***Warning*** Training camp tweets with vids 2024

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At what point do we get concerned that 3rd round pick Trey Benson is 4th string at RB.

Hopefully preseason games he'll force his way up the chart.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know people want to see BJ make plays but Jonah is the guy who I am most worried about on offense.
I think Jonah is slightly + of league average RT.... if that doesn't turn out to be true, then we know we have slightly - of league average in Kevin Beachum... I can live with this sitation at RT

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Jonah is slightly + of league average RT.... if that doesn't turn out to be true, then we know we have slightly - of league average in Kevin Beachum... I can live with this sitation at RT
Zac Taylors scheme has a reputation of being tough on the OL, I'm not sure how accurate that is, but if its true it eases my mind a bit. IDK, I just get a bad gut feeling when I really sit down and think about us signing a former Bengals OL. Burrow got sacked 9 times in a playoff game against the Titans.

Jonah gave up an 8% pressure rate at RT last year and that is being hyped as a big improvement for him (he usually gives up 11% or more). For comparison, Paris last year only gave up a 3.7% pressure rate. I do think our tackle play will be worse going from DJ/Paris to Paris/Jonah. There's not much you can do when an ACL tear happens; but it is a very likely reality that our OL play will be worse next year and I think a lot of people are forgetting that. The general vibe I get is a lot of fans think the OL is fixed, and quite a few were upset when PFF's preseason ranking of the OL was poor.

You are right, I can live with the situation at RT. We've definitely had much worse OLs in the recent past.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
My perspective may be a little different as I feel 8 wins would be a great improvement. Until something changes in the FO, this team is going to be dependent on Kyler, MHJ, McBride, Paris Johnson, Darius Robinson, BJ Ojulari, and the secondary being top 10 at their positions. This is the route the Cardinals chose and young player progress and development is rarely linear.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My perspective may be a little different as I feel 8 wins would be a great improvement. Until something changes in the FO, this team is going to be dependent on Kyler, MHJ, McBride, Paris Johnson, Darius Robinson, BJ Ojulari, and the secondary being top 10 at their positions. This is the route the Cardinals chose and young player progress and development is rarely linear.
I would be butt happy with 8 wins with two of those coming against the lambs:)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky