Today's games...

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
I want Lakers to be number 1 seed and Warriors number 8,it will be good test for Warriors to show last year was not a lucky 7 games series.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Because they are in the East. We will see how well they will play at Lakers. I won't mind them winning at all :).

They have beaten Boston on back to back nights. They have beaten the pistons, the magic, and the cavs. That's impressive for any team. Hell, that's more than the suns can say.

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
LOL.

Bring it on...the Lakers will roll the Warriors.

Well,Dallas had 67 wins last year and Lakers will end with what?56-57 at max?So,why not?Dallas had the MVP,coach of the year,best record.This year Wariors is 2-0 against Lakers,might be 3-0 tomorrow.The win differences between Lakers and Warriors is only 3-4 games,don't let numbers (#1,#8) give you a bad idea.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Well,Dallas had 67 wins last year and Lakers will end with what?56-57 at max?So,why not?Dallas had the MVP,coach of the year,best record.This year Wariors is 2-0 against Lakers,might be 3-0 tomorrow.The win differences between Lakers and Warriors is only 3-4 games,don't let numbers (#1,#8) give you a bad idea.

Again, passenger is wrong.

The Lakers are 1-2 against Golden State, not 0-3. Sunday December 9th, Lakers beat the Warriors 123-113.

The "who would win" argument is silly anyway, it's all conjecture unless it actually happens. As a Laker fan, I would gladly take the Warriors in the 1st round though.

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
In the West,the gap is not big,believe me,anything can happen.I just know Houston,(Mavs/Nuggets) won't do well,but the other 6 teams can compete well

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Again, passenger is wrong.

The Lakers are 1-2 against Golden State, not 0-3. Sunday December 9th, Lakers beat the Warriors 123-113.

The "who would win" argument is silly anyway, it's all conjecture unless it actually happens. As a Laker fan, I would gladly take the Warriors in the 1st round though.

As well you should.

I don't know why everyone is still so enamored with Golden State. I mean, they're playing an even more extreme style that the Suns used to play, and everyone in their mother seemed to be convinced that you can't win like that.

Last year the Warriors beat the only team that they could; a team that was soft and had no inside presence or toughness. The second they played a team that had those things they got spanked 4-1.

I say bring on the Warriors if I'm a Western Conference team.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
As well you should.

I don't know why everyone is still so enamored with Golden State. I mean, they're playing an even more extreme style that the Suns used to play, and everyone in their mother seemed to be convinced that you can't win like that.

Last year the Warriors beat the only team that they could; a team that was soft and had no inside presence or toughness. The second they played a team that had those things they got spanked 4-1.

I say bring on the Warriors if I'm a Western Conference team.

Agreed totally. The Warriors are playing a watered down version of the Suns offense with no low post presence. Golden State also had a huge advantage in the fact that their head coach was the previous coach of their opponent. Nelson knew that team inside and out.

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
As well you should.

You are talking about a 67-15 team as "only team GSW could beat" as if they're Sacramento,Clippers or smthng.That same Mavs was Western finalist a year before Warriors eliminated.

OP
OP
A

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
They have beaten Boston on back to back nights. They have beaten the pistons, the magic, and the cavs. That's impressive for any team. Hell, that's more than the suns can say.
They might have beaten these teams but they are still a mediocre eastern team. None of the eastern teams except Celtics and Pistons are worth any concern except for occassional "upsets"...

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
You are talking about a 67-15 team as "only team GSW could beat" as if they're Sacramento,Clippers or smthng.That same Mavs was Western finalist a year before Warriors eliminated.

Yes, I think they were the only team the Warriors would have beaten. Maybe last year's Lakers, too.

But that was the same Mavs team that blew a 2-0 lead in the Finals and lost four straight. They weren't a very good team when crunch time arrived.

OP
OP
A

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Tell that to Dallas and Utah.
I don't necessary agree with his argument but this is a pretty weak case by you as well... Everyone is beating up on Mavs and Utah played horrendous defense, nothing Lakers did anything special.

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
They might have beaten these teams but they are still a mediocre eastern team. None of the eastern teams except Celtics and Pistons are worth any concern except for occassional "upsets"...

i'd add cleveland and make it a trio

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't necessary agree with his argument but this is a pretty weak case by you as well... Everyone is beating up on Mavs and Utah played horrendous defense, nothing Lakers did anything special.

I don't think it is that weak of an argument. Good teams are beating up on the Mavs...they steamrolled some bad teams recently. The bad defense from Utah was a combination of them not really a good matchup for the Lakers (even the depleted Lakers) and the most precise offense from the Lakers I have seen in a long, long time...especially in the 1st quarter.

Regardless, his statement is silly. "Without Gasol, the Lakers really look nothing special." Without Gasol, they still managed to beat two 40+ win teams on the road. Without Amare or Nash, do the Suns really look anything special? We are without our second option, and our 3rd/4th who also happens to be our interior defender in Bynum is also out. Do the Suns without Amare and Shaq (or Nash and Shaq, if you consider Amare the first option) look anything special?

Passenger has nothing to say when the Lakers open up 20+ point leads leading to wins in Dallas and Utah and blow out a bad Seattle team, but when they play absolutely terrible (1st half 14 TOs for 25 points) and are down 23 at halftime, then come back and have a shot to win it late he comments "they look nothing special." Passenger is also the guy who claims the Lakers have a problem with their guards, only after they have the occasional bad game. When they roll off mega-points I hear crickets; when Fish is in slump the argument is trotted out again. :rolleyes:

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I don't think it is that weak of an argument. Good teams are beating up on the Mavs...they steamrolled some bad teams recently. The bad defense from Utah was a combination of them not really a good matchup for the Lakers (even the depleted Lakers) and the most precise offense from the Lakers I have seen in a long, long time...especially in the 1st quarter.

Regardless, his statement is silly. "Without Gasol, the Lakers really look nothing special." Without Gasol, they still managed to beat two 40+ win teams on the road. Without Amare or Nash, do the Suns really look anything special? We are without our second option, and our 3rd/4th who also happens to be our interior defender in Bynum is also out. Do the Suns without Amare and Shaq (or Nash and Shaq, if you consider Amare the first option) look anything special?

Passenger has nothing to say when the Lakers open up 20+ point leads leading to wins in Dallas and Utah and blow out a bad Seattle team, but when they play absolutely terrible (1st half 14 TOs for 25 points) and are down 23 at halftime, then come back and have a shot to win it late he comments "they look nothing special." Passenger is also the guy who claims the Lakers have a problem with their guards, only after they have the occasional bad game. When they roll off mega-points I hear crickets; when Fish is in slump the argument is trotted out again. :rolleyes:

That's because Passenger has proven time and time again that he knows absolutely nothing.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lakers up 104-93 with 4:45 left in the 4th quarter. The Warriors have shot 32% from the field in the 2nd half.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
warriors just put on a run. down 3 with about a minute to go

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05