***Warning*** Training camp tweets with vids 2024

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
My perspective may be a little different as I feel 8 wins would be a great improvement. Until something changes in the FO, this team is going to be dependent on Kyler, MHJ, McBride, Paris Johnson, Darius Robinson, BJ Ojulari, and the secondary being top 10 at their positions. This is the route the Cardinals chose and young player progress and development is rarely linear.
I can't really think of a team that has 5-7 players that are all top 10 at their positions. But maybe. I'm not thinking very hard about it.

I think expecting the rookies to be strong out the gate isn't that reasonable.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I can't really think of a team that has 5-7 players that are all top 10 at their positions. But maybe. I'm not thinking very hard about it.

I think expecting the rookies to be strong out the gate isn't that reasonable.
I spit balled that one.

Let's look at the Ravens. Linderbaum. Lamar. Andrews. Stanley? Madubuike? Roquan. Kyler Hamilton. Marcus Williams.

Chiefs. Mahomes. Kelce. Creed. Jones. Bolton

Dolphins...Tua? Hill. Waddle? Chubb? Ramsey?

49ers. CMC. Deebo? Kittle. Trent. Bosa. Warner.

Based off of my quick reasearch, maybe not all of those players, but at least 4 or 5. WR is kinda tough so maybe have to go top 20 in that group.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I spit balled that one.

Let's look at the Ravens. Linderbaum. Lamar. Andrews. Stanley? Madubuike? Roquan. Kyler Hamilton. Marcus Williams.

Chiefs. Mahomes. Kelce. Creed. Jones. Bolton

Dolphins...Tua? Hill. Waddle? Chubb? Ramsey?

49ers. CMC. Deebo? Kittle. Trent. Bosa. Warner.

Based off of my quick reasearch, maybe not all of those players, but at least 4 or 5. WR is kinda tough so maybe have to go top 20 in that group.
So some of the best teams int he NFL?

I think it's time to add Brock Purdy to the top 10 QB list.

I don't think that Waddle is top 10 and maybe not top 20.

The problem that Monti faces is that when he arrived he had MAYBE one top 10 player in Budda and nothing else. Maybe two if you count Conner. Also, the roster was then hollowed out of developmental talent as part of a culture change. Now, he has to develop the talent while also discovering a couple of top players at their position.

Keim didn't leave him a lot to work with, but when you're needlessly blowing Marco Wilson-sized holes in your roster you up the level of difficulty.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So some of the best teams int he NFL?

I think it's time to add Brock Purdy to the top 10 QB list.

I don't think that Waddle is top 10 and maybe not top 20.

The problem that Monti faces is that when he arrived he had MAYBE one top 10 player in Budda and nothing else. Maybe two if you count Conner. Also, the roster was then hollowed out of developmental talent as part of a culture change. Now, he has to develop the talent while also discovering a couple of top players at their position.

Keim didn't leave him a lot to work with, but when you're needlessly blowing Marco Wilson-sized holes in your roster you up the level of difficulty.
Yeah. I think being discussed as one of the best teams in the NFL is the bar. If Kyler, MHJ, McBride, Paris, and DRob are in that top 10 positional mix, then we probably are at least close. I signal them out because Monti has convinced me he isn't going to spend in FA on big name players (good or bad).

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zac Taylors scheme has a reputation of being tough on the OL, I'm not sure how accurate that is, but if its true it eases my mind a bit. IDK, I just get a bad gut feeling when I really sit down and think about us signing a former Bengals OL. Burrow got sacked 9 times in a playoff game against the Titans.

Jonah gave up an 8% pressure rate at RT last year and that is being hyped as a big improvement for him (he usually gives up 11% or more). For comparison, Paris last year only gave up a 3.7% pressure rate. I do think our tackle play will be worse going from DJ/Paris to Paris/Jonah. There's not much you can do when an ACL tear happens; but it is a very likely reality that our OL play will be worse next year and I think a lot of people are forgetting that. The general vibe I get is a lot of fans think the OL is fixed, and quite a few were upset when PFF's preseason ranking of the OL was poor.

