What is wrong with Mallet?

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
Mallet has always reminded me of Ryan Leaf. I don't think Mallet is mentally mature enough for the pro system.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Dude.... He has thrown two perfect fades tonight for TD's.

12 points down.... Newton has come back from worse. lol

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
Mallet's better than DA by alot (not that that's saying much), but is going to develop Joey Harrington syndrome after ten games behind our line.

Now, DeMarcus Love and DJ Williams are Hogs that I'd love to see on Big Red.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Oooops.... 10 points. With one quarter to go!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
The receivers aren't exactly helping him out, either. Its like watching Skelton... Great arm, inaccuracies, flashes of brilliance, areas of improvement on reading blitzes. Not very mobile at all though, at least Skeltons got that on him.

Which is why I have been saying he's Skelton's twin for a while. Better arm and worse footwork and pocket pressence.

Not to mention his system makes it overlook his faults. He's looked off his primary receiver TWICE THE ENTIRE GAME. Spread offense and only one read

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I was about to post that OSU got lucky on a major hold on that 3rd down play. They finally called it.

What an awkward situation that was.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
No pocket pressence whatsoever.

Sorta OT - Is Heyward draft eligble? He's making a better case to be taken in the top 5 than Mallett is

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Sorta OT - Is Heyward draft eligble? He's making a better case to be taken in the top 5 than Mallett is

Yes, he generally considered late first round prospect, although this game may move him up.

Last edited:

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Mallet does not look comfortable or adequate when he leaves the pocket. Skelton looks better in this aspect.

OP
OP
clif

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe we can get him late in the first. Hopefully other teams think like you guys. We can do defense in first then sneak up later in the round. He is absolutely a first round pick.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Maybe we can get him late in the first. Hopefully other teams think like you guys. We can do defense in first then sneak up later in the round. He is absolutely a first round pick.
Skelton plays better against NFL teams. The dropped passes included.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And he threw a pick, while the game was on the line. Total DA style, sorry Clif, he sucks out side of the pocket or with pressure. Maybe even third round now.

OP
OP
clif

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He blew it. No doubt about it. Hopefully he learns from this. He has incredible talent. I wish he would slip to the second for us. Too bad for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05