnt matter.

I guess that makes me a character! Go figure.

You're right. The only thing teams can do to combat bad officiating is play well enough that the bad calls won't kill you. Bottom line is, if a few more of the Suns shots went in the basket, the calls wouldn't have mattered.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How am I crying? That was a horrible call, which ruined a chance to see an exciting finish.

The Warrior announcers said that the lane violation was on Odom. I wasn't paying attention.

All I know is that the Lakers suck. They have a bunch of good players who have underachieved as a team for 3 years now because their superstar player turns into a complete moron at the end of games and shoots ridiculously difficult shots on every possession.

Unfortunately tonight he decided to pass to Odom and Sasha and they ended up winning.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
Those announcers are the most hyperbolic, man. Everything was the greatest steal, shot, game you're ever going to see. Ok. And what the hell with the "kobe has a mouse" mean. I've never heard a cut/bruise called a mouse. :shrug:

Sometimes when a small contusion results in a concentrated, hard swelling it's called a "mouse". You hear it mostly in boxing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05