You are right, I can live with the situation at RT. We've definitely had much worse OLs in the recent past.
I can’t discount scheme and coaching. What this o-line was doing toward the end of last year was impressive.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yeah. I think being discussed as one of the best teams in the NFL is the bar. If Kyler, MHJ, McBride, Paris, and DRob are in that top 10 positional mix, then we probably are at least close. I signal them out because Monti has convinced me he isn't going to spend in FA on big name players (good or bad).
I know that's your overall point. I think that DRob is the biggest risk/reward candidate that Monti has drafted so far. One year of production playing out of position from where he's playing as a pro.

I think as the team becomes more solid from a starting player perspective, we'll be more likely to take risks on prospects who have a higher ceiling but lower potential floor.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
6’5” 295 with about 8% body fat. I swear Robinson is like a Madden create-a-player. He’s going to be insane even as a rookie, every clip I see of him he’s just blowing up an OL. I’m excited to see what he does this year.
You aren't wrong in the sense he seems very athletically gifted. What is interesting is that is Dennis Daley. On one hand, a lot of dudes have blown past Daley. On the other hand, Daley is a vet and Robinson a fresh rookie.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I know that's your overall point. I think that DRob is the biggest risk/reward candidate that Monti has drafted so far. One year of production playing out of position from where he's playing as a pro.

I think as the team becomes more solid from a starting player perspective, we'll be more likely to take risks on prospects who have a higher ceiling but lower potential floor.
I disagree a little on the DRob risk/reward. I view him a bit similarly to Michael Wilson. Outside of injuries, Michael Wilson seems to have an athletic profile and work ethic that combine to form a decent NFL career as a floor. I kinda view Darius Robinson with the same lens. 6'5 290 with a solid athletic profile and a great motor/work ethic seems like it has a floor of a decent NFL career. He might not be pro bowler, which could be disappointing based on being a 1st round pick, but I venture to guess he is a starting NFL player for several years at least.

His floor is probably William Gholston. 11 years. 88 starts. 19.5 sacks.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Hope that $16M will not end up wasted.

That seemed like a good pass set to me. Beej didn't get past his blocker yet again. After eight seconds.

I disagree a little on the DRob risk/reward. I view him a bit similarly to Michael Wilson. Outside of injuries, Michael Wilson seems to have an athletic profile and work ethic that combine to form a decent NFL career as a floor. I kinda view Darius Robinson with the same lens. 6'5 290 with a solid athletic profile and a great motor/work ethic seems like it has a floor of a decent NFL career. He might not be pro bowler, which could be disappointing based on being a 1st round pick, but I venture to guess he is a starting NFL player for several years at least.

His floor is probably William Gholston. 11 years. 88 starts. 19.5 sacks.

Michael Wilson was picked in the back half of the third round. There's almost no risk there.

Darius Robinson's potential floor is in the same room. L.J. Collier. Interior DL are hard to project. If Robinson ends up with Justin Jones' career that's bad.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I could be wrong. I saw BJ's first bent passed right by Williams. Williams lost his leverage and position afterward (he became chasing from behind).
Yeah I saw the same. Good flexibility out of BJ and that rep is a sack on anything other than a slant or bubble..

got to the QB in 3 seconds and average play has QB's releasing 2.5 - 2.7 seconds... If its 3rd and Long that is an easy sack or pressure

Last edited:

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score

I like PFFs analysis on him. Garanteed top 5 Pick if he was in the 2004 draft. A player type that is a bit positionless in Today’s NFL.

A potential Steal if in the right system and situation, But a risk for most teams. Complimented the fit to JG’s scheme and compared to Brandon Graham at the Eagles as an oversized DE that Can slide in in passing situations. Probably never going to be a monster sack guy, But Very Very important piece of the defense

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I like PFFs analysis on him. Garanteed top 5 Pick if he was in the 2004 draft. A player type that is a bit positionless in Today’s NFL.

A potential Steal if in the right system and situation, But a risk for most teams. Complimented the fit to JG’s scheme and compared to Brandon Graham at the Eagles as an oversized DE that Can slide in in passing situations. Probably never going to be a monster sack guy, But Very Very important piece of the defense
We'll see. PFF loved a lot of Keim's past draft picks, also. Much confirmation bias at play